Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 02-08-2012, 01:20 AM   #301
O_City_Thunder
THUNDER UP!

O_City_Thunder has decent reputationO_City_Thunder has decent reputation
Default Re: 2/7/12 - Oklahoma City Thunder vs. Golden State Warriors KARDINAL OFFISHAL thread

Good Game Warriors Fans!

Monta Ellis and David Lee had incredible games. This team is dangerous and they have great fans.
O_City_Thunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 01:20 AM   #302
kenny817
Good High School Starter

kenny817 is popular on this boardkenny817 is popular on this boardkenny817 is popular on this boardkenny817 is popular on this board
Default Re: 2/7/12 - Oklahoma City Thunder vs. Golden State Warriors KARDINAL OFFISHAL thread

NBA dick rides OKC sooo much...its sickening

No one is going to be able to beat them if this shit keeps up. Ridiculous
kenny817 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 01:21 AM   #303
Jef
I hit open 5-footers

Jef has decent reputationJef has decent reputation

One of the more exciting OKC games of the year.

Out of everything, though, I took this away from the game:

As a Thunder fan, I HATE a lot of their baseline out of bounds plays - especially late in the shot clock. Brooks going to the play late where Westbrook cut to the rim and Durant was able to flash to the elbow was great. I have criticized Brooks in the past for "staying out of the way" to a fault, but he has come around. I also liked that Durant took (and hit) that bank shot from the elbow. I understand why he would have gone for the last shot, but is KD really going to get a better look than a 17 footer with no hand in his face?

Great game by both teams. I was glad to see OKC get a road win against a hot shooting team, but holy shit they better tighten up some of the D. BTW, I thought Nazr kind of helped settle the team down early. Dont know why I got that feeling, but he hit an 8 footer or two and it kind of got the team in a better rhythm.

Huge respect to the Warriors, though. Monta can score as well as anyone, Curry is skilled as hell, and David Lee is a (slightly) poor man's Kevin Love with worse range. Lee is a 20-15-10 threat every night.
Jef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 01:22 AM   #304
BlackVVaves
NBA lottery pick

BlackVVaves is a pretty well-respected posterBlackVVaves is a pretty well-respected posterBlackVVaves is a pretty well-respected posterBlackVVaves is a pretty well-respected poster

The Warriors really suck when it comes down to closing out games. I'm not sure if it's a lack of attention to detail before games, or lack of execution due to pressure during games, but for some reason they tend to lose these close games rather than win them. And the thing is, half the time it's due to their inability to win, rather than the other team's ability to win.
BlackVVaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 01:23 AM   #305
Tenchi Ryu
Banned

Tenchi Ryu has a terrific reputationTenchi Ryu has a terrific reputationTenchi Ryu has a terrific reputationTenchi Ryu has a terrific reputationTenchi Ryu has a terrific reputationTenchi Ryu has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenny817
NBA dick rides OKC sooo much...its sickening

No one is going to be able to beat them if this shit keeps up. Ridiculous
Tenchi Ryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 01:24 AM   #306
Cali Syndicate
Decent college freshman

Cali Syndicate has a terrific reputationCali Syndicate has a terrific reputationCali Syndicate has a terrific reputationCali Syndicate has a terrific reputationCali Syndicate has a terrific reputationCali Syndicate has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG215
I was thinking the same thing, but depending on how the free-throw missed off the rim, they could've got the rebound and called a timeout with still about 0.5-0.7 left.

No idea how we won last night and tonight, but great wins in a back-to-back at Portland and then Golden State. A young OKC team finding a way to win two tight games in a back-to-back in two very tough places to play!

IDK, can't call it like this but I will say Durant got to the line like on 3 different occasions on some pretty weak calls in the final minutes.
Cali Syndicate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 01:25 AM   #307
DRose1899
Banned

DRose1899 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Ryu
Silly u

From all team, team from friggin' Oklahoma that bribe the refs?
DRose1899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 01:27 AM   #308
imdaman99
Knicks all da way

imdaman99 has a terrific reputationimdaman99 has a terrific reputationimdaman99 has a terrific reputationimdaman99 has a terrific reputationimdaman99 has a terrific reputationimdaman99 has a terrific reputation

small market team in okc, i guess david stern is trying to get them low ratings by telling the refs to cheat for the thunder
imdaman99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 01:29 AM   #309
Jef
I hit open 5-footers

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackVVaves
The Warriors really suck when it comes down to closing out games. I'm not sure if it's a lack of attention to detail before games, or lack of execution due to pressure during games, but for some reason they tend to lose these close games rather than win them. And the thing is, half the time it's due to their inability to win, rather than the other team's ability to win.

There is something about the Warriors that just looks a little "off."

They have some serious, serious pieces with Monta/Curry(depending on how you think they fit together)/Lee, and then some good role players. Rush is obviously a monster long range threat and Udoh looks like a guy who can grow to give them full 8/8 seasons (or better).

But you also kind of knew that they were going to revert to 1 on 1 ball in the final few minutes. They looked so fluid for so much of the game, but when it was on the line they looked like a team with a first year head coach.
Old 02-08-2012, 01:29 AM   #310
Cali Syndicate
Decent college freshman

Cali Syndicate has a terrific reputationCali Syndicate has a terrific reputationCali Syndicate has a terrific reputationCali Syndicate has a terrific reputationCali Syndicate has a terrific reputationCali Syndicate has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jef
One of the more exciting OKC games of the year.

Out of everything, though, I took this away from the game:

As a Thunder fan, I HATE a lot of their baseline out of bounds plays - especially late in the shot clock. Brooks going to the play late where Westbrook cut to the rim and Durant was able to flash to the elbow was great. I have criticized Brooks in the past for "staying out of the way" to a fault, but he has come around. I also liked that Durant took (and hit) that bank shot from the elbow. I understand why he would have gone for the last shot, but is KD really going to get a better look than a 17 footer with no hand in his face?

Great game by both teams. I was glad to see OKC get a road win against a hot shooting team, but holy shit they better tighten up some of the D. BTW, I thought Nazr kind of helped settle the team down early. Dont know why I got that feeling, but he hit an 8 footer or two and it kind of got the team in a better rhythm.

Huge respect to the Warriors, though. Monta can score as well as anyone, Curry is skilled as hell, and David Lee is a (slightly) poor man's Kevin Love with worse range. Lee is a 20-15-10 threat every night.

Yeah that play was pretty good. Screens ended up getting Wright off Durant with him chasing down Westbrook on the cut to the basket, which he was WIDE open BTW, and left Durant leaking to the elbow wide open with Lee trying to close out. Definitely a good play.

As for Lee a 20/15/10 threat? GTFOH with that nonsesne. He'd be one of the best players in the L with that kind of firepower. A very capable 20/10 guy for sure though.
Cali Syndicate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 01:31 AM   #311
Jef
I hit open 5-footers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Syndicate
Yeah that play was pretty good. Screens ended up getting Wright off Durant with him chasing down Westbrook on the cut to the basket, which he was WIDE open BTW, and left Durant leaking to the elbow wide open with Lee trying to close out. Definitely a good play.

As for Lee a 20/15/10 threat? GTFOH with that nonsesne. He'd be one of the best players in the L with that kind of firepower. A very capable 20/10 guy for sure though.

im not saying he is a guy who can literally get 20/15/10 a game (no one in history has had that ability, obviously). I'm saying that he has proven he can go off for MONSTER, MONSTER all-around stat lines.
Old 02-08-2012, 01:32 AM   #312
AMISTILLILL
Banned

AMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation hereAMISTILLILL has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRose1899
Silly u

From all team, team from friggin' Oklahoma that bribe the refs?

I think he's insinuating that the league pays the referees to somehow lean in favor of OKC, which is still absolutely absurd.

We're talking about a franchise still reeling from the pain and collusion accusations stemming from a sketchy relocation, something the league still catches heat for giving the go-ahead to. It's not even in the NBA's best interest to push this relatively small market team into the spotlight. They would stand to benefit more from a much more marketable product like the Heat or Knicks, in a larger market, if they were going to somehow influence the outcome of games.

Some people just can't accept when a team plays well, or manages to have calls fall their way on occasion. The same thing has been happening to the Lakers for years, as well as any team that looks to be railroading and running roughshod on their competition.
AMISTILLILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 01:34 AM   #313
Clocian-IGN
Rip+Rose=Ripping Rose

Clocian-IGN is a pretty well-respected posterClocian-IGN is a pretty well-respected posterClocian-IGN is a pretty well-respected poster

mark called out the refs
Clocian-IGN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 01:34 AM   #314
Tenchi Ryu
Banned

Tenchi Ryu has a terrific reputationTenchi Ryu has a terrific reputationTenchi Ryu has a terrific reputationTenchi Ryu has a terrific reputationTenchi Ryu has a terrific reputationTenchi Ryu has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocian-IGN
mark called out the refs
Mark putting it out there...

SHOTS FIRED

Playoff meeting....guaranteed fight and/or suspension....BOOK IT
Tenchi Ryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 01:34 AM   #315
RaininTwos
Betrayed

RaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininTwos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocian-IGN
mark called out the refs
this
RaininTwos is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: