Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 02-08-2012, 02:39 AM   #16
TOUCH MY BODY
Local High School Star

TOUCH MY BODY is a pretty well-respected posterTOUCH MY BODY is a pretty well-respected posterTOUCH MY BODY is a pretty well-respected posterTOUCH MY BODY is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: One Referee that you want FAR away from your team in the playoffs

Scott Foster.
TOUCH MY BODY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 02:45 AM   #17
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
Crawford's one of the best refs the league has.
Joey is that you ?
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 03:23 AM   #18
MavsPoke
High School Varsity 6th Man

MavsPoke is considered somewhat coolMavsPoke is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by brisbaneman
my boys were 2-19 when danny crawford reffed us up until last postseason when they went undefeated with him officiating :))))

So many monkeys off their backs. That was one of the biggest monkeys that non-mavs fans didn't realize.
MavsPoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 04:02 PM   #19
cltcfn2924
I hit open 5-footers

cltcfn2924 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
The absolutely idiotic techs aside, Crawford's one of the best refs the league has.

That makes it a very sad state of affairs. The man is a menace to the game.
cltcfn2924 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 04:04 PM   #20
Heavincent
5-time NBA All-Star

Heavincent has a terrific reputationHeavincent has a terrific reputationHeavincent has a terrific reputationHeavincent has a terrific reputationHeavincent has a terrific reputation

I'll just say this: Joey Crawford is the worst ref in the history of sports.
Heavincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 04:08 PM   #21
zac
Local High School Star

zac is considered somewhat coolzac is considered somewhat coolzac is considered somewhat cool

It's a tie between Violet Palmer and Joey Crawford. The problem is Violet is just overall consistently awful. Crawford can be a decent ref (not very often) but when he gets going he just loses his mind and just starts making stuff up and is quick to T anyone up who disagrees with his delusions.
zac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 04:16 PM   #22
arifgokcen
DON'T FEED THE TROLL

arifgokcen has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by zac
It's a tie between Violet Palmer and Joey Crawford. The problem is Violet is just overall consistently awful. Crawford can be a decent ref (not very often) but when he gets going he just loses his mind and just starts making stuff up and is quick to T anyone up who disagrees with his delusions.

Even though Violet is always awful,when Joey Crawford gets on a hot streak he can call some of the worst "wtf is going on" fouls i have ever seen in any major sport.I mean even my 2 year old nephew would be surprised by his calls.So Joey Crawford
arifgokcen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 04:19 PM   #23
Eric Cartman
respect my authoritah

Eric Cartman is a pretty well-respected posterEric Cartman is a pretty well-respected posterEric Cartman is a pretty well-respected poster

Joey Crawford needs to die soon.
Eric Cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 04:45 PM   #24
Mach_3
Local High School Star

Mach_3 has decent reputationMach_3 has decent reputation

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1oSv6Ux-4o8&feature=fvst

This play to this day is still a complete wtf to me
Mach_3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 04:55 PM   #25
Pushxx
Pushxx

Pushxx is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPushxx is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPushxx is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPushxx is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPushxx is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPushxx is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPushxx is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPushxx is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPushxx is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPushxx is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

1. Bill Kennedy
2. Joey Crawford
Pushxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 05:21 PM   #26
For_Three
For 3!!! Bang!

For_Three has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brisbaneman
Because she's a woman (+ black)

This is sad, but true.
For_Three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 05:37 PM   #27
sixer6ad
Local High School Star

sixer6ad has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Cartman
Joey Crawford needs to die soon.

I was coaching at Century Cage Camp in Youngstown one year and former NBA official Joe Derosa was running a camp for elite up and coming officials. Joe Crawford was there evaluating and I got to pick his brain for about an hour. We talked about dirtiest player (Rodman), foulest mouthed coach (he said Lenny Wilkens which I disagreed) and loudest arena (Utah). This conversation must have been at least 10 years ago, but he use the F-word every other word - and I'm not kidding. It was f -this and f-that. He's a Brooklyn kid who seemed really rough around the edges.

Worst official - and not even close - Kevin Fair. Watch his games. All 10 players and both coaches - ON EVERY ONE OF HIS GAMES - are like, "are you serious?" and "What did you call?" I often wonder how that dude keeps his job. I'm not a big Benny Adams fan either. One final one: Bob Delaney - Former govt worker (CIA or FBI) turned official. HE SUCKS.
sixer6ad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 05:54 PM   #28
Pushxx
Pushxx

Pushxx is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPushxx is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPushxx is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPushxx is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPushxx is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPushxx is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPushxx is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPushxx is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPushxx is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPushxx is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Damn this thread makes me depressed that officials suck so much.
Pushxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 06:00 PM   #29
wagexslave
Messiahbolical

wagexslave is a pretty well-respected posterwagexslave is a pretty well-respected posterwagexslave is a pretty well-respected posterwagexslave is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelEyes
I'll agree with this. Violet really is awful, I'm not sure how she has lasted this long.
Steve Nash agrees
wagexslave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 06:22 PM   #30
hoop_soup
Can barely lace up my sneakers

hoop_soup has an OK reputation so far

Violet may have lasted because she's a woman, but she gets hated on because she is a woman as well.

A ref's job is to be ignored, a refs best day is when he/she is never mentioned. It's almost impossible for Violet because shes so noticeably different than the average ref.

I have seen people on this board overreact to her calls, instead of just blaming the refs in general like they do with most if not all the other refs.

I'm not saying shes a great or good ref, I'm not saying she doesn't make horrendous calls sometimes. I am saying that she sometimes gets unfairly criticized and picked on because she is female.
hoop_soup is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: