Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 02-12-2012, 01:35 PM   #46
returnofthemack
Serious playground baller

returnofthemack has decent reputation
Default Re: Nikola Pekovic is a stud

it never fails to make me laugh when i here people call ball players "studs" or "beasts". i know its very common but its just a little. how shall i say.... gay
returnofthemack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 02:08 PM   #47
Burgz
Banned

Burgz is popular on this boardBurgz is popular on this boardBurgz is popular on this boardBurgz is popular on this board

NBA body, great hands, high motor

he'll have a solid NBA career
Burgz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 12:53 PM   #48
La Frescobaldi
I brick nerf balls

La Frescobaldi has a terrific reputationLa Frescobaldi has a terrific reputationLa Frescobaldi has a terrific reputationLa Frescobaldi has a terrific reputationLa Frescobaldi has a terrific reputationLa Frescobaldi has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgz
NBA body, great hands, high motor

he'll have a solid NBA career

We'll find out some more about Pekovic tonight......... Orlando has a pretty fair center really.

How well does he show up now - mid-season when everyone has seen some tape and sees what he can and can't do?

The game is set for 7:00 p.m. ET and can be seen on NBA TV.
La Frescobaldi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 02:37 PM   #49
Burgz
Banned

Burgz is popular on this boardBurgz is popular on this boardBurgz is popular on this boardBurgz is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by La Frescobaldi
We'll find out some more about Pekovic tonight......... Orlando has a pretty fair center really.

How well does he show up now - mid-season when everyone has seen some tape and sees what he can and can't do?

The game is set for 7:00 p.m. ET and can be seen on NBA TV.

it should be a good matchup, if he's as smart of a baller as i think he is he'll try to get howard into foul trouble early
Old 02-13-2012, 02:44 PM   #50
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Peković can be a very solid NBA center.

I watched him play in Euroleague and he was impressive so I'm not surprised at all by his recent performance.

He's surely better than Darko Miličić.
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 02:53 PM   #51
Burgz
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch
Peković can be a very solid NBA center.

I watched him play in Euroleague and he was impressive so I'm not surprised at all by his recent performance.

He's surely better than Darko Miličić.

careful, i heard if we say that word "he who must not be named" will come back
Old 02-13-2012, 03:11 PM   #52
ProfessorMurder
I am your soldier!

ProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by returnofthemack
it never fails to make me laugh when i here people call ball players "studs" or "beasts". i know its very common but its just a little. how shall i say.... gay

How is 'beast' gay? I can understand 'stud', but 'beast' is gay?
ProfessorMurder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 03:16 PM   #53
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

MK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this board

Quote:
it should be a good matchup, if he's as smart of a baller as i think he is he'll try to get howard into foul trouble early

If the Wolves, mostly Ridnour, throw the ball down low to him.

Can't tell you how many times Pek has had excellent low post position, but because the Wolves didn't give him the ball, he got called for a 3-seconds.

And what really sucks is that the refs are calling Pek for 3 second calls very fast. Most players can camp out in the lane for 5 or 6 seconds with no call, but Pek is barely in there for 3 seconds and a whistle is blown.
MK2V1GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 03:27 PM   #54
leopoldstotch
Book 'em Dan'l

leopoldstotch is popular on this boardleopoldstotch is popular on this boardleopoldstotch is popular on this boardleopoldstotch is popular on this board

all i can say is the guy is a double double machine. he's putting up so much solid games lately i'm considering trading dwight howard for some solid shooters to beef up my 3 point stats (i'm dead last. )
leopoldstotch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 03:29 PM   #55
Burgz
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK2V1GP
If the Wolves, mostly Ridnour, throw the ball down low to him.

Can't tell you how many times Pek has had excellent low post position, but because the Wolves didn't give him the ball, he got called for a 3-seconds.

And what really sucks is that the refs are calling Pek for 3 second calls very fast. Most players can camp out in the lane for 5 or 6 seconds with no call, but Pek is barely in there for 3 seconds and a whistle is blown.

yea but there is more than one way but against howard the other way is not so easy

he has to battle for offensive rebounds and try and wear him down and make him commit bad fouls

physically he should be up to the task, however, so should howard
Old 02-13-2012, 03:42 PM   #56
Alan
Good High School Starter

Alan is considered somewhat coolAlan is considered somewhat coolAlan is considered somewhat cool

One thing he needs to improve is keeping the ball away from smaller defenders. There have been plenty of occasions where he makes a move but keeps the ball down low and gets stripped. This usually happens without a foul call as well. I think 3 second calls and strips are the only ways he turns the ball over. Perhaps a couple of travel calls earlier in the season too.
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 10:15 PM   #57
blacknapalm
spider 3 y banana

blacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation here

16/13/1/1 vs dwight. guy is a monster on the offensive glass. plus, he played well defensively
blacknapalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 10:22 PM   #58
leopoldstotch
Book 'em Dan'l

leopoldstotch is popular on this boardleopoldstotch is popular on this boardleopoldstotch is popular on this boardleopoldstotch is popular on this board

leopoldstotch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 11:37 PM   #59
Burgz
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknapalm
16/13/1/1 vs dwight. guy is a monster on the offensive glass. plus, he played well defensively

most times dwight was on him though dwight gobbled him up

he did beat him a couple of times on the offensive boards which is promising, if he can do it against dwight he can do it against anyone

how meaningful those minutes were? now that's where the real question is i guess, this game got out of hand quickly lol
Old 02-13-2012, 11:51 PM   #60
StroShow4
Certified ISHiot.

StroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
most times dwight was on him though dwight gobbled him up

There was one play where he sealed Dwight and spun right off of him for a dunk. Most of his other shots (both made and missed), aside from his two baskets in the final minute, came from his work on the offensive glass. He didn't get that many looks in the post maybe partly because of Dwight but also because they kept turning the ball over trying to throw it to him (not his fault all but maybe one time). I didn't think it was clear that Dwight effected him offensively... he just wasn't fed in the post tonight so it was hard to tell.

Overall I thought he out-played Dwight for sure. Howard couldn't get position on him at all. Howard never beat him down the floor one time, and only got loose for one alley-oop dunk (I guess he got loose for two, but f@cked one up). Pekovic didn't allow him to get any offensive boards either. I think the only one he got when Pekovic was in the game was the one where Pek had to pick up someone else.
StroShow4 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: