Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 02-07-2012, 01:51 PM   #1
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputationCarbine has decent reputation
Default ISH All-Time Quarterback Rankings.

Thought it would be a cool little thing to do to pass the time until the draft comes up.

Basically, just vote and it will be tallied up at the end and then we'll move on to the next spot. We'll do top 15 or until activity dies down.

My GOAT quarterback as of today:

Joe Montana.

ISH Results:

1 - Montana
2 - Tom Brady
3 - Peyton Manning
4 - John Elway
5 - Unitas
6 - Marino
7 - Vote now

Last edited by Carbine : 02-17-2012 at 04:03 PM.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 02:01 PM   #2
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: ISH All-Time Quarterback Rankings.

Joe Montana is still the only acceptable answer for GOAT.
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 02:04 PM   #3
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

1 Joe Montana
2 Peyton Manning
3 Johnny Unitas
4 Tom Brady
5 Dan Marino
6 Steve Young
7 John Elway
8 Brett Favre
9 Otto Graham
10 Drew Brees
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 02:20 PM   #4
bballer
bballer

bballer has decent reputationbballer has decent reputation

1a. Joe Montana
1b. Eli Montana

The rest are irrelevant .
bballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 02:29 PM   #5
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Yeah I don't think it's going to be a big mystery as to who the GOAT is.
Old 02-07-2012, 02:34 PM   #6
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

John Elway gets my vote for #1 QB of all time
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 02:35 PM   #7
Jasi
Quality?

Jasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Are youguys interested in knowing what are they only qb names that an Italian guy who never followed American Football by any means (like 95% of European people or so) has ever heard of?
Jasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 02:38 PM   #8
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
John Elway gets my vote for #1 QB of all time

Why?
Old 02-07-2012, 02:39 PM   #9
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasi
Are youguys interested in knowing what are they only qb names that an Italian guy who never followed American Football by any means (like 95% of European people or so) has ever heard of?

Certainly.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 02:51 PM   #10
StateOfMind12
Banned

StateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStateOfMind12 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Steve Young was better than Joe Montana if we are simply talking about abilities. You could argue Peyton Manning and John Elway over him as well. If we are talking about accomplishments, career, etc. and all that then Joe Montana is the GOAT QB.
StateOfMind12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 02:57 PM   #11
KingBeasley08
World's Finest

KingBeasley08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKingBeasley08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKingBeasley08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKingBeasley08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKingBeasley08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKingBeasley08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKingBeasley08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKingBeasley08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKingBeasley08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKingBeasley08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKingBeasley08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Peyton Manning
KingBeasley08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 03:02 PM   #12
Jasi
Quality?

Jasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic
Certainly.

Well, I don't remember how or when, but I once heard of Joe Montana, and of Dan Marino.
I may even go out on a limb and say Joe Montana played for the San Francisco 49ers and Dan Marino for the Miami somethings, but I may be wrong

Btw I've grown curious and I have some questions about this sport, I think I'll make a thread.
Jasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 03:06 PM   #13
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Quote:
Originally Posted by StateOfMind12
Steve Young was better than Joe Montana if we are simply talking about abilities. You could argue Peyton Manning and John Elway over him as well. If we are talking about accomplishments, career, etc. and all that then Joe Montana is the GOAT QB.

Quite a few quarterbacks had better physical abilities than Montana, but his ability to play extremely well in big games and his dominance over the course of his career from an individual stand point is matched by nobody in the superbowl era.
Old 02-07-2012, 03:09 PM   #14
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Timmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Joe Montana.

However in these discussions guys like Johnny U and Otto Graham often get over looked.

Now if you're asking me to take one QB for my team personally I'd take Steve Young.
Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 03:14 PM   #15
bsyde82
Decent playground baller

bsyde82 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine
Why?

I would like to know the answer to this too. IMO, Elway is probably the most overrated "all-time" QB ever.

Statistically average in almost every category, and was carried to his two SB wins by Terrell Davis. I don't have anything against Elway but I always wondered why people thought he was so great. Not saying he sucked or anything either, but I feel like a lot of people think he's a top 3 QB of all time, or even the best.
bsyde82 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: