Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 02-13-2012, 06:16 PM   #16
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Kobe interviewed on AM 710

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker
Metta is the 4th or 5th player who has grumbled about Brown's decisions......do you REALLY need someone to spell it out for you??????
Does it all have to be nice and neat inside of one article????

Now if you know about these things and how they work....take the public comments and multiply by 2 as to how many guys are unhappy with the direction of things.....(Only half of players will speak up) If you do not know this, there is nothing I can do to help you. It's a huge number this early in a season.

Problem with Brown is that he is not making the necessary decisions, he is very much behind, even with considering the schedule......the offense is a complete disaster....any decent coach could fix the offensive problem quickly.
for one, where are the pick and rolls between Kobe and Pau????

You don't seem to understand that the coaches get up to the game information on their opponent, I have seen the stuff they get first hand.....so any excuse that Jeremy Lin just started taking off is a lame excuse....especially since he is a PG and we are HORRIBLY WEAK at PG....any scrub can score 30 on us. If I'm the coach, knowing this the first thing I want to know is what the opponent's PG is doing....what are his strengths and weaknesses. Hell, even in AAU tournaments we coaches know all the stats and things to know about a player we are going to face.......go talk to any local coach near you, they'll tell you the exact same thing. NO EXCUSES!!!!!

No Lakers team has been this pathetic in scoring....and we have 3 All-Stars....so anyone who can't see there is a problem is missing the boat.....take a look at how other teams are scoring against teams we fail to get 100 on......we are barely beating bad teams like Toronto....another team missing their best player.....yet you come out with a weak ass excuse.......I guarantee you, my teams have Sh!t all over a team missing their best player....NO EXCUSES.

Again, Ron Artest is performing terribly, and is looking to blame it on ANYONE.

Bruce Bowen commented on AM 710 ESPN regarding Ron's comments. This defensive legend said that Ron was nowhere near his original defensive ability, and that the role of a player is to listen to coach and play the game. You keep telling me that you are a coach DK. I am sure you would understand that you can't have players questioning you all the time, and that they need to shut up and listen. All of the sudden you're taking the side of a washed up Ron, who has been playing terribly in 12 out of every 13 games. Can you explain that nonsense to me?

Please DK, feel free to listen to this interview. A very intelligent person in Bowen who has played for Poppovich the great for most of his career.

What weak a$$ excuse are you talking about?

Mike Brown has the two worst starters in the NBA in Fisher and in Ron, and you're here telling me that its his coaching? Watch, you're probably going to post about "you're young and ignorant, and don't know what you're talking about."

Nobody on cleveland, nobody on the lakers, not even fans are speaking about Mike Brown.

You are the one trying to make a big issue. Just admit it, you don't like mike brown for God knows what.

Edit:

4 or 5 other players grumbling about brown? Where does it say?
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 08:09 PM   #17
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I've said from the begining the Mike Brown signing was not a good one. I think everyone has to admit it, we were all at least confused by the decision when we heard it. If Phil was still here the record would be better, no doubt about it. I think Brown under achieved in Cleveland and I see him doing it here too. Of course, I kind of thought he would be here for a season or two and then get fired anyway. The front office must have knew they wanted to make changes to the roster (trade Lamar, Pau, etc) so they probably knew they could hire a guy and let him go after a few years and bring in someone else to bring the hopes of winning a championship back. That's really the only logic that I can see behind hiring Brown..... hire him to fire him. It can't be because he was such a good coach in the NBA.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 10:57 PM   #18
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

DKLaker has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
Again, Ron Artest is performing terribly, and is looking to blame it on ANYONE.

Bruce Bowen commented on AM 710 ESPN regarding Ron's comments. This defensive legend said that Ron was nowhere near his original defensive ability, and that the role of a player is to listen to coach and play the game. You keep telling me that you are a coach DK. I am sure you would understand that you can't have players questioning you all the time, and that they need to shut up and listen. All of the sudden you're taking the side of a washed up Ron, who has been playing terribly in 12 out of every 13 games. Can you explain that nonsense to me?

Please DK, feel free to listen to this interview. A very intelligent person in Bowen who has played for Poppovich the great for most of his career.

What weak a$$ excuse are you talking about?

Mike Brown has the two worst starters in the NBA in Fisher and in Ron, and you're here telling me that its his coaching? Watch, you're probably going to post about "you're young and ignorant, and don't know what you're talking about."

Nobody on cleveland, nobody on the lakers, not even fans are speaking about Mike Brown.

You are the one trying to make a big issue. Just admit it, you don't like mike brown for God knows what.

Edit:

4 or 5 other players grumbling about brown? Where does it say?

I like Mike Brown as a person but he's a terrible coach.....I have already stated my reasons.....I guess you haven't read my posts outlining why.
Some people get it and some can't figure it out.....let amy good coach watch this guy and they know he's an idiot.

Bowen is a pompous @ss....I'm never going to listen to anything that guy has to say.

Weak @ss excuses were being given by other people on here for Brown's horrible coaching. I didn't say I agreed with Metta....go read.

If you had been paying attention you would know that the people who have voiced complaints at least once....most of them several times are:
Metta
McRoberts
Ebanks
Morris
Pau
Barnes

Ok, my bad.....that's 6 guys not 5.

I find that a coach who knows his stuff is rarely questioned by his players.
I can say that I over the past 15+ years have only had one player question what I was doing.....he was new, we won because of my strategy, I explained the reasoning to him during practice and he got it.

Now....Rambis who some people foolishly thought was a good coach
despite me telling you that he was clueless and would fail miserably as he had in the pathetic attempt as Lakers coach before Phil came in......dude will NEVER be a good head coach......and 2 years ago most guys wanted him to be the coach after Phil

As for Metta, He's terrible now....no way in hell I would start him....PERIOD, I wouldn't have any flexability on that unless he got his shot, speed, leaping ability etc.... back. Brown is a dumbass to have Fish and Metta starting.
Has Metta made some defensive plays....yes.....but he almost blew the easy layup against Toronto, that would've cost us the game.
Brown has to have the balls to stand up to his players and dictate....not beg them to allow him to guide them

Lastly.....please don't put words in my mouth......I never called anyone ignorant.
There are certainly young people on here that read old stats and think they know old basketball or haven't experienced enough situations to truly understand the game.....this in no way, shape or form makes them ignorant. They are simply misinformed.
Ignorant is an ugly word, ugly words should never be used among Lakers fans.

Last edited by DKLaker : 02-13-2012 at 11:11 PM.
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 01:27 AM   #19
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
I like Mike Brown as a person but he's a terrible coach.....I have already stated my reasons.....I guess you haven't read my posts outlining why.
Some people get it and some can't figure it out.....let amy good coach watch this guy and they know he's an idiot.

Bowen is a pompous @ss....I'm never going to listen to anything that guy has to say.

Weak @ss excuses were being given by other people on here for Brown's horrible coaching. I didn't say I agreed with Metta....go read.

If you had been paying attention you would know that the people who have voiced complaints at least once....most of them several times are:
Metta
McRoberts
Ebanks
Morris
Pau
Barnes

Ok, my bad.....that's 6 guys not 5.

I find that a coach who knows his stuff is rarely questioned by his players.
I can say that I over the past 15+ years have only had one player question what I was doing.....he was new, we won because of my strategy, I explained the reasoning to him during practice and he got it.

Now....Rambis who some people foolishly thought was a good coach
despite me telling you that he was clueless and would fail miserably as he had in the pathetic attempt as Lakers coach before Phil came in......dude will NEVER be a good head coach......and 2 years ago most guys wanted him to be the coach after Phil

As for Metta, He's terrible now....no way in hell I would start him....PERIOD, I wouldn't have any flexability on that unless he got his shot, speed, leaping ability etc.... back. Brown is a dumbass to have Fish and Metta starting.
Has Metta made some defensive plays....yes.....but he almost blew the easy layup against Toronto, that would've cost us the game.
Brown has to have the balls to stand up to his players and dictate....not beg them to allow him to guide them

Lastly.....please don't put words in my mouth......I never called anyone ignorant.
There are certainly young people on here that read old stats and think they know old basketball or haven't experienced enough situations to truly understand the game.....this in no way, shape or form makes them ignorant. They are simply misinformed.
Ignorant is an ugly word, ugly words should never be used among Lakers fans.

I keep asking you to post some source for when the players voiced their opinion. Keep in mind, the one thing all those guys have in common, minus pau, they all keep losing minutes for their crappy play. But when have any of them other than Ron ever said anything?

For the second bold, the 3 spot is a crapshoot as you're choosing between artest, barnes, and Ebanks. All inconsistent. I would probably choose Barnes, but he keeps committing offensive fouls. Its been annoying lately.

I agree about Fisher starting, but management has been complained against for the past 3 years now for still having Fisher. They had many years to clean up the mess at the PG, and still havent. Now quite frankly, Fisher's welcome has been worn out.

Bottom line, give Brown the pieces he needs, and you'll see him coach this team to some deep playoff milestones.
Old 02-14-2012, 01:52 AM   #20
tamaraw08
Decent college freshman

tamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Mike Brown is NOT my first choice as coach. My top one was Jeff Van Gundy then Rick Adelman. However, I don't think Mike Brown is a horrible coach.
With very limited practice time/training camp, with few players in the team with limited talent etc, the team I think is doing ok.
4th best in pts allowed and opponent FG%, top in the league in team rebounding etc.
I don't pay too much attention on what players think. They are getting paid to play and not to analyze. For crying out loud these are some of these guys said before.
Magic Johnson : Rondo is the best PG in the league (last playoffs)
Shaq: Bynum is the best center, ahead of Howard.
Rose: I would like Vinnie Del Negro to return as our Bulls coach (couple of yrs ago)
Jalen Rose: "Lakers wont win ever bec I just dont see it, in their (Pau and Odom) eyes " 3 yrs ago.
MJ and Isiah Thomas as the worst GM's ever etc etc.
tamaraw08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 02:21 AM   #21
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Bottom line, give Brown the pieces he needs, and you'll see him coach this team to some deep playoff milestones.

That's probably the biggest thing I have against Brown. I think he's only as good as the players he coaches. He isn't the type that can take a team and make them better. With the current roster there's no reason the Lakers couldn't make the conference finals (especially if Phil was still around). This team looks like it will make a first round exit right now. Like I mentioned before, I think he was hired just to be fired. It's the only thing that makes sense to me.
Old 02-14-2012, 11:59 AM   #22
DKLaker

Quote:
I keep asking you to post some source for when the players voiced their opinion. Keep in mind, the one thing all those guys have in common, minus pau, they all keep losing minutes for their crappy play. But when have any of them other than Ron ever said anything?

For the second bold, the 3 spot is a crapshoot as you're choosing between artest, barnes, and Ebanks. All inconsistent. I would probably choose Barnes, but he keeps committing offensive fouls. Its been annoying lately.

I agree about Fisher starting, but management has been complained against for the past 3 years now for still having Fisher. They had many years to clean up the mess at the PG, and still havent. Now quite frankly, Fisher's welcome has been worn out.

I'm a LA Times subscriber, I read the sports page daily so I keep up with what is going on with the team. I do not have time or desire to go back through a month or so worth of articles to show proof of what was printed.....I wouldn't be saying this if it didn't happen.
Brown has managed to piss off the entire SF position with indecisiveness.
In my opinion, he has to analyze the current abilities of the SF's and decide what is most important to the team to get from that spot and which one can he count on to do that one thing best.....is it defense, is it scoring, rebounding etc... Pick your guy, stick with him as starter unless someone steps up and shows off the bench for an extended period that he can do a better job. Brown keeps making lateral moves....based on the starter being bad and not on the new guy being better, this is very disrupting to a team.
Ask any of those guys if they trust Brown.
McRoberts was playing very well until he hurt his foot.....i was surprised to see Kobe looking for him in the post, I think...well actually Kobe said he enjoys playing with him. I could see this. Brown has buried him on the bench.

Brown fails to make simple very obvious adjustments during games....I saw this when he coached Cleveland......and I see it now.
Metta said Brown is a stats guy.....stats guys are not real coaches.....it's unsaid code.

All said, there may be a lot of truth to what dd24 said about hired to be fired....I never looked at it that way but it is quite interesting.

Lakerfreak, I still have yet to hear WHY you think Brown is a good coach........is it his Cleveland record with Lebron.....in the terrible East where teams well under .500 make the playoffs???
Again......there are stats.....and there is analyzing the actual game.
Old 02-14-2012, 12:10 PM   #23
dd24
College superstar

Quote:
Metta said Brown is a stats guy.....stats guys are not real coaches.....it's unsaid code.

This was actually reported on ESPN radio this morning on "The Herd with Colin Cowherd" show. There was a lot more that Metta had said to go along with that. He definitely isn't happy with Brown. I can't blame him, though Metta does need to step up his game too. I think the SF's are probably the most upset too. Brown hasn't been consistent with his decisions there.
Old 02-14-2012, 02:23 PM   #24
BØBØ
Local High School Star

BØBØ is popular on this boardBØBØ is popular on this boardBØBØ is popular on this boardBØBØ is popular on this boardBØBØ is popular on this board

Lakers need to drop Metta off the roster one way or the other. He's become a team cancer and worst has zero impact on the game itself. Team would be better off without his innane ramblings.
BØBØ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 04:49 PM   #25
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
I'm a LA Times subscriber, I read the sports page daily so I keep up with what is going on with the team. I do not have time or desire to go back through a month or so worth of articles to show proof of what was printed.....I wouldn't be saying this if it didn't happen.
Brown has managed to piss off the entire SF position with indecisiveness.
In my opinion, he has to analyze the current abilities of the SF's and decide what is most important to the team to get from that spot and which one can he count on to do that one thing best.....is it defense, is it scoring, rebounding etc... Pick your guy, stick with him as starter unless someone steps up and shows off the bench for an extended period that he can do a better job. Brown keeps making lateral moves....based on the starter being bad and not on the new guy being better, this is very disrupting to a team.
Ask any of those guys if they trust Brown.
McRoberts was playing very well until he hurt his foot.....i was surprised to see Kobe looking for him in the post, I think...well actually Kobe said he enjoys playing with him. I could see this. Brown has buried him on the bench.

Brown fails to make simple very obvious adjustments during games....I saw this when he coached Cleveland......and I see it now.

All said, there may be a lot of truth to what dd24 said about hired to be fired....I never looked at it that way but it is quite interesting.

Lakerfreak, I still have yet to hear WHY you think Brown is a good coach........is it his Cleveland record with Lebron.....in the terrible East where teams well under .500 make the playoffs???
Again......there are stats.....and there is analyzing the actual game.

Going back a month? The season started December 25th!! Then came January, and we're still in the first half of February. I dont subscribe to LAtimes but I go on every day to read their articles, and as you can see, I post the ones I feel are most interesting to this forum. Secondly, I listen to AM 710 ESPN, every day as I drive to school (its 30 minutes away) and not one single person mentioned anything about other players. The only time it happened was yesterday when Mason and Ireland were speaking about Artest's comments against Brown. Mason and Ireland then interviewed Bruce Bowen who said what he said. I agreed with Bowen, it doesn't matter if you think Bowen is dumb, but what he said was absolutely correct.

I can see why there would be a bunch of irritated small forwards on the team, and the reason being is, there are a bunch of small forwards on the team. What's even sadder is, we have a bunch of USELESS small forwards on this team. Not one of those guys has proven to be the better one, which is why rotations keep changing.

Now you want to know why I think he's a good coach? I'll list and elaborate:

*Defense Defense and more Defense!
Coach has this team playing the best defense I have ever seen on a laker team. Phil had Kurt Rambis, who designed very good schemes for when the playoffs came around....But this year, laker fans are getting tacos in nearly every single game. The more tacos given out, tells me the more defense is being played on a game by game basis. Buss might need to stop waiving players, and stop doing the deal with Jack n the box to save some cash

*Young, Energetic, Players coach
This man is constantly on all 14 of his players' cases! He shows positive leadership to his players. I'll give you two examples. In the off-season he had yelled at Ebanks according to LAtimes for not closing out all the way on a shooter, a few minutes later he gave Ebanks a hug. Second example, Bynum saved the lakers against the celtics, Mike gave Bynum a kiss on the forehead. Sure it may be a little misguided. His intentions are clear though. He's acting like a father to his team, and looking for different ways to motivate them.

*Open minded
He kept some parts from the triangle, to accommodate his big men. Our big men have been solid this year. He's constantly involving his assistants and likes to hear what they have to say.

*Giving Kobe the respect
I always see this guy and Kobe speaking together during timeouts. He wants to make sure Kobe is the first one to understand. He's developing a good coach-team captian relationship.

He may not be the best offensive coach. Some other teams have coaches like that, who have been very successful. Look at what Tom Thib. has done with the bulls? He's a defensive minded coach. His offense sucks. Poppovich's offense sucks.

This whole thing is a work in progress. Kobe was quoted the other day saying the offense was "under construction". This isn't the same offense you're going to keep seeing. You might see a "better" version of it sometime sooner or later.

No coach ever started out a championship coach. They all had to work and improve. Just ask Magic Johnson what he thought of Pat Riley when he first started coaching. Look at Pat now.
Old 02-14-2012, 07:25 PM   #26
DKLaker

Quote:
Going back a month? The season started December 25th!! Then came January, and we're still in the first half of February. I dont subscribe to LAtimes but I go on every day to read their articles, and as you can see, I post the ones I feel are most interesting to this forum. Secondly, I listen to AM 710 ESPN, every day as I drive to school (its 30 minutes away) and not one single person mentioned anything about other players. The only time it happened was yesterday when Mason and Ireland were speaking about Artest's comments against Brown. Mason and Ireland then interviewed Bruce Bowen who said what he said. I agreed with Bowen, it doesn't matter if you think Bowen is dumb, but what he said was absolutely correct.

I can see why there would be a bunch of irritated small forwards on the team, and the reason being is, there are a bunch of small forwards on the team. What's even sadder is, we have a bunch of USELESS small forwards on this team. Not one of those guys has proven to be the better one, which is why rotations keep changing.

Now you want to know why I think he's a good coach? I'll list and elaborate:

*Defense Defense and more Defense!
Coach has this team playing the best defense I have ever seen on a laker team. Phil had Kurt Rambis, who designed very good schemes for when the playoffs came around....But this year, laker fans are getting tacos in nearly every single game. The more tacos given out, tells me the more defense is being played on a game by game basis. Buss might need to stop waiving players, and stop doing the deal with Jack n the box to save some cash

*Young, Energetic, Players coach
This man is constantly on all 14 of his players' cases! He shows positive leadership to his players. I'll give you two examples. In the off-season he had yelled at Ebanks according to LAtimes for not closing out all the way on a shooter, a few minutes later he gave Ebanks a hug. Second example, Bynum saved the lakers against the celtics, Mike gave Bynum a kiss on the forehead. Sure it may be a little misguided. His intentions are clear though. He's acting like a father to his team, and looking for different ways to motivate them.

*Open minded
He kept some parts from the triangle, to accommodate his big men. Our big men have been solid this year. He's constantly involving his assistants and likes to hear what they have to say.

*Giving Kobe the respect
I always see this guy and Kobe speaking together during timeouts. He wants to make sure Kobe is the first one to understand. He's developing a good coach-team captian relationship.

He may not be the best offensive coach. Some other teams have coaches like that, who have been very successful. Look at what Tom Thib. has done with the bulls? He's a defensive minded coach. His offense sucks. Poppovich's offense sucks.

This whole thing is a work in progress. Kobe was quoted the other day saying the offense was "under construction". This isn't the same offense you're going to keep seeing. You might see a "better" version of it sometime sooner or later.

No coach ever started out a championship coach. They all had to work and improve. Just ask Magic Johnson what he thought of Pat Riley when he first started coaching. Look at Pat now.

Thank you for finally giving your argument.
Nothing you said makes him a good head coach...sorry, and some of the stuff was horribly trivial like kissing Bynum.....Bynum hated that by the way.......i though it was way over the top for a coach in a regular season game......it wasn't even the game winner.

Go back and READ what I said about being decisive about the PF position and how his lack of this has made the situation and the attitudes of the players much worse.

I don't know if all of the articles that are in the paper are online. The McRoberts comments were at the back end of an article and were brief.....it wasn't a featured/hyped story.......but you can clearly understand why he is as unhappy as all of our SF's, Pau has just been a big crybaby.....he cries if he has to post up, he cries that he's now too far away....even though he asked to be farther away and shoot 3's, and he hasn't been hitting mid range worth a crap.....then he whines about touches.
Morris is a Rookie and he's not going to make a big stink but he did state that he is not happy with the way he has been handled.
These are not going to be headline stuff, it's stuff you read and forget....but i know what I read and YOU can understand why they wouldn't be happy.

Work in progress......come on man......read the code!
Do you really think Kobe would say that Brown sucks at offense and has no clue??? Some folks have to be told everything

Defense? It's not bad....the Lakers player can't score so they know they have to up the effort there.....trust me, if we were scoring more they would also give up more.....it's just human nature.

I still completely disagree with you.
Old 02-14-2012, 08:04 PM   #27
bladefd
Good college starter

bladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd24
That's probably the biggest thing I have against Brown. I think he's only as good as the players he coaches. He isn't the type that can take a team and make them better. With the current roster there's no reason the Lakers couldn't make the conference finals (especially if Phil was still around). This team looks like it will make a first round exit right now. Like I mentioned before, I think he was hired just to be fired. It's the only thing that makes sense to me.

I kind of cringed when I read that. Why do you think they would hire a coach just for the point of firing him down the line? Makes no sense to me...
bladefd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 08:26 PM   #28
dd24
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladefd
I kind of cringed when I read that. Why do you think they would hire a coach just for the point of firing him down the line? Makes no sense to me...

It makes perfect sense. Management knew they were going to try to blow this thing up..... trade Lamar, and then eventually Pau, maybe even Drew & Metta. They knew the Lakers wouldn't be real contenders this year. They'll need a scapegoat at some point. The coach is usually a good one to point the finger at, especially when they're only mediocre to begin with.
Old 02-14-2012, 08:55 PM   #29
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
Thank you for finally giving your argument.
Nothing you said makes him a good head coach...sorry, and some of the stuff was horribly trivial like kissing Bynum.....Bynum hated that by the way.......i though it was way over the top for a coach in a regular season game......it wasn't even the game winner.

Go back and READ what I said about being decisive about the PF position and how his lack of this has made the situation and the attitudes of the players much worse.

I don't know if all of the articles that are in the paper are online. The McRoberts comments were at the back end of an article and were brief.....it wasn't a featured/hyped story.......but you can clearly understand why he is as unhappy as all of our SF's, Pau has just been a big crybaby.....he cries if he has to post up, he cries that he's now too far away....even though he asked to be farther away and shoot 3's, and he hasn't been hitting mid range worth a crap.....then he whines about touches.
Morris is a Rookie and he's not going to make a big stink but he did state that he is not happy with the way he has been handled.
These are not going to be headline stuff, it's stuff you read and forget....but i know what I read and YOU can understand why they wouldn't be happy.

Work in progress......come on man......read the code!
Do you really think Kobe would say that Brown sucks at offense and has no clue??? Some folks have to be told everything

Defense? It's not bad....the Lakers player can't score so they know they have to up the effort there.....trust me, if we were scoring more they would also give up more.....it's just human nature.

I still completely disagree with you.

lol fine to disagree with me. I feel you are trying to raise an army against Brown. I will not give in to the Brown argument.

You and I can pick ANY player on this team to talk about. I would either agree to some points, or at least see your side on the argument. This is one topic I will not give in to.

I was raised "old school". My father taught me to obey, be humble. I've had bad coaches before, but I obeyed, and I was humble, and when coaches saw that, I was rewarded, which is why you will see me always defending the higher authority. In case you were wondering about why I am really serious about this

Now, back to basketball points:

*McRoberts - He isn't scoring. Everytime he's in the game he's been sort of a body that is present, not doing much to help the score sheet. His hustle stopped after sometime too and he was really valuable for that. But no, as much as I liked him early on, he never seemed to be aggressive going up for shots, and that bothers me because our bench needs scoring. His IQ is tremendous, his hustle is awesome, but he isn't contributing as much as Troy Murphy, who has been playing splendidly thus far into the season.

*Darius Morris - Oh please DK, you and I both know he's a rookie, out of control, keeps turning it over. So coach did what anyone else would do, bench him! Goudelock has been playing great, so he's using Goudelock instead, and rightfully so. Thats what ANY other coach would do. How the hell is Mike supposed to play 4 point guards? Be realistic.

*Pau Gasol - Completely agree with your analysis on him

Im glad you can give the defense credit. I am sure when you see the lakers making some more moves, you will find a set rotation by Mike Brown, which seems to be your biggest issue with him, how he keeps changing it up. Am I right?
Old 02-14-2012, 09:15 PM   #30
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
EL SEGUNDO, Calif. — Metta World Peace might be on the verge of a meltdown, according to some of his Lakers teammates, and coach Mike Brown might be at the core. World Peace is "walking around all crazy-like. We're just waiting for him to go off," one Lakers player recently told FOXSportsWest.com, speaking on the condition of anonymity.

Added another teammate, also requesting anonymity: "He's always talking about how he should be playing no matter how bad he's shooting, but he can't figure out that when he takes bad shots and misses eight in a row it puts us in a hole."

What's more, a source close to the team told FOXSportsWest.com that Brown wouldn't be averse to trading World Peace — not necessarily because of a personality clash but simply because he hasn't played well.

And that would make some of his teammates happy.

"There are a lot of guys in here who'd just like to see him gone," one player told FOXSportsWest.com on the condition of anonymity. "I think we'd definitely be a better team if everyone didn't have to walk on eggshells when he's around."

more here
http://www.foxsportswest.com/02/13/1...26&feedID=8686

There ya go....Ron Artest is not wanted in LA by teammates. Thats to kill the speculation by DK that Mike Brown is creating tension.

Last edited by lakerfreak : 02-14-2012 at 10:31 PM.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: