Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 02-06-2012, 10:01 PM   #1
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Lakers lose to the sixers: 90-95

Okay so I was in class and watched the play by play.

Again....Kobe starts off 8/12....finishes 10/26, meaning he finished the last part 2/14. Unacceptable. This is what I had been pinpointing all along. He keeps shooting. Other guys (Bynum, Murphy, Goudelock) were once again, coming in ready to perform.

This whole situation has been irritating, because the sad part is Kobe knows what needs to be done.

Pau Gasol, 5/14 against a team with no legitimate big men. Say no more.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 10:09 PM   #2
Bosnian Sajo
(-_-)(X_X)BB(9_9)(^_^)

Bosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Lakers lose to the sixers: 90-95

Why does McRoberts not get playing time anymore? Neither does Ebanks...
Bosnian Sajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 11:36 PM   #3
kobesabi
Double Dribble Expert

kobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation here

Yea, what's up with not playing McRoberts. Jimmy implosion orders?
kobesabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 12:38 AM   #4
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

DKLaker has not been impressing people

Lakerfreak, kobesabi and bosnian sajo, I agree with everything you guys said.
I don't know WTF Kobe was thinking???? Pau......you guys know I'm tired of his act. DFish......why are we wasting 27 minutes of playing time on him?
Brown and his staff are bi-polar, they have no clue as to how to handle a rotation of players, and certainly no idea on how to direct an offense or draw up plays (And yes I know Brown was suspended).
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 01:50 AM   #5
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

The lakers were winning the game with 3 minutes to go. What the hell happened?
Old 02-07-2012, 02:29 AM   #6
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

ihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Kobe has been averaging 24+ fg/game. Needs to cut down to around 20, and give Bynum 3-4 more shot attempts. Bynum is just at around 12 per game. Kobe trys to do too much
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 02:49 AM   #7
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

DKLaker has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatetimthomas
Kobe has been averaging 24+ fg/game. Needs to cut down to around 20, and give Bynum 3-4 more shot attempts. Bynum is just at around 12 per game. Kobe trys to do too much

Here is the problem......we don't have a PG so we only have Kobe to penetrate and get the ball to Bynum........we don't have anyone who can hit shots on a regular basis so this allow teams to sag back or cheat to double, triple Bynum.......this is why we take so long to get into our offense and often Kobe gets the ball back with little time on the clock. We need to get a real PG!!!!!
We could also use 1 or 2 gets who can create their own shot and make a good %.
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 03:25 AM   #8
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

ihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker
Here is the problem......we don't have a PG so we only have Kobe to penetrate and get the ball to Bynum........we don't have anyone who can hit shots on a regular basis so this allow teams to sag back or cheat to double, triple Bynum.......this is why we take so long to get into our offense and often Kobe gets the ball back with little time on the clock. We need to get a real PG!!!!!

Yea, with no perimeter threats outside of Kobe, the Lakers offense is pretty easy to defend. I still didnt like Kobes forcing of shots tonight, but you make a valid point. We do lack penetration and we lack perimeter offense.
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 03:50 AM   #9
DirtySanchez
National High School Star

DirtySanchez is considered somewhat coolDirtySanchez is considered somewhat coolDirtySanchez is considered somewhat cool

Kobe is guuna pit up shots we live n die by them etc. Always been that way....Pau lack of offense just amazes me. We should ship him out for something.
DirtySanchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 04:34 AM   #10
All Net
Twitter-@AllNetSports

All Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Bynum needs more shots, Kobe shooting over 20+ is only going to tire him come playoff time.
All Net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 03:40 PM   #11
bladefd
Good college starter

bladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I missed this game. Kinda glad I missed it tho based on some of the things I saw you guys type.. Things just doesn't look too good in Laker land right now

Get to it, mitch!
bladefd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 03:45 PM   #12
LA KB24
LAL|LAC

LA KB24 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
I agree, even an average PG would do wonders for this team. Simmons said it best:

Look, it's not rocket science: Any basketball game is going to be more entertaining with competent-or-better point guards running the show. (Cut to Knicks and Lakers fans nodding.) Without the right point guard, you won't get fast break points or easy baskets (cut to Knicks and Lakers fans nodding), you won't have good ball movement (cut to Knicks and Lakers fans nodding), it's harder to get your post guys the ball in the right spots (cut to Knicks and Lakers fans nodding), and you might have to rely on one perimeter player shooting 25 to 30 times a game while everyone else stands around (cut to Knicks and Lakers fans nodding vigorously while fighting off tears). More point guards = more fun.
LA KB24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 05:47 PM   #13
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

It is clear that this league has become a point guard league, but our situation is just ridiculous. The knicks have Jeremy Lin putting up huge games for them the last two. We have Goudelock, okay, not bad, but its not enough.

My oh my, this is what happens when you take too long to fix a leak....eventually the entire floor will be 3 inches deep. We've been saying for years now the point guard situation needed to be fixed. Now its worse than ever.
Old 02-07-2012, 08:33 PM   #14
tamaraw08
Decent college freshman

tamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

Heard from the radio, citing another website that Boston is shopping Rondo and is interested in Pau. I love Rondo's defense and ability to create but he can't shoot a lick so I can imagine opposing teams sagging in more with Rondo and Bynum in the lineup.
One option is to involve another team with a more suited PG like Steve Nash. Yes I know Steve is 38 but the way I see it is Kobe has only a 2 year window to win it all...Phoenix should understand that they would NOT win and improve with their current lineup so they should consider moving on. Rondo can really help with that transistion.
tamaraw08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 09:46 PM   #15
BØBØ
Local High School Star

BØBØ is popular on this boardBØBØ is popular on this boardBØBØ is popular on this boardBØBØ is popular on this boardBØBØ is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamaraw08
Heard from the radio, citing another website that Boston is shopping Rondo and is interested in Pau. I love Rondo's defense and ability to create but he can't shoot a lick so I can imagine opposing teams sagging in more with Rondo and Bynum in the lineup.
I like Rondo too still I'm calling this rumor BS. Not saying you didn't hear it It sounds like one of those rumors that get made up because some reporter likes playing with the trade machine. Take the Rondo rumors and the Gasol rumors throw them in the trade machine call the arena guy who parks the players cars for confirmation and you have a great rumor
BØBØ is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: