Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 02-02-2012, 10:30 AM   #1
KOBELO
Can barely lace up my sneakers

KOBELO has an OK reputation so far
Default Trade Scenarios

Good Morning Fellow Lakers Nation,
Probably Won't Work, But This Is What I Had Bumping Around In My Head, None Of Which Will Work Probably, But Here's The Idea Anyway:

Trade Gasol To Rockets For Scola And Lowry
Pick Up Martin If Possible, If Not Martin, Then Rasheed Wallace
Use The Same Trade Stratigy As The Nets Were Going To Use And Trade Bynum, Ebanks And A First Rounder Or Keep Ebanks And Offer BYNUM AND Two First Rounders For Howard. If Possible, Talk Luke Into Retirement And Give Him A Job In Talent Relations Office, Since He Is So Well Liked By Jim Buss, And Pick Up Arenas AND Chris Kaman As A Back-Up Center. Kaman, As We Know Was Part Of Stern's Wonderful Gordon/Kaman/Draft Picks To New Orleans Hornets Move In Which He Vetoed Chris Paul To Us. So After He Is Released From The Hornets, Pick Him Up To Back-Up Howard.

Line-up:
Lowry/FISHER/MORRIS
Bryant/GOUDELOCK/ARENAS
WORLD PEACE/BARNES/MCROBERTS
SCOLA/Martin/ Wallace
Howard/KAMAN/MURPHY

Just A DUMB Pipe Dream Though. (a Big Pipe DREAM) ANYWAY......Thoughts?

Last edited by KOBELO : 02-02-2012 at 11:04 AM.
KOBELO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 11:24 AM   #2
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

DKLaker has not been impressing people
Default Re: Trade Scenarios

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOBELO
Good Morning Fellow Lakers Nation,
Probably Won't Work, But This Is What I Had Bumping Around In My Head, None Of Which Will Work Probably, But Here's The Idea Anyway:

Trade Gasol To Rockets For Scola And Lowry
Pick Up Martin If Possible, If Not Martin, Then Rasheed Wallace
Use The Same Trade Stratigy As The Nets Were Going To Use And Trade Bynum, Ebanks And A First Rounder Or Keep Ebanks And Offer BYNUM AND Two First Rounders For Howard. If Possible, Talk Luke Into Retirement And Give Him A Job In Talent Relations Office, Since He Is So Well Liked By Jim Buss, And Pick Up Arenas AND Chris Kaman As A Back-Up Center. Kaman, As We Know Was Part Of Stern's Wonderful Gordon/Kaman/Draft Picks To New Orleans Hornets Move In Which He Vetoed Chris Paul To Us. So After He Is Released From The Hornets, Pick Him Up To Back-Up Howard.

Line-up:
Lowry/FISHER/MORRIS
Bryant/GOUDELOCK/ARENAS
WORLD PEACE/BARNES/MCROBERTS
SCOLA/Martin/ Wallace
Howard/KAMAN/MURPHY

Just A DUMB Pipe Dream Though. (a Big Pipe DREAM) ANYWAY......Thoughts?

Good Morning Kobelo

Hey, good idea or bad idea, it give us all something to debate so I appreciate your contribution

My view; Kaman, the way the system is rigged would have to clear waivers/bidding process without being claimed.....in this Center starved league I doubt that will happen. Teams under the cap get the first shot......which is why we had no chance to pick up Billups.

We have 0% chance to get all 3 Scola, Martin, Lowry for Pau. The deal which was agreed to was Pau for Martin, Scola, Dragic and #1 pick.

That being said.....I wish this would all happen
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 03:41 PM   #3
MJ(Mean John)
The Fresh Prince

MJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

At this point.

I don't think that Houston is willing to flip scola and Lowry for pau.

Our next best move would probably be to flip pau to Houston for Kevin Martin and scola; then flip Martin to Cleveland for sessions.

Then maybe we can flip the Lamar tpe for Lamar(I Kidd) or sjax or r Fernandez. A strong 6th man.
MJ(Mean John) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 05:32 PM   #4
BallsOut
NBA lottery pick

BallsOut is starting to rub some people the wrong wayBallsOut is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ(Mean John)
At this point.

I don't think that Houston is willing to flip scola and Lowry for pau.

Our next best move would probably be to flip pau to Houston for Kevin Martin and scola; then flip Martin to Cleveland for sessions.

Then maybe we can flip the Lamar tpe for Lamar(I Kidd) or sjax or r Fernandez. A strong 6th man.

I know Houston would think twice, but I'd love to do a Gasol for Scola + Lowry swap.

PG: Lowry/Blake/Fisher
SG: Bryant/Goudelock/Kapono
SF: Peace/Barnes/Ebanks
PF: Scola/McRoberts/Character
C: Bynum/Murphy

Last edited by BallsOut : 02-04-2012 at 05:37 PM.
BallsOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 10:20 PM   #5
Robster89
Serious playground baller

Robster89 has decent reputationRobster89 has decent reputation

Lowry is untouchable.
I don't know where this Scola/Lowry rumor started.
Lowry has become one of the best PG's in the league. He's young AND on a super reasonable contract. He is the centerpiece the Rockets want to build around They would not move him even straight up for Pau.
The original deal of Scola, Martin, Dragic and the pick is not even on the table anymore.
Pau is a very talented big, but he's on the wrong side of 30 and he makes almost 20 mil/year for 3 years.
I'd love to get Lowry too, but he's not going anywhere.

The Lakers are sitting tight right now. They don't want to move any of their trade assets until they see how the Dwight/DWill scenario might play out.
Between the All Star game and the trade deadline, things will start to heat up.

Last edited by Robster89 : 02-06-2012 at 08:10 PM.
Robster89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 08:14 PM   #6
Robster89
Serious playground baller

Robster89 has decent reputationRobster89 has decent reputation

Hey Kobelo,

Thanks for writing the post.
I don't think its very realistic, as I don't think Houston has any intentions of trading Lowry. (The deal I have heard may be avaiable now is Scola, Lee, Dragic and Thabeet, which I don't think is enough for Pau).
I also don't think Kaman will get waved. He's a solid center and many teams will be after him.

However, I do thank you for taking the time.
Our board has been way to quiet lately.
I, for one, enjoy reading what others come up with and your post was well thought out.
Keep up the good work!
Robster89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 10:19 AM   #7
KOBELO
Can barely lace up my sneakers

KOBELO has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robster89
Hey Kobelo,

Thanks for writing the post.
I don't think its very realistic, as I don't think Houston has any intentions of trading Lowry. (The deal I have heard may be avaiable now is Scola, Lee, Dragic and Thabeet, which I don't think is enough for Pau).
I also don't think Kaman will get waved. He's a solid center and many teams will be after him.

However, I do thank you for taking the time.
Our board has been way to quiet lately.
I, for one, enjoy reading what others come up with and your post was well thought out.
Keep up the good work!

Thanks. I heard the Clips are looking at J.R. Smith also. If so, do you think that Mo Williams would be an option for us, for say as 3rd rounder? I think he's the kind of PG (along w/ D-Fish) that could really show Morris the ropes of being a great PG and likely improve his shooting skills as well. Thoughts?

Last edited by KOBELO : 02-07-2012 at 10:27 AM.
KOBELO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 10:22 PM   #8
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

DKLaker has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOBELO
Thanks. I heard the Clips are looking at J.R. Smith also. If so, do you think that Mo Williams would be an option for us, for say as 3rd rounder? I think he's the kind of PG (along w/ D-Fish) that could really show Morris the ropes of being a great PG and likely improve his shooting skills as well. Thoughts?

I'm not sure what any of this means? The Clippers aren't going to trade Mo Williams.....even if Chauncey wasn't going to be out for the rest of the season.
3rd rounder.......the NBA draft was reduced to only 2 rounds years ago.
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 02:13 AM   #9
DirtySanchez
National High School Star

DirtySanchez is considered somewhat coolDirtySanchez is considered somewhat coolDirtySanchez is considered somewhat cool

What about sending Pau up north to Golden State for Monta?
Include maybe Barnes in deal n also pick up Andres? Warriors have Curry n can use a SF. Gasol will be their center.

Lakers get Monta at point and have andres as a back up for Bynum.
DirtySanchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 03:38 AM   #10
MJ(Mean John)
The Fresh Prince

MJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtySanchez
What about sending Pau up north to Golden State for Monta?
Include maybe Barnes in deal n also pick up Andres? Warriors have Curry n can use a SF. Gasol will be their center.

Lakers get Monta at point and have andres as a back up for Bynum.

Naw that's wack.

I'd rather do the conley+gasol for drew.
Old 02-08-2012, 03:39 AM   #11
MJ(Mean John)
The Fresh Prince

Quote:
Naw that's wack.

I'd rather do the conley+gasol for drew.

Or pau for sessions and scola
Old 02-08-2012, 03:40 AM   #12
MJ(Mean John)
The Fresh Prince

Quote:
Or pau for sessions and scola

Or pau for milsap and Harris!
Old 02-08-2012, 07:17 AM   #13
All Net
Twitter-@AllNetSports

All Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I think if we do make a move for a point guard sessions seems the most likely addition... Last word was cavs weren't Asking much for him.
All Net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 07:04 PM   #14
talkingconch
College superstar

talkingconch is considered somewhat cooltalkingconch is considered somewhat cool

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/losangeles/play?id=7555581

judging from Kobe's cool, calm, collected nature, i definitely think something is in the works.
talkingconch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 07:16 PM   #15
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by talkingconch
http://espn.go.com/espnradio/losangeles/play?id=7555581

judging from Kobe's cool, calm, collected nature, i definitely think something is in the works.

Kobe, a player, knows just as much as any other player on the team. Nothing. Some players are traded and find out on ESPN that they got traded. That happened with Peja Stojakovic when he was on the kings.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: