Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 02-07-2012, 08:21 PM   #1
Real Men Wear Green
Your ad here

Real Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Ricky Williams retires

This time it's for real.

The weird retirement thing from 2004 kept him from having the HoF career he could have but at his peak he was still a great back, MVP-caliber if Miami had had a real passing attack to compliment him. Hope Master P, retirement #1 and children born out of wedlock don't combine to make him broke.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 08:59 PM   #2
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Ricky Williams retires

Without having intimate knowledge of the situation, I figured he was one of those guys who would have to try and keep pushing it for a number of years, due to monetary concerns.

Certainly a unique career. He could have continued in his current role for about another year or so, but 35 year old running backs are a rare species. Didn't really care for him during his weird "odessy" in the middle part of the decade, but he turned things around.
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 11:14 PM   #3
leopoldstotch
Book 'em Dan'l

leopoldstotch is popular on this boardleopoldstotch is popular on this boardleopoldstotch is popular on this boardleopoldstotch is popular on this board

i agree. Ricky really did turn things around after his early escapades. Hopefully he will find peace with himself during his retirement.
leopoldstotch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 11:44 PM   #4
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

If he had the desire, I think he could have been one of the best ever.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 11:46 PM   #5
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Timmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Never struck me as the kind of guy to whom football was a top priority. Which I can respect. But man did he have some talent, he'll always be a what if guy.
Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 12:26 PM   #6
BurningHammer
Burning Spirit!

BurningHammer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBurningHammer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBurningHammer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBurningHammer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBurningHammer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBurningHammer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBurningHammer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBurningHammer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBurningHammer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBurningHammer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBurningHammer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

He now can concentrate on being a yoga instructor in Canada
BurningHammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 03:03 PM   #7
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I never understand the admiration people have that he likes other things much more than football. Being well rounded is great, and once you retire, the fact you can be some sort of renassance man is very admirable. But not caring enough to be the best that you can be at your craft is admirable how? Because he didn't care enough to be as good as he could.

And i don't mean he should keep playing even if he does not want to. I mean while he played, he clearly didn't care as much as most others did. He got by on physical gifts.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 03:25 PM   #8
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Timmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
I never understand the admiration people have that he likes other things much more than football. Being well rounded is great, and once you retire, the fact you can be some sort of renassance man is very admirable. But not caring enough to be the best that you can be at your craft is admirable how? Because he didn't care enough to be as good as he could.

And i don't mean he should keep playing even if he does not want to. I mean while he played, he clearly didn't care as much as most others did. He got by on physical gifts.

He basically just did it as a career imo. I can respect the fact that football isn't life for him. But it really started to eat away at him, and he had some issues anyway, I'm surprised he didn't just full out walk earlier. I'm sure he loves the game, but not like MJ loves basketball, or Tiger loves golf.

It's not about admiration, it's about respecting a guy who had the world in his hands basically, and said: "You know what I'm gonna go a different way with this." Like Glen Coffee. ( )
Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 03:28 PM   #9
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

His mental health and desire would have been perfect coming out of school had he been a Sooner...
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 03:35 PM   #10
The Macho Man
Randy Savage

The Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

http://youtu.be/mn7GuAuJAN4
The Macho Man is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 03:54 PM   #11
JMT
NBA lottery pick

JMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko

I see what you're saying, but I think part of it stems from his willingness to simply go do something else. It's not as if he talked the talk but didn't walk the walk.

As for how much desire he had and how much was physical gifts, I don't think anybody is in a position to judge that. He came back to the game through the CFL, didn't he? Can't imagine that was life changing money. And the NFL doesn't hand anything to anybody, especially flaky, over 30 RB. Guy had to show something the last few years in order to even get a chance.

In any case, one of the more interesting athletes of the last couple decades.
JMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 05:40 PM   #12
ROCSteady
Wall*Kobe*Durant*Pau*

ROCSteady is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableROCSteady is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableROCSteady is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableROCSteady is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableROCSteady is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableROCSteady is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableROCSteady is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableROCSteady is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableROCSteady is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableROCSteady is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableROCSteady is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmy D for MVP
Never struck me as the kind of guy to whom football was a top priority. Which I can respect. But man did he have some talent, he'll always be a what if guy.

This about sums it up for me too. Ricky is an enigmatic figure but an entertaining one and also one of the top college running backs of our time
ROCSteady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 05:53 AM   #13
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I used to like his quirky eccentricities a bit. Then they had that Run Ricky Run 30 For 30 on ESPN. The guy's a piece of shit that abandons his children.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: