Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 02-06-2012, 11:45 PM   #1
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Where does your team go from here?

The season's over what moves does your team make to improve? Talk about all needs, possible rumors, etc here.

As for the 49ers our needs are the following:
WR- Biggest need
OC/OG
CB
KR/PR
depth at d-line

Biggest need by far is fixing up the wide receiver core. The injury of morgan hurt the offense as he was the best WR on the team, Edwards was a bust and Crabtree isn't cutting it, he's too slow and doesn't get any seperation not to mention he's a diva. Ideal situation will be getting a deep threat WR and a slot would be great. Welker would be great in this short-mid passing offense. Maybe Desean Jackson? Colston? Draft with the 1st pick?

We can use some interior o-line help. Goodwin is getting old and isn't the best. Snyder is a serviceable starting guard but where one injury aware to Rachal who is terrible. Our pass blocking isn't the best at times

Cornerback position can be a major concern if Rogers leaves and tests the market. Our #2 CB is the weak link of the defense and if we can find someone opposite the field of rogers and with the development of Culliver it should be the best in the league. Brown is a serviceable CB as well though

KR/PR can't let that shit happen again.. Ginn is too injury prone, if he's healthy niners advance to the superbowl..

Getting depth on the d-line for a 3-4 system never hurts.
knickballer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 11:51 PM   #2
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Where does your team go from here?

Giants:

Threaten to fire Coughlin again, because:

Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 11:55 PM   #3
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

MK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this board

HOPEFULLY up.

I mean, that's the only place a team who lost 10 straight can go, right?

From 4-2, in first place, with wins over Atlanta and New Orleans, to losing 10 straight. You don't have anywhere else to go but up.

Needs: Everything, but specifically help in the secondary, CB primarily (Talib prolly in jail or released & Ronde prolly will retire), and RB, OL, LB.

Interested to see what free agency brings to Tampa b/c they finally said they will be active in free agency, which is a complete 180 when compared to what they have been saying the last few years. I'm fairly confident they'll take Claiborne with the 5th pick unless Schiano feels they need to make a splash offensively, and then they could go with Richardson or Blackmon. Who knows with the Bucs.
MK2V1GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 12:08 AM   #4
bsyde82
Decent playground baller

bsyde82 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickballer
The season's over what moves does your team make to improve? Talk about all needs, possible rumors, etc here.

As for the 49ers our needs are the following:
WR- Biggest need
OC/OG
CB
KR/PR
depth at d-line

Biggest need by far is fixing up the wide receiver core. The injury of morgan hurt the offense as he was the best WR on the team, Edwards was a bust and Crabtree isn't cutting it, he's too slow and doesn't get any seperation not to mention he's a diva. Ideal situation will be getting a deep threat WR and a slot would be great. Welker would be great in this short-mid passing offense. Maybe Desean Jackson? Colston? Draft with the 1st pick?

We can use some interior o-line help. Goodwin is getting old and isn't the best. Snyder is a serviceable starting guard but where one injury aware to Rachal who is terrible. Our pass blocking isn't the best at times

Cornerback position can be a major concern if Rogers leaves and tests the market. Our #2 CB is the weak link of the defense and if we can find someone opposite the field of rogers and with the development of Culliver it should be the best in the league. Brown is a serviceable CB as well though

KR/PR can't let that shit happen again.. Ginn is too injury prone, if he's healthy niners advance to the superbowl..

Getting depth on the d-line for a 3-4 system never hurts.

Fellow niner fan here. I disagree with your WR assessment. I get Crabtree disappeared in the playoffs, but he was by far our best receiver during the regular season, and particularly in the second half of the season. Entering next year fully healthy, I'd expect him to post 80ish catches, 1000+ yards and more TDs, depending on the QB play. I do agree we need more speed, more of a big play/red zone threat although I'm not sure why Crab is never given a chance at jump balls. I think it's because Alex never wanted to even risk an INT. That explains the horrible red zone efficiency. And how is Crab a diva? That was a media story creation - everything I read from this past season was how good a teammate Crab was - you only have to observe his blocking to get an idea that the guy will do what is asked of him. That is not a Diva.

If we do sign a WR, I'd want Dwayne Bowe, the closest thing we'll have to niner-era TO. Large catch radius and specialization in circus catches that will help mask Alex's accuracy problems. Plus an obvious red zone threat. NE won't let welker go, and Desean Jackson? You want him after accusing Crab of being a diva? That aside, he's primarily a deep threat, and even the most ardent Alex supporters can't say with a straight face that the deep ball is one of Alex's strengths. Imagine Desean after a few overthrows....it wouldn't be pretty.

Interior line...really the only true question mark is RG. I've read Kilgore has been groomed to eventually take over that spot, and I hope 2012 is the year so we can don't have to spend FA money there.

CB....I'd love to keep Rogers, but only at a slightly below market rate, and not anything beyond 3 years because the dude is old. I thought Tarrell Brown played really well down the stretch. Culliver I hope develops in year 2. I don't know the FA list for corners, but picking up someone else on the cheap like we did with Rogers might be the only option.

For the draft, I'd go for a ball-hawking safety - we don't need hitters. We need a solid coverage safety. We basically play two strong safeties right now. I don't totally trust Goldson, because I think his 6 picks were a bit of smoke and mirrors, and players who play a lot better in a contract year...I'm wary of that. Other than that, niners can afford luxury picks for depth - pass rushers, Dline, corners.
bsyde82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 01:02 AM   #5
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

The Jets has so many holes its terrible!

A QB a new starter or backup
1st. A pass rushing OLB
2nd. A right tackle
3rd. A guard
4th. SS & FS
5th. Athletic LB's
6th. A punter
7th. Team Speed/Athelticism
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 01:29 AM   #6
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Timmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

The Niners have to continue building their team. The way I view it this season was a shocking result of the process, but they cannot lose sight that it's still a process. They need help outside on both sides of the ball. WR/CB is the first priority. Then it would be nice to get some help on the O-Line. Not that they were bad, just they could be better.

Alex should take some steps forward simply because you get used to the system, plus more familiar with your WRs. But I STILL think they need to get a veteran QB to play back-up, although with Kaepernick given a full offseason maybe he'll be more prepared. But Smith is still a bit runny and STILL will lay out of stuff.

I'm hoping Aldon Smith really takes that leap to be an every down player. The ability to do it all will confuse offenses and free people up more. They can no longer focus on Willis, now with Bowman, Smith, and then you even have Brooks it's pick your poison.

I was very impressed with our rookies as a whole, and if they can draft some guys like that again... maybe then can become the Spurs of the NFL. Get guys who fit like puzzle pieces for them. I know they sit at a weird spot in the draft for WR and may actually need to grab a CB depending on FAs BUT: I really like this guy Sanu out of Rutgers. Dynamic player, would be like a Delany Walker jack of all trades type nightmare in Harbaugh's offense. Put him all over the field. I just feel like if I get my hope up for Kendall Wright I'll be let down.
Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 02:23 AM   #7
QUIZZLE
Sugar. Give me. Sugar.

QUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this board

Steelers:

SECONDARY as always. O-Line. And DT
QUIZZLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 02:29 AM   #8
imdaman99
Knicks all da way

imdaman99 has a near all-star reputation hereimdaman99 has a near all-star reputation hereimdaman99 has a near all-star reputation hereimdaman99 has a near all-star reputation hereimdaman99 has a near all-star reputation hereimdaman99 has a near all-star reputation here

giants fan here... so lets make a list

they need to re-sign some guys, preferably osi but he might ask for too much. he is still under contract but he has been begging to re-negotiate for the past 2 yrs. let jacobs walk.

work on those LBs and draft more defensive linemen in case OSI is gone. learn to get terell thomas back in the defensive rotation. he was their best CB yet the giants went all the way without him.

the offensive line needs work. i dont know what their deal is, but they pass block a lot better than run block. the giants run game was horrible during the season. yes it got better in the playoffs, but if they play the same way as this past yr than expect the giants for another 9-7 season and miss the playoffs.

giants would have won 2-3 more games if the offensive line did their job
imdaman99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 03:13 AM   #9
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Scoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation here

I like Brandon Jacobs. Every team needs an unrepentant shit-talker. Plus, our RBs aren't the problem, our O-line is. Have to address that first and foremost. Some legit speed at linebacker would be nice too. Sideline-to-sideline, coverage speed.
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 11:27 AM   #10
bballer
bballer

bballer has decent reputationbballer has decent reputation

Ravens

Need to solidify the O-Line.

Good at WR
Good at RB
Good at FB
Good at TE
Good at D-Line
Good at LB
Good in the Secondary

Should be a force next season.
bballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 03:13 PM   #11
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Timmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballer
Ravens

Good at WR
Good at RB
Good at FB
Good at TE
Good at D-Line
Good at LB
Good in the Secondary

They need consistency on offense. Idk how you do that. But they lost Ricky Williams today, not that it's huge but there's a bit of loss of depth.

Consistency is the key. Because I personally thought Baltimore was the most talented team on both sides of the ball this year in terms of balance.
Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 04:18 PM   #12
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Bengals issues/needs:

--o-line help.
--running back--Cedric Benson has worn out his welcome, and who knows if Bernard Scott can carry the load on a full time basis.
--a no. 2 reciever. Jerome Simpson failed to become that guy. Getting Jordan --Shipley back next year will help.
--secondary is below average, with the exception of Leon Hall
--better utilization of offensive weapons such as Jermaine Gresham and Andrew Hawkins
--head coach. Tired of Marvin Lewis. The players like him and he gets them to play hard, but they never beat any good teams, and he makes a lot of dumb decisions.

Last edited by mlh1981 : 02-07-2012 at 04:21 PM.
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 11:02 PM   #13
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballer
Ravens

Good at WR
Good at RB
Good at FB
Good at TE
Good at D-Line
Good at LB
Good in the Secondary

I really don't like the Ravens receiving weapons. None of the wide outs seem to get any separation and they aren't very good. Smith is fast and a deep threat but he seems to be just that and inconsistent, I don't think Boldin is a #1 and he seems to be slowing and looks like just a big WR. Evans is done..
I guess their TE's are good enough, don't know too much about them.

Also that defense is aging.. Also I think the secondary is weak, Reed isn't the same/aging and it seems like their CB's seem to get beat. The front 7 is great and one of the best in the league.
knickballer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 01:21 AM   #14
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic
Giants:

Threaten to fire Coughlin again, because:

ha, thats a pretty funny meme.

As the lions (and a casual one, really only a bball fan), we need a complete secondary overhaul. Draft, sign, trade, cybergenetic implants, dinosaur growth hormone, I dont care. Get that shit straight.

Now, its partly on the linebacking, but there are some solid talents there. Really, it comes down to the nickle and dime passing situations where we blow.

would love to see us pick up some pieces for the right side of the line and maybe draft a longterm replacement for Backus. I would really like to see us get a lead blocker type FB, but it seems like thats not the way teams go these days, what with TEs as a whole being much more important as targets. Though I think best is solid, I wouldnt mind us adding another prospect behind him and smith (they bring him back, right?)
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 09:33 AM   #15
TheSilentKiller
NBA Superstar

TheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by boozehound
ha, thats a pretty funny meme.

As the lions (and a casual one, really only a bball fan), we need a complete secondary overhaul. Draft, sign, trade, cybergenetic implants, dinosaur growth hormone, I dont care. Get that shit straight.

Now, its partly on the linebacking, but there are some solid talents there. Really, it comes down to the nickle and dime passing situations where we blow.

would love to see us pick up some pieces for the right side of the line and maybe draft a longterm replacement for Backus. I would really like to see us get a lead blocker type FB, but it seems like thats not the way teams go these days, what with TEs as a whole being much more important as targets. Though I think best is solid, I wouldnt mind us adding another prospect behind him and smith (they bring him back, right?)

I don't think we need a secondary overhaul. If we get get one lock down corner, the secondary will be good. They weren't too far away from being bad early in the year, but obviously by the end of the year they were atrocious.

I agree for the most part with the rest of your post.
TheSilentKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: