Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 02-07-2012, 05:35 PM   #16
Glide2keva
NBA sixth man of the year

Glide2keva has an incredible reputation hereGlide2keva has an incredible reputation hereGlide2keva has an incredible reputation hereGlide2keva has an incredible reputation hereGlide2keva has an incredible reputation hereGlide2keva has an incredible reputation hereGlide2keva has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: In the same mins, Jordan has more PTs/RBs/ASTs/BLKs/STLs but less TOs then Kobe

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFrozenOne
different era's...and pace.

Look at Oscar's Stats and minutes compared to Jordan....or Wilt's

Jordan in the modern era would be a 42%fg putting up 25 - 30PPG in his prime/modern era.

just think that in the 80's there were over 30 players who scored over 24PPG on 50%FG......

it has only been done 5times in the past 12 years.

Wow.
Glide2keva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 05:36 PM   #17
KOBEtherealKing
Laker Fans Unite'14

KOBEtherealKing has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: In the same mins, Jordan has more PTs/RBs/ASTs/BLKs/STLs but less TOs then Kobe

Quote:
Originally Posted by swi7ch
Also, Jordan has never quit on his team in the playoffs and finals unlike Kobe.

Please explain your statement? When, what, where, why....how?
KOBEtherealKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 05:36 PM   #18
swi7ch
Banned

swi7ch has not been impressing people

Quote:

Jordan in the modern era would be a 42%fg putting up 25 - 30PPG in his prime/modern era.

just think that in the 80's there were over 30 players who scored over 24PPG on 50%FG......

It is actually a much easier/softer era today. Just look at all the rule changes that pu$$ifies the league. Did you see how the late 80s/early 90s Pistons play? Or how about the mid-90s Knicks? Tackling a player mid-air is considered a foul or a warning. Today, it equals suspension.

Jordan would do more damage to today's kids not just because of his basketball skills but his athleticism and physical prowess.
swi7ch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 05:36 PM   #19
ThatsGame
Bosh Saves MIA

ThatsGame has decent reputationThatsGame has decent reputation

ThatsGame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 05:38 PM   #20
swi7ch
Banned

swi7ch has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOBEtherealKing
Please explain your statement? When, what, where, why....how?

Off the top of my head, Kobe quit against the PHO series. I believe this is the one where LAL had like a 3-1 lead and then PHO came back to win the series. He quit on them and refused to take any shot in I believe one half of the game.

He also quit during the last game of the series when BOS won the championship. Jordan never quits on his team even when his team is down... especially in the Finals!

There are more but it's hard to type on my phone.
swi7ch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 05:38 PM   #21
32Dayz
Banned

32Dayz is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatsGame

Owned.
32Dayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 05:47 PM   #22
talkingconch
College superstar

talkingconch is considered somewhat cooltalkingconch is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by 32Dayz
Owned.
No not really. 90's Doesn't equal the 2000's.

You still spew nonsense.
talkingconch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 05:58 PM   #23
TheFrozenOne
Kids at the park dunk on me

TheFrozenOne has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by 32Dayz
Owned.

TheFrozenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 06:00 PM   #24
32Dayz
Banned

32Dayz is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by talkingconch
No not really. 90's Doesn't equal the 2000's.

You still spew nonsense.

Yea... in the 90's you could actually touch guards and play real defense.

Kobe's TS% in the playoffs before hand checking was .515%
32Dayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 08:02 PM   #25
SuperPippen
What can I do for you?

SuperPippen is popular on this boardSuperPippen is popular on this boardSuperPippen is popular on this boardSuperPippen is popular on this boardSuperPippen is popular on this board

Quote:

I can't tell who's worse, you, or 32dayz.
SuperPippen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 08:05 PM   #26
LA_Showtime
Call me the Mamba

LA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by guy
Irrelevant in this case cause he would have more assists to go along with more turnovers.

No, it's not. Like I said, Kobe's not a natural play maker and he never will be. He would, however, have less turnovers if he wasn't handling the ball as much as he does, and I'd argue he'd be slightly more efficient too.
LA_Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 10:43 AM   #27
guy
NBA All-star

guy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA_Showtime
No, it's not. Like I said, Kobe's not a natural play maker and he never will be. He would, however, have less turnovers if he wasn't handling the ball as much as he does, and I'd argue he'd be slightly more efficient too.

Right. But when it comes to his stats in comparison to Jordan, with a greater playmaker role not only would he have more turnovers, but he also should have more assists. Thats not the case though. Thats why it really doesn't have much to do with Scottie Pippen, and more to do with the fact that he's just not as great of a passer/playmaker as Jordan.
guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 11:20 AM   #28
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

andgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

But at 40 years old way past his prime, he averaged 20pts on .445 fg% and only 4.0 ft attempts.

His TO wasn't the high TO avg that some (Kobe fans) fantasize about either.

A prime MJ would obliterate today's era.
andgar923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 11:30 AM   #29
Yao Ming's Foot
You're welcome

Yao Ming's Foot is considered somewhat coolYao Ming's Foot is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by swi7ch
Off the top of my head, Kobe quit against the PHO series. I believe this is the one where LAL had like a 3-1 lead and then PHO came back to win the series. He quit on them and refused to take any shot in I believe one half of the game.

He also quit during the last game of the series when BOS won the championship. Jordan never quits on his team even when his team is down... especially in the Finals!

There are more but it's hard to type on my phone.

unless the Birmingham Barons need a first string benchwarmer

Jordan mythologists are the most delusion fan base around. No player has quit like Jordan has.
Yao Ming's Foot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 11:34 AM   #30
guy
NBA All-star

guy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yao Ming's Foot
unless the Birmingham Barons need a first string benchwarmer

Jordan mythologists are the most delusion fan base around. No player has quit like Jordan has.

What? There's a difference between quiting in the offseason and quitting in a game.
guy is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: