Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 02-11-2012, 07:32 AM   #46
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Jeremy Lin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic
What would you offer him if he finishes averaging 15 and 7 or 8?
As crazy as it may sound based on what I just said, you kinda have to give him the full MLE if he does 15&8 for the season.

Despite my current stance, Lin's shortcomings are things that be corrected if Lin, his off-season training team, and the coaching staff put in the work. Not only that but even when he misses the play a lot of time it is clear he made the read but recognized he can't physically make the play.

Like his inability to split traps. Lin makes the read but he simple can not get the dribble out in front quick enough or low enough to get through the defense.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 07:42 AM   #47
bluechox2
#knickstape

bluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da KO King
As crazy as it may sound based on what I just said, you kinda have to give him the full MLE if he does 15&8 for the season.

Despite my current stance, Lin's shortcomings are things that be corrected if Lin, his off-season training team, and the coaching staff put in the work. Not only that but even when he misses the play a lot of time it is clear he made the read but recognized he can't physically make the play.

Like his inability to split traps. Lin makes the read but he simple can not get the dribble out in front quick enough or low enough to get through the defense.
thats only cus the defense can concentrate on him now
melo and amare will definitely space that floor out even more
cant find an opening? simple, get amare in a pick, give it to melo who can bail out the offense from the perimeter (and that single coverage, not triple, like hes been seeing lately)

Last edited by bluechox2 : 02-11-2012 at 07:50 AM.
bluechox2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 08:00 AM   #48
Da KO King

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluechox2
thats only cus the defense can concentrate on him now
melo and amare will definately space that floor out even more
cant find an opening? simple, get amare in a pick, give it to melo who can bail out the offense from the perimeter
Having more talented players on the floor will not improve what I was talking about. It is a technical skill. Lin simply can't execute... YET.

Right now I think a lot of people are confusing Lin's EXCELLENT understanding of the ballscreen game and making the correct reads with having great court vision. His vision is fairly average but he made every read when I watched him against the Wizards.

The Phoenix Suns play tonight on NBA TV. To see what I mean about the vision/focus thing watch/DVR/tape that game. When Steve Nash has the ball on the perimeter you'll see that he mainly keeps his focus on the rim, which allows him to see all nine other guys on the floor no matter where he is. When Tyreke Evans gets the ball you'll see that the focus is on defenders near him and he only picks up the rim when he's ready to score.
Old 02-11-2012, 08:38 AM   #49
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Having more talented players on the floor will not improve what I was talking about. It is a technical skill. Lin simply can't execute... YET.

Right now I think a lot of people are confusing Lin's EXCELLENT understanding of the ballscreen game and making the correct reads with having great court vision. His vision is fairly average but he made every read when I watched him against the Wizards.

The Phoenix Suns play tonight on NBA TV. To see what I mean about the vision/focus thing watch/DVR/tape that game. When Steve Nash has the ball on the perimeter you'll see that he mainly keeps his focus on the rim, which allows him to see all nine other guys on the floor no matter where he is. When Tyreke Evans gets the ball you'll see that the focus is on defenders near him and he only picks up the rim when he's ready to score.
I'll tell you what though KO, even though I really don't see the lack of vision you're referring to, the kid is a student of the game.

I was literally cracking up when he was interviewed during halftime, when he said he was going in the back to read film on how to get Chandler the ball.

"Right now?"

Lin: "Right now".
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 08:48 AM   #50
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Didn't want to make a new thread for it, but who does Lin remind you guys off..

I know D'antoni blushes when people ask him about Lin being Nash 2.0

I think Lin has a blend of Nash, Rondo, and Kidd, but I have another former Sun that Lin totally reminds me of......

Kevin Johnson.

(Clutch scours You Tube now)
Old 02-11-2012, 09:02 AM   #51
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

I seen him split traps in Washington but I seen him back away because it's easier.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 09:03 AM   #52
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
Didn't want to make a new thread for it, but who does Lin remind you guys off..

I know D'antoni blushes when people ask him about Lin being Nash 2.0

I think Lin has a blend of Nash, Rondo, and Kidd, but I have another former Sun that Lin totally reminds me of......

Kevin Johnson.

(Clutch scours You Tube now)
I wasn't even born when Kevin Johnson entered the league

He reminds me of Rondo.
Solid rebounder for his position,not a very good shooter,doesn't pick up his dribble often.
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 09:27 AM   #53
bluechox2
#knickstape

bluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

steve nash and rondo
bluechox2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 10:23 AM   #54
Da KO King

Quote:
I'll tell you what though KO, even though I really don't see the lack of vision you're referring to, the kid is a student of the game.

I was literally cracking up when he was interviewed during halftime, when he said he was going in the back to read film on how to get Chandler the ball.

"Right now?"

Lin: "Right now".
Honestly this is a reason that while I'm leery of going "all in" contract wise too soon I'm not dead set against it.

When playing within a structured set Lin makes the reads. If you tell him he missed something, he legitimately looks into it. He's learning not just on a game to game basis but a play to play one as well.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not changing my assessment. Lin will come back down to Earth, and these 25 and 8 games will not happen as frequently. Still the more I watch the more I believe that Lin has the makings of a career top 7 rotation guy. Having a PG a coach can count on to make the right reads in the right situations is invaluable.
Old 02-11-2012, 01:32 PM   #55
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

Quote:
Honestly this is a reason that while I'm leery of going "all in" contract wise too soon I'm not dead set against it.

When playing within a structured set Lin makes the reads. If you tell him he missed something, he legitimately looks into it. He's learning not just on a game to game basis but a play to play one as well.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not changing my assessment. Lin will come back down to Earth, and these 25 and 8 games will not happen as frequently. Still the more I watch the more I believe that Lin has the makings of a career top 7 rotation guy. Having a PG a coach can count on to make the right reads in the right situations is invaluable.
As great as he has been and I believe he has been a SUPERSTAR in no way shape or form am I condoning giving this kid 5 mill unless he averages 20 and 8 through the playoffs. Even then if the Knicks can find another PG they should do it.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 02:02 PM   #56
Draz
Like a Baoss.

Draz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I hope when Melo returns he doesn't break this chemistry, how would you guys feel on Melos return we lose the game?
Draz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 03:12 PM   #57
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draz
I hope when Melo returns he doesn't break this chemistry, how would you guys feel on Melos return we lose the game?
I think only an idiot would try to mess up the chemistry that these guys have achieved.

They really believe if they play hard and the right way, they can win every single game, and the result are showing that.

Melo MUST fall in that line, he is not an exception.
Old 02-11-2012, 03:29 PM   #58
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
I think only an idiot would try to mess up the chemistry that these guys have achieved.

They really believe if they play hard and the right way, they can win every single game, and the result are showing that.

Melo MUST fall in that line, he is not an exception.
I like Melo but if he doesn't show he can be a team player then I would trade him.

It's simple as that.

I may like him but I like the Knicks more.

Hopefully he'll prove the haters wrong and will fit perfectly into the system.
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 05:51 PM   #59
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:

The best situation for Lin and the team would be for him to accept his 1 mil QO.

Hopefully no other team messes that that up, and he'll have the entire next season to show what he can do with a full training camp, pre and season games.

At worst no one can offer more than the MLE, and since he is an RFA we can match it, and still have our very own MLE to hopefully acquire another pg.

I'm not sold he is the answer just yet, but we'll find out how good he really is by the time the season ends.
Old 02-11-2012, 06:16 PM   #60
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: