Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-08-2012, 05:17 PM   #31
K.Koscik
KobendLebronRBothGood
 
K.Koscik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: AK
Posts: 1,767
Default Re: As seasons go by, 81 points will not be touched in modern day basketball.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalNemesis
Kobe's 81 pt game was iself a fluke.
No shit surelock thats what he just said

Last edited by K.Koscik : 02-08-2012 at 05:20 PM.
K.Koscik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 05:20 PM   #32
TheFrozenOne
Kids at the park dunk on me
 
TheFrozenOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 229
Default Re: As seasons go by, 81 points will not be touched in modern day basketball.

The most iconic basketball performance of the modern era...

I watched it Live!!


Thank you based Gawd.
TheFrozenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 05:47 PM   #33
Bob Cousy
Banned
 
Bob Cousy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 774
Default Re: As seasons go by, 81 points will not be touched in modern day basketball.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BØBØ
This game was never in hand until the final moments
are you stupid ???

they were up double digits most of the 4th. Stop being delusional.

I WAS AT THE GAME !
Bob Cousy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 05:52 PM   #34
32jazz
Local High School Star
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,828
Default Re: As seasons go by, 81 points will not be touched in modern day basketball.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fawker
Fluke, maybe. I don't think a modern day player can ever make that type of mockery of the game of basketball since Wilt. Kobe put on the best scoring performance ever. In any case, he has this under his belt.

Fluke? Hardly.

The game he outscored the entire Dallas Mavs team 62-61 through 3 quarters was just as brilliant , but unfortunately for us (basketball fans)the Lakers were up by close to 30 then.

Phil asked Kobe did he want back in for the Lakers current franchise record. Kobe asked Phil what he thought & Phil says "well we are up by 30".

Kobe refuses to go back in for the franchise record.
32jazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 05:56 PM   #35
TheFrozenOne
Kids at the park dunk on me
 
TheFrozenOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 229
Default Re: As seasons go by, 81 points will not be touched in modern day basketball.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Cousy
are you stupid ???

they were up double digits most of the 4th. Stop being delusional.

I WAS AT THE GAME !


I watched the game live...not until the final 2 minutes did it seem that the Lakers could coast....

The Lakers were letting teams come back all year...no lead was safe...heck in 2006 Lakers hardly had blowout games...teams would always come back on them.
TheFrozenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 06:01 PM   #36
bwink23
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 4,178
Default Re: As seasons go by, 81 points will not be touched in modern day basketball.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFrozenOne
I watched the game live...not until the final 2 minutes did it seem that the Lakers could coast....

The Lakers were letting teams come back all year...no lead was safe...heck in 2006 Lakers hardly had blowout games...teams would always come back on them.


Lakers were up 15 on their home floor against the shitty Raptors with 3 and a half minutes to play.....Kobe proceeds to score 9 more points, many on FT's in that stretch....that's called PADDING.
bwink23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 06:05 PM   #37
pegasus
€uroInU$A
 
pegasus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Chicago
Posts: 5,344
Default Re: As seasons go by, 81 points will not be touched in modern day basketball.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwink23
Lakers were up 15 on their home floor against the shitty Raptors with 3 and a half minutes to play.....Kobe proceeds to score 9 more points, many on FT's in that stretch....that's called PADDING.

The same "shitty" Raptors were up by 15 in the beginning of the 3rd quarter.

It's cute how all the Lebron fans are so jealous
pegasus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 06:11 PM   #38
bwink23
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 4,178
Default Re: As seasons go by, 81 points will not be touched in modern day basketball.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pegasus
The same "shitty" Raptors were up by 15 in the beginning of the 3rd quarter.

It's cute how all the Lebron fans are so jealous


It's padding....just like the 62 points in 3 quarters...Kobe left the game after being up 30....at what point do you decide to try passing for once....15? 20? 25? 30??

I guess the answer is 30, LOL!!
bwink23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 06:17 PM   #39
Odinn
I make 50-feet jumpers
 
Odinn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,956
Default Re: As seasons go by, 81 points will not be touched in modern day basketball.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fawker
Fluke, maybe. I don't think a modern day player can ever make that type of mockery of the game of basketball since Wilt. Kobe put on the best scoring performance ever. In any case, he has this under his belt.
Pretty debatable still. I remember that time span. There was a huge debate between Kobe's 81 game and 62 game. There is nothing to be surprised about 81 is more remembered but Kobe outscored entire team by himself. And IMO his 62 point against the Mavs was better than 81 point against the Raptors.

Also Jordan's 55 game in the finals another candidate for this debate I think.
Odinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 06:26 PM   #40
pegasus
€uroInU$A
 
pegasus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Chicago
Posts: 5,344
Default Re: As seasons go by, 81 points will not be touched in modern day basketball.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwink23
It's padding....just like the 62 points in 3 quarters...Kobe left the game after being up 30....at what point do you decide to try passing for once....15? 20? 25? 30??

I guess the answer is 30, LOL!!

His teammates kept passing him the ball. They wanted him to score just as much as the crowd did.

You either don't get it, or don't want to get it.
pegasus is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:28 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy