Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 02-07-2012, 11:50 PM   #46
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

Default Re: The Niners & Peyton Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseketball4life
Kolb had some promise, but granted he was sold high by Philly on the basis of upside that might not have ever been there. Cassel actually looked good for NE that one season, Flynn looked great against the Lions in his only game of playing time and actually showed an arm. I see your point but I just don't see ANYONE putting in an offer or courting Alex Smith's services.

If Smith tests the FA market I think he'll be the most touted QB besides Peyton(Flynn, Kolb, Orton, etc) I don't see why anyone would chose Kolb or Orton over Smith. I could also see Seattle going hard after him and try to put him in the same situation he was this past season. good running game, strong defense. The NFC West is getting strong all of a sudden..

But I don't see Smith leaving, why would he? He'll accept anything San Fran will throw at him and he'll probably get a 3/$24mil deal
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 11:58 PM   #47
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickballer
If Smith tests the FA market I think he'll be the most touted QB besides Peyton(Flynn, Kolb, Orton, etc) I don't see why anyone would chose Kolb or Orton over Smith. I could also see Seattle going hard after him and try to put him in the same situation he was this past season. good running game, strong defense. The NFC West is getting strong all of a sudden..

But I don't see Smith leaving, why would he? He'll accept anything San Fran will throw at him and he'll probably get a 3/$24mil deal
Kolb is still under contract with Arizona isn't he? They would look retarded to release him now, I bet he stays there unless they get Peyton which is still possible.
baseketball4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 12:16 AM   #48
UtahJazzFan88
Jazz Fan

Quote:
Kolb is still under contract with Arizona isn't he? They would look retarded to release him now, I bet he stays there unless they get Peyton which is still possible.

Kolb should be traded. Not even the best QB on the current roster.
UtahJazzFan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 12:16 AM   #49
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

Quote:

Yes he is and he just signed a big contract this past offseason but I don't think he's better than Skelton. I think they like Skelton more as he has a much higher upside then Kolb. I also think majority of cardinal fans would rather see Skelton starting

But it would be premature to cut Kolb after that big contract. You have to see what he has to offer before you make a move.Kolb signed a 5yr/$63.5mil deal with $21mil guaranteed last offseason.. OUCH

That being said I hope they keep Kolb
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 04:00 PM   #50
JMT
NBA lottery pick

Quote:

Sure they would, unless it meant adding Manning to the roster. Or if, as has been rumored, the concussions have made it unsafe for Kolb to resume a football career.

In any case, I bet he doesn't win the job from Skelton in camp next year. The players really like Skelton and I've thought all along he has the tools. Was against the Kolb deal to begin with. Yes, he's looked really bad at times, but he's basically 24 months from starting at Fordham, where he was as big as the DE.

I think he has as much or more upside than a guy like Flacco. Just as tall, bigger frame, just as live an arm, far better athlete.
JMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 05:39 PM   #51
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

Quote:
People who have seen Peyton Manning throw since the end of the regular season have told the Indianapolis Star's Bob Kravitz that he doesn't yet look like an NFL quarterback.
Kravitz actually used the phrase "noodle arm" at one point.

ouch
baseketball4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 10:21 PM   #52
Basketball Fan
Local High School Star

Quote:
ouch

While Manning isn't 100% if you live in Indy Kravitz is a sensationalist that's for sure he's been banging the Manning must go drum for a while.

He's not someone you take at face value.
Basketball Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 05:57 AM   #53
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basketball Fan
While Manning isn't 100% if you live in Indy Kravitz is a sensationalist that's for sure he's been banging the Manning must go drum for a while.

He's not someone you take at face value.
Kravitz is a ****ing moron. And he's been banging the "move on" drum far longer than I have. But I'm on board now (not at ALL because of anything Kravitz says, believe me). If Peyton's agent can get directly asked about the nerve on national TV within the last week or so by Mortenson and do nothing but hem and haw and give some bullshit "he'll play next season" answer, it's time to move on.

I cannot think of a single occasion where Kravitz has misquoted a person or taken it out of context. His interpretations of quotes, is indeed generally stupid, but if Kravitz puts it in quotation marks I believe him. He's a shitty journalist, but he's at least an ethical one.

Peyton may play again. But I don't think it's going to be next season.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 10:12 PM   #54
Basketball Fan
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
Kravitz is a ****ing moron. And he's been banging the "move on" drum far longer than I have. But I'm on board now (not at ALL because of anything Kravitz says, believe me). If Peyton's agent can get directly asked about the nerve on national TV within the last week or so by Mortenson and do nothing but hem and haw and give some bullshit "he'll play next season" answer, it's time to move on.

I cannot think of a single occasion where Kravitz has misquoted a person or taken it out of context. His interpretations of quotes, is indeed generally stupid, but if Kravitz puts it in quotation marks I believe him. He's a shitty journalist, but he's at least an ethical one.

Peyton may play again. But I don't think it's going to be next season.

For me its that I wouldn't pay that much for an aging QB after 3 neck procedures and we need to rebuild this team has too many holes to even compete for a title which is what Manning would bother to stick around for anyways.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...ngs-noodle-arm

Quote:

Kravitz retracts description of Manning's 'noodle' arm

Going on the record about Peyton Manning has become a dangerous game of late.

Bob Kravitz of The Indianapolis Star learned as much this week when he described the Colts quarterback as owning a "noodle arm" in the wake of three neck surgeries.

"It's not even about the $35 million anymore. I mean, the guy's arm is a noodle," Kravitz told "The Tony Kornheiser Show" on WTEM-AM on Tuesday. "He can't throw like an NFL quarterback and, by March 8th, you know, there's no way of knowing if he's going to be ready or not. You've got Andrew Luck to start over, I wish they'd make the decision today or tomorrow and move on with it. Instead, we're just ... we're holding on to something that doesn't really exist."

The subsequent media uproar was dizzying, with "noodle" torching the Twitter landscape for possibly the first time in history, but Kravitz is taking it all back. He told The Star's readers on Friday that he "misspoke," adding: "I do that sometimes on radio, especially when I haven't had my coffee.

Breer: A guide to breakups

Breaking up is hard to do, but it doesn't have to get messy. Albert Breer has advice for Peyton and the Colts. More ...

"... I was trying to be funny, flippant, basically saying you don't spend 35 million bucks on a quarterback with a noodle arm. In my head, I was thinking, 'He used to have a laser rocket arm, now it's closer to a noodle arm.' "

Kravitz continued: "In an effort to explain rather than make an excuse, when you do dozens and dozens of interviews over the course of two weeks (something I'm not used to doing), you occasionally say something you wish you hadn't said, or wish you'd said in a different way. I know that in the course of that same interview, I said that my sources said he was throwing 'OK,' but 'noodle arm' understandably has a way of catching people's attention."

Kravitz did not pull back on Tuesday's claims that questions around Manning's future hijacked the week leading up to the Super Bowl.

"I am quite sure he did it deliberately," Kravitz said.
Basketball Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: