Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 02-07-2012, 10:39 PM   #31
Heavincent
5-time NBA All-Star

Heavincent is a pretty well-respected posterHeavincent is a pretty well-respected posterHeavincent is a pretty well-respected posterHeavincent is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Kobe hinting at retirement again.. / not gonna be a role player

You guys know it's just for gravy at this point, right? Kobe's got nothing left to prove, although you wouldn't know that by watching him. He's already accomplished everything you could ask for from a top 10 player all-time.
Heavincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 11:17 PM   #32
ralph_i_el
The Wizard

ralph_i_el is popular on this boardralph_i_el is popular on this boardralph_i_el is popular on this boardralph_i_el is popular on this boardralph_i_el is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by longtime lurker
Kobe will play at this level until he's 40. I see a Karl Malone type career for him.

oh god my sides

maybe if German doctors invent adamantium knees
ralph_i_el is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 11:34 PM   #33
Ronin
Kid Clutch x 35

Ronin has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAWN
"Am I going to stick around and score 19, 18 points a game?.. Hell No!" - Kobe on an ESPN interview with Stephen A Smith

Today he is 3691 points behind Jordan for #3 on the all time scoring list. After this season he'll still be around 2500 short. So 2 more seasons after this..

is that a knock on Jordan or just a general statement from Kobe
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 11:35 PM   #34
Rowe
Scoring Champ

Rowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin
is that a knock on Jordan or just a general statement from Kobe
You never know.

Jordan is his motivation, and will continue to be as he gets older.
Rowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 11:37 PM   #35
Soundwave
College superstar

Soundwave is a pretty well-respected posterSoundwave is a pretty well-respected posterSoundwave is a pretty well-respected posterSoundwave is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtySanchez
LOL...I bet you when Kobe retires he comes back. Just wait and see.

He'll come back wearing no. 48 and then switch back.
Soundwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 12:36 AM   #36
LakersReign
Banned

LakersReign has a very bad reputationLakersReign has a very bad reputationLakersReign has a very bad reputationLakersReign has a very bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh the horror
The funniest part is...if he reversed the comment and stated something to the effect of how he'll play until he's an old man, and putting up ____ amount of points, people here would probably say he was selfish.

The sheer dedication that some people have on this board toward hating particular players is downright scary. Some of you straight up have mental illnesses.

It's not that, it's nothing more than simple, flat out stupidity. They hate a person, they don't know and have never met with such passion it's pathetic. They can't provide a single coherent defense as to why they hate that player. Ask them why, and all they can do is regurgitate media drivel on command like mindless sheep. This is primarily cuz they're a bunch of immature 12 to 17 years olds who only started watching the NBA cuz of Lebron. They're used to watching Nickelodeon or the Disney Channel, which means they're literally clueless about the way the real world works. That's why their "arguments" are based only on stats and their own personal opinion, which they then try to present as facts, cuz they don't know any better. They don't know what a discussion is, and when proven wrong, resort to immature insults and name calling, and making things up just to have something to say, revealing their true age. What's sad about all that is they're the kind of people who get caught up in cults and such cuz they're too stupid to form their own opinions and have to be given one.
LakersReign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 12:46 AM   #37
CLTHornets4eva
Original ISH CLTHornet

CLTHornets4eva is a pretty well-respected posterCLTHornets4eva is a pretty well-respected posterCLTHornets4eva is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by chazzy
Kobe's gonna retire sooner than people expect

He has some gas left in the tank. At some point the long career will catch up to him, but it probably will be an injury like Chauncey's to get him to retire. I think he goes for Kareem's record first,
CLTHornets4eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 12:49 AM   #38
Bob Cousy
Banned

Bob Cousy is considered somewhat coolBob Cousy is considered somewhat cool

If he mans up and decides to remain in the league as a 2nd or 3rd option in his twilight years he can probably finish his career 3rd all time in scoring.
Bob Cousy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 01:45 AM   #39
rfoster24
Decent playground baller

rfoster24 has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwave
He'll come back wearing no. 48 and then switch back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jotaro Durant
hes gonna retire and come back as 22

You guys suck at making up jokes.
rfoster24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 02:47 AM   #40
hon hon hon eat snails

9512 has decent reputation9512 has decent reputation

this is proof kobrick is a stat padder. he wants to win but only if he scores 50 (on 15-39) and is named MVP.
9512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 02:59 AM   #41
YAWN
NBA All-star

YAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Cousy
If he mans up and decides to remain in the league as a 2nd or 3rd option in his twilight years he can probably finish his career 3rd all time in scoring.

what..? if he averages 25 ppg and plays 80 games next season he'll pretty much already be at #3.
YAWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 03:32 AM   #42
monkeypox
National High School Star

monkeypox is popular on this boardmonkeypox is popular on this boardmonkeypox is popular on this boardmonkeypox is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke117
Bullshit. If you were a real athlete and baller you'd want to play as long as possible. Just because he can't jack up 23 shots a game and be the hero anymore he's ready to quit. That's called being a coward. You don't have to be the best player on the team to make an impact. Look at Ray Allen, he's 36 and was a star for most of his career, but you don't hear him ready to retire do you? Kobe is just acting and talking like a bitch.

Wow... So Michael Jordan is a bitch and not a real athlete or baller? Harsh.
monkeypox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 03:49 AM   #43
hon hon hon eat snails

9512 has decent reputation9512 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeypox
Wow... So Michael Jordan is a bitch and not a real athlete or baller? Harsh.

MJ did mention that he wanted to walk away knowing he could still play. but it doesn't indicate what standard he uses as a definition he could still play. MJ didnt say he wouldnt be a role player either.
9512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 04:08 AM   #44
monkeypox
National High School Star

monkeypox is popular on this boardmonkeypox is popular on this boardmonkeypox is popular on this boardmonkeypox is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9512
MJ did mention that he wanted to walk away knowing he could still play. but it doesn't indicate what standard he uses as a definition he could still play. MJ didnt say he wouldnt be a role player either.

Umm... the guy says that a real athlete and a baller would play as long as possible. No amount of hair splitting is going to make his point not call MJ a bitch for quitting early twice. So basically MJ was a coward the first two times he quit... and maybe even his third retirement since I think he was still better than Ray Allen is today when he finally quit. See this is what happens to haters when they come up with an opinion first and try to make up facts to support is after the fact.

Lets look at you for example. Kobe's a stat padder for wanting to quit early? Do you know what stat padding is? Oh you mean averages? You do know why MJ's averages are so high right compared to guys like Kareem right? Just think about it for a minute there. It's ok to hate Kobe, just try not to be so simple about it. Hey, he's still a rapist right!? You've always got that to fall back on! If that fails you can always enjoy watching your Seattle Super... oh wait... sorry there bud. Almost forgot. lol
monkeypox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 04:12 AM   #45
LakersReign
Banned

LakersReign has a very bad reputationLakersReign has a very bad reputationLakersReign has a very bad reputationLakersReign has a very bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeypox
Umm... the guy says that a real athlete and a baller would play as long as possible. No amount of hair splitting is going to make his point not call MJ a bitch for quitting early twice. So basically MJ was a coward the first two times he quit... and maybe even his third retirement since I think he was still better than Ray Allen is today when he finally quit. See this is what happens to haters when they come up with an opinion first and try to make up facts to support is after the fact.

Lets look at you for example. Kobe's a stat padder for wanting to quit early? Do you know what stat padding is? Oh you mean averages? You do know why MJ's averages are so high right compared to guys like Kareem right? Just think about it for a minute there. It's ok to hate Kobe, just try not to be so simple about it. Hey, he's still a rapist right!? You've always got that to fall back on! If that fails you can always enjoy watching your Seattle Super... oh wait... sorry there bud. Almost forgot. lol

You beat me to it. I was just gonna say exactly the same thing. Then to try to look and sound objective, they turn right around and claim to be NBA fans. Hilarious
LakersReign is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: