Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-07-2012, 09:10 AM   #16
Doranku
NBA sixth man of the year
 
Doranku's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 7,629
Doranku has an incredible reputation hereDoranku has an incredible reputation hereDoranku has an incredible reputation hereDoranku has an incredible reputation hereDoranku has an incredible reputation hereDoranku has an incredible reputation hereDoranku has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Kyrie v. Lebron's rookie years after 22 games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave3
You don't think rules affect the numbers of players? Really? It's all some fabricated excuse I'm making right? Do you not remember the multitude of 65-63 games in the early 2000's because of the more lenient defensive rules in that era? Do you also not remember a huge offensive explosion in 2006 when 10 (TEN!) all stars that year averaged career highs in points? You really don't think there are just years in which the rules make it easier for players to score easier? I'm not saying that's the entire reason, but if you don't think it's a factor then I don't know what to tell you.

They're winning more with Kyrie because a) Kyrie is playing excellent as a rookie, so far better than LeBron,

and b) there are veterans and better players on this team than the dysfunctional 2003 team.

I don't really remember the '03-04 Cavs very well, but I can't imagine they were any worse than what Kyrie is playing with. Dude is playing with a front court lineup of Hollins/Harangody at times. Parker has been injured. Jamison is a way past-his-prime chucker at this point. The only other solid players on that roster are Andy and Sessions, and Sessions is wildly inconsistent.
Doranku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 09:14 AM   #17
DRose1899
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,578
DRose1899 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Kyrie v. Lebron's rookie years after 22 games

Quote:
Originally Posted by pegasus
So blaming his teammates wasn't enough, now it's time to blame the entire league for his not impressive ppg as a rookie?

The other thing is that they are winning more games with Kyrie. Lebron couldn't even make the playoffs in the first two years, but Kyrie-led Cavs may make it this year.
wtf you're talking about

20/5/5 is pretty damn impressive.

Btw its a damn shame the cavs blow too much draft pick, if not bron would have much more better chance winning the ring for them. Yes they got boozer but even that one not ended well.

I afraid they will doing the same to Kyrie... its too early to tell but the sign already not looked too good from that #4 pick that they use last year. They should just draft Valanciunas.
DRose1899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 09:16 AM   #18
chips93
NBA sixth man of the year
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Ireland
Posts: 7,974
chips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Kyrie v. Lebron's rookie years after 22 games

. . . still waiting or everybody to move on from lebron . . .

cant cleveland just be its own team, with its own players, without constantly being linked to lebron?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRose1899
I afraid they will doing the same to Kyrie... its too early to tell but the sign already not looked too good from that #4 pick that they use last year. They should just draft Valanciunas.

you cant be serious

he was one and done, and has played 30 games. we knew he would be a project, and he is. he is doing just fine.

way to jump to conclusions
chips93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 09:16 AM   #19
SilkkTheShocker
RAY ALLEN FOR 3..BANG!
 
SilkkTheShocker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 13,753
SilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default Re: Kyrie v. Lebron's rookie years after 22 games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doranku
I don't really remember the '03-04 Cavs very well, but I can't imagine they were any worse than what Kyrie is playing with. Dude is playing with a front court lineup of Hollins/Harangody at times. Parker has been injured. Jamison is a way past-his-prime chucker at this point. The only other solid players on that roster are Andy and Sessions, and Sessions is wildly inconsistent.

Varejao was better than any other Cavalier frountcourt player. Boozer was still young and Paul Silas if I remember right refused to run plays for him. Miles and Davis were knuckleheads that were fixtures on bad teams their whole career. Miles was eventually trade for the great Jeff McInnis, who is historically one of the worst defenders in NBA history. Davis got traded also, I think for Eric Williams? I forgot for sure. Kyrie's team is garbage also, but his teammates can at least play organzied basketball. That 03 Cavs roster was toxic in terms of attitude.
SilkkTheShocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 09:18 AM   #20
Dave3
NBA lottery pick
 
Dave3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 5,749
Dave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Kyrie v. Lebron's rookie years after 22 games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doranku
I don't really remember the '03-04 Cavs very well, but I can't imagine they were any worse than what Kyrie is playing with. Dude is playing with a front court lineup of Hollins/Harangody at times. Parker has been injured. Jamison is a way past-his-prime chucker at this point. The only other solid players on that roster are Andy and Sessions, and Sessions is wildly inconsistent.

This team is bad don't get me wrong, but they're at least not completely dysfunctional. LeBron did have sophomore Boozer and Ilgauskus, but the team wasn't run very well. Miles and Ricky Davis wanted the ball all the time, and LeBron was being played at point guard which despite his playmaking/passing, isn't his real position. Having Jamison and Verajo helps, and Anthony Parker is a solid veteran as well. These were all starters on the teams LeBron won 60+ with. I'm not saying they're great, but they are solid role players. the credit still has to go to Kyrie though because he is leading them well and is gaining more confidence with each game.
Dave3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 09:22 AM   #21
PTB Fan
Local High School Star
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,185
PTB Fan has decent reputationPTB Fan has decent reputation
Default Re: Kyrie v. Lebron's rookie years after 22 games

In a close one, i found James to be better.
PTB Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 09:24 AM   #22
SilkkTheShocker
RAY ALLEN FOR 3..BANG!
 
SilkkTheShocker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 13,753
SilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default Re: Kyrie v. Lebron's rookie years after 22 games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave3
This team is bad don't get me wrong, but they're at least not completely dysfunctional. LeBron did have sophomore Boozer and Ilgauskus, but the team wasn't run very well. Miles and Ricky Davis wanted the ball all the time, and LeBron was being played at point guard which despite his playmaking/passing, isn't his real position. Having Jamison and Verajo helps, and Anthony Parker is a solid veteran as well. These were all starters on the teams LeBron won 60+ with. I'm not saying they're great, but they are solid role players. the credit still has to go to Kyrie though because he is leading them well and is gaining more confidence with each game.

Good post Dave.
SilkkTheShocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 09:27 AM   #23
SilkkTheShocker
RAY ALLEN FOR 3..BANG!
 
SilkkTheShocker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 13,753
SilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default Re: Kyrie v. Lebron's rookie years after 22 games

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRose1899
wtf you're talking about

20/5/5 is pretty damn impressive.

Btw its a damn shame the cavs blow too much draft pick, if not bron would have much more better chance winning the ring for them. Yes they got boozer but even that one not ended well.

I afraid they will doing the same to Kyrie... its too early to tell but the sign already not looked too good from that #4 pick that they use last year. They should just draft Valanciunas.

I don't think they wanted to deal with another Euro league center. Val is going to be average at best in the NBA.
SilkkTheShocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 09:30 AM   #24
DRose1899
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,578
DRose1899 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Kyrie v. Lebron's rookie years after 22 games

Quote:
Originally Posted by chips93

you cant be serious

he was one and done, and has played 30 games. we knew he would be a project, and he is. he is doing just fine.

way to jump to conclusions
Yeah I know Thompson is very raw, but his style looked too much like role player at best.. he not even athletic freak

Not sure what that can you expect from him.
DRose1899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 09:33 AM   #25
pauk
NBA Legend
 
pauk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 16,381
pauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Kyrie v. Lebron's rookie years after 22 games

They were doing to much experimenting with Lebron his rookie year.. confusing the hell out of him with different roles, positions & strategy.... he was playing PG most of his rookie year... they were trying to make a pass-first guy a la Magic Johnson out of him... then they would switch him to SG/SF and make him focus on scoring instead and then back and forth between those roles..... to see where he would suit best in order of his and teams best success.... he didnt pick it up until they placed him at SF and gave him that point-forward role so they could take advantage of all his tools.. The rest was history...

Kyrie Erving... will not be anywhere near as good as Lebron.. lol... not even as a traditional PG... Lebron can be your 26-8-10 guy right now if you placed him at PG...

Last edited by pauk : 02-07-2012 at 09:39 AM.
pauk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 09:34 AM   #26
DRose1899
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,578
DRose1899 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Kyrie v. Lebron's rookie years after 22 games

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilkkTheShocker
I don't think they wanted to deal with another Euro league center. Val is going to be average at best in the NBA.
Having at least 10/9-10 with decent defense is already damn good asset in today NBA.

Look to most "elite" C in the league aside Dwight they just mostly 10+/9+ player, n u would kill for one of them.
DRose1899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 09:40 AM   #27
SilkkTheShocker
RAY ALLEN FOR 3..BANG!
 
SilkkTheShocker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 13,753
SilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default Re: Kyrie v. Lebron's rookie years after 22 games

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauk
They were doing to much experimenting with Lebron his rookie year.. confusing the hell out of him with different roles, positions & strategy.... he was playing PG most of his rookie year... they were trying to make a pass-first guy a la Magic Johnson out of him... then they would switch him to SG/SF and make him focus on scoring instead and then back and forth between those roles..... to see where he would suit best in order of his and teams best success.... he didnt pick it up until they placed him at SF and gave him that point-forward role so they could take advantage of all his tools.. The rest was history...

Kyrie Erving... will not be anywhere near as good as Lebron.. lol... not even as a traditional PG...

I agree that he will never be anywhere as good as Lebron. But u should reallly consider spitting Lebron's nuts out of ur mouth

Last edited by SilkkTheShocker : 02-07-2012 at 09:43 AM.
SilkkTheShocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 09:40 AM   #28
chips93
NBA sixth man of the year
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Ireland
Posts: 7,974
chips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Kyrie v. Lebron's rookie years after 22 games

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRose1899
Yeah I know Thompson is very raw, but his style looked too much like role player at best.. he not even athletic freak

Not sure what that can you expect from him.

he definitely is raw, but im optimistic based on what ive seen.

he has solid touch around the basket, he finishes strong at the rim, i think he is very athletic, and hes got great hustle.

he needs to improve his defensive awareness, as well as his footwork, but i think he can be a very nice player in the future.
chips93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 09:41 AM   #29
pauk
NBA Legend
 
pauk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 16,381
pauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Kyrie v. Lebron's rookie years after 22 games

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilkkTheShocker
I agree that he will never be anywhere as good as Lebron. But u should reallly consider Lebron's nuts from ur mouth

Easier said than done! The dude is waaay to good
pauk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 09:42 AM   #30
All Net
Twitter-@AllNetSports
 
All Net's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 22,439
All Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Kyrie v. Lebron's rookie years after 22 games

Dude is so fearless... Getting better each week so far.
All Net is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:53 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy