Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 02-08-2012, 03:14 PM   #16
Bob Cousy
Banned

Bob Cousy is considered somewhat coolBob Cousy is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: As seasons go by, 81 points will not be touched in modern day basketball.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pegasus
At that point, he was going for history. It's ridiculously stupid to call that stat padding. They were down by 14 at the end of first half. He made heroic plays to bring his team back.

Had PJax pulled him out in the middle of the 4th quarter, the crowd would have started a riot. You don't ruin a historic game like that.
This is the answer I was expecting from the get go.

I can understand this.

the other guy was justifying it as if he needed to be in the game.
Bob Cousy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 03:16 PM   #17
Droid101
3-time NBA All-Star

Droid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: As seasons go by, 81 points will not be touched in modern day basketball.

I don't understand how it's stat padding to bring the ball up on the offensive end, and give your team the best chance to get points while you're there.

On that particular team, Kobe shooting in a 3-on-1 situation was his team's best chance to score.
Droid101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 03:17 PM   #18
pegasus
€uroInU$A

pegasus is popular on this boardpegasus is popular on this boardpegasus is popular on this boardpegasus is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Cousy
This is the answer I was expecting from the get go.

I can understand this.

the other guy was justifying it as if he needed to be in the game.

Well, that too. You never know in the NBA. Look what happened to Miami in game 2 of the NBA finals.
pegasus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 03:35 PM   #19
TheMarkMadsen
Know what im sayin?

TheMarkMadsen has decent reputationTheMarkMadsen has decent reputation

Quote:
now you're arguing semantics that are not even helping your case lol.

Why was he in the game up 20 with 1 minute to go ?

Was he supposed to pull himself out? "Like naah coach pull me out the game I don't want to continue this historic moment, I don't want to get flammed on ISH for this"

The poster above said it best, he was chasing history at that point
TheMarkMadsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 03:41 PM   #20
Bob Cousy
Banned

Bob Cousy is considered somewhat coolBob Cousy is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMarkMadsen
Was he supposed to pull himself out? "Like naah coach pull me out the game I don't want to continue this historic moment, I don't want to get flammed on ISH for this"

The poster above said it best, he was chasing history at that point
for the record I am not mad that he kept scoring, I believe I would have been upset if they pulled him as well.
Bob Cousy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 03:42 PM   #21
pauk
NBA Legend

pauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation here

I agree...... i dont see anybody else who would chuck 50 FGA in a game (probably even more than 50 FGA if you dont get 20 freethrows like Kobe did) and alienate your teammates the entire game and stay in the game to milk the thing out when the game is a blowout lateron aswell....

Last edited by pauk : 02-08-2012 at 03:45 PM.
pauk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 03:44 PM   #22
HurricaneKid
National High School Star

HurricaneKid has decent reputation

They were up 16 with 3:00 to go and he had 72 points. How is the last 9 not statpadding?

72 is impressive. But DRob needed a ridiculous number to lead the league in scoring in 94 and scored 71 on the last day of the season. He went 26/41. He achieved this on the day he needed to do it (not a random day when he got hot).
HurricaneKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 03:58 PM   #23
TheMarkMadsen
Know what im sayin?

TheMarkMadsen has decent reputationTheMarkMadsen has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauk
I agree...... i dont see anybody else who would chuck 50 FGA in a game (probably even more than 50 FGA if you dont get 20 freethrows like Kobe did) and alienate your teammates the entire game and stay in the game to milk the thing out when the game is a blowout lateron aswell....

Lol @ "alienating" his teamates.

Kwame: 1-5

Odom: 1-7

Mihm: 5-8

Smush: 5-11 (1 for 5 from 3)

George: 0-4

Sasha: 1-3

Would you keep passing them the ball when your down 14 at half?

I mean unless you think that the beast known as Chris Mihm could have continued his historic shooting night?

Kobe: 28 for 46, 18 of 20 from the line, 7-13 from 3. Thats pretty damn efficient

EDIT: Link http://espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=260122013

Last edited by TheMarkMadsen : 02-08-2012 at 04:05 PM.
TheMarkMadsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 04:06 PM   #24
Deuce Bigalow
5-time NBA All-Star

Deuce Bigalow has a terrific reputationDeuce Bigalow has a terrific reputationDeuce Bigalow has a terrific reputationDeuce Bigalow has a terrific reputationDeuce Bigalow has a terrific reputation

outscoring a team by yourself through 3 quarters is something that will never be done again
btw that team went to the finals that year too
Deuce Bigalow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 04:07 PM   #25
Disaprine
I'm with whateva

Disaprine is a pretty well-respected posterDisaprine is a pretty well-respected posterDisaprine is a pretty well-respected poster

people hating on the 81 point game.

classic
Disaprine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 04:08 PM   #26
Deuce Bigalow
5-time NBA All-Star

Deuce Bigalow has a terrific reputationDeuce Bigalow has a terrific reputationDeuce Bigalow has a terrific reputationDeuce Bigalow has a terrific reputationDeuce Bigalow has a terrific reputation

Quote:
he took 46 shots and never took 50 in his career

Jordan and Wilt had games with 49 or more shots
Deuce Bigalow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 04:10 PM   #27
BØBØ
Local High School Star

BØBØ is popular on this boardBØBØ is popular on this boardBØBØ is popular on this boardBØBØ is popular on this boardBØBØ is popular on this board

Quote:
Sounds like you didn't watch it either lol ...

the game was in hand by the time he scored 60, he could have sat after that.

I don't really have a strong opinion on whether or not he should have kept padding but the reality of it is that he started to pad after a while.

Im definitley not a Kobe hater though, an I agree that the shot attempts were justified from the 1st quarter to the 3rd.
This game was never in hand until the final moments
BØBØ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 04:10 PM   #28
Heavincent
5-time NBA All-Star

Heavincent is a pretty well-respected posterHeavincent is a pretty well-respected posterHeavincent is a pretty well-respected posterHeavincent is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:

If you don't respect Kobe's 81 point game, you don't know anything about basketball. Plain and simple.

Kobe won the game all by himself. They were down by like 15 at half time and then he scored ****ing 56 points in the second half.

You should probably brush up on your facts. Maybe then you wouldn't look like such a retard.
Heavincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 04:11 PM   #29
pegasus
€uroInU$A

pegasus is popular on this boardpegasus is popular on this boardpegasus is popular on this boardpegasus is popular on this board

Quote:

You are soooo jealous because your boy Lebron will never touch that record despite of his stat padding every single game.
pegasus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 04:11 PM   #30
BØBØ
Local High School Star

BØBØ is popular on this boardBØBØ is popular on this boardBØBØ is popular on this boardBØBØ is popular on this boardBØBØ is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disaprine
people hating on the 81 point game.

classic
I can't believe it either. The lengths some people will go to share their stupidity with the world never fails to surprise me
BØBØ is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: