Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 02-08-2012, 11:37 AM   #61
bwink23
Banned

bwink23 is considered somewhat coolbwink23 is considered somewhat coolbwink23 is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: In the same mins, Jordan has more PTs/RBs/ASTs/BLKs/STLs but less TOs then Kobe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yao Ming's Foot
Team 1 takes has a slow place and scores 50 points in 50 possessions

Team 2 has a fast pace and scores 100 points in 100 possessions

The opposing team defensive rating for the game 100.0 for both games

There are thousands of different scenarios you can make up
bwink23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 11:39 AM   #62
kuniva_dAMiGhTy
The First School

kuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: In the same mins, Jordan has more PTs/RBs/ASTs/BLKs/STLs but less TOs then Kobe

Quote:
yeah and? what percentage did they make?

Yeah and? What do you mean yeah and? 3PT are worth an extra point.
kuniva_dAMiGhTy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 11:44 AM   #63
Miserio
I dunk on kids

Miserio has decent reputation

If MJ was on the league today, they would have to put the handcheck back because he would score so much it would be boring.
Miserio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 11:45 AM   #64
bwink23
Banned

bwink23 is considered somewhat coolbwink23 is considered somewhat coolbwink23 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy

Did you know the 2000 Hornets were a better defensive team than the 1996 Chicago Bulls???
bwink23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 11:45 AM   #65
Yao Ming's Foot
You're welcome

Yao Ming's Foot has decent reputationYao Ming's Foot has decent reputation

Quote:

so if anything they would increase a teams defensive rating since there are more of them

3 times .349 = 1.05 points per possession the avg def rating was 103.6

More 3 pters increased their defensive rating it did not decrease it

Come up with a new theory please..
Yao Ming's Foot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 11:49 AM   #66
kuniva_dAMiGhTy
The First School

kuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
so if anything they would increase a teams defensive rating since there are more of them

3 times .349 = 1.05 points per possession the avg def rating was 103.6

More 3 pters increased their defensive rating it did not decrease it

Come up with a new theory please..

I don't think even you know what you're talking about now.

Pace in 2003: 91.0; Pace in 1991: 107.9 -- any questions?
Old 02-08-2012, 11:50 AM   #67
Yao Ming's Foot
You're welcome

I like how you guys who dislike defensive ratings are completely ignorant of that fact that it is composed completely of offensive statistics.

If its "wrong" for being too high.... the offensive numbers from that era are "wrong". Don't you get that you dopes?

Old 02-08-2012, 11:51 AM   #68
Yao Ming's Foot
You're welcome

Quote:

I don't think even you know what you're talking about now.

Pace in 2003: 91.0; Pace in 1991: 107.9 -- any questions?

Yeah my question is what does that have to do with anything?
Old 02-08-2012, 11:55 AM   #69
kuniva_dAMiGhTy
The First School

Quote:
Yeah my question is what does that have to do with anything?

600 more 3PA = more PPP = more reliant on your half court offense = less pace (points/offense in transition) = better defensive rating

Maybe if you used your brain we wouldn't have to spoon feed you?
Old 02-08-2012, 12:01 PM   #70
Nevaeh
National High School Star

Nevaeh is a pretty well-respected posterNevaeh is a pretty well-respected posterNevaeh is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
600 more 3PA = more PPP = more reliant on your half court offense = less pace (points/offense in transition) = better defensive rating

YMF was soooooo sure he had found the Magic Bullet to take down MJ, and basically ran into another brick wall, because he wanted "Defense Rating" to be the "Be All, End All", and it's not. Poor kid.........

Give him props though, he's dedicated
Nevaeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 12:04 PM   #71
Yao Ming's Foot
You're welcome

Quote:

breaks down where the bolded ends

Its a really simple formula

Points scored divided by # of possessions defended times 100.

The Suns didnt just slow down there offense because they shoot more 3s than they did in the 90s. You are just making a blindless leap grasping at straws trying to make sense of it all.
Old 02-08-2012, 12:05 PM   #72
kuniva_dAMiGhTy
The First School

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevaeh
YMF was soooooo sure he had found the Magic Bullet to take down MJ, and basically ran into another brick wall, because he wanted "Defense Rating" to be the "Be All, End All", and it's not. Poor kid.........

Give him props though, he's dedicated

The Kobe cult will do just about anything to defend their man. I call it hero worship.
Old 02-08-2012, 12:06 PM   #73
Mr. I'm So Rad
So What If It Is

Mr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Do the mods have the day off?
Mr. I'm So Rad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 12:07 PM   #74
kuniva_dAMiGhTy
The First School

Quote:
breaks down where the bolded ends

Its a really simple formula

Points scored divided by # of possessions defended times 100.

The Suns didnt just slow down there offense because they shoot more 3s than they did in the 90s. You are just making a blindless leap grasping at straws trying to make sense of it all.

No, the Suns just decided to never play defense. Look where that got them. What's D'Antoni doing these days?

Who's next?
Old 02-08-2012, 12:09 PM   #75
Nevaeh
National High School Star

Nevaeh is a pretty well-respected posterNevaeh is a pretty well-respected posterNevaeh is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
The Kobe cult will do just about anything to defend their man. I call it hero worship.

Yeah, stay tuned for Yao Ming's Foot to blame teams holding the ball longer during the shot clock as the reason Kobe couldn't catch up to MJ in points sooner. Or rebounds. or assists. Or blocks and steals. Or MVPs. Or Finals MVPs. Or................
Nevaeh is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: