Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 01-08-2007, 02:53 AM   #1
poorlilrich
woop woop

poorlilrich is popular on this boardpoorlilrich is popular on this boardpoorlilrich is popular on this boardpoorlilrich is popular on this board
Default How do I become a better Poster

What are some tips you pros can give me

what are the "dont dos" of this business
poorlilrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 03:03 AM   #2
The Myth
Banned

The Myth posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryThe Myth posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Don't ride up on anyone's ****.
The Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 03:58 AM   #3
Maximum310
High School JV MVP

Maximum310 has an OK reputation so far

LOL..do the opposite of whatever NASH=BEST was doing, that kid was getting murdered on here.
Maximum310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 04:14 AM   #4
Cool
NBA rookie of the year

Cool is considered somewhat coolCool is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximum310
LOL..do the opposite of whatever NASH=BEST was doing, that kid was getting murdered on here.

Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 06:58 AM   #5
Mathius
NBA sixth man of the year

Mathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by poorlilrich

If you have to ask....

But seriously, posts that annoy me is player comparisons, trade proposals, etc. because they're meaningless.

I try not to post any question that leaves someone open to give their opinion, because if they don't agree with you, you just leave yourself open for them to act like an ass. Because the level of maturity here is a lot lower than a lot of message boards. Probably because there's no age limit.

Don't post a topic without first checking back at least 3 pages to see if it's already been discussed.

A good rule of thumb is to not start a thread about anything currently in the news, because there's a pretty good chance you'll find a thread about it first if you just look a little harder.

Don't attack people. If you feel the need to retaliate for something they said about you, that's one thing, but also consider this: It's very hard to tell what a person's "tone" is, based on something they wrote. Some people are just not as articulate. So try to show a little patience.

If someone starts something with you that is personal, or you have a question about something someone said about you, or want to ask them to explain what they meant, don't ruin a thread by asking in the thread. Take it to PM's.

It's kind've like when you're in a company meeting at work, and they open for questions and someone asks something that only applies to _their_ area. Wait until the meeting is over, and ask the person directly in a one on one basis. Don't make everyone else have to listen to something that doesn't concern them. It's the same idea here. Don't start posting crap that no one else wants to hear because it doesn't concern them. Take it to PM's.

And stand by your guns. People gave me **** when I first posted here because I sign all my posts. Every message board on the internet I've been on has people who sign their posts, but ISH users choose not to. I still do, because for me that's "normal". I think everyone's just gotten used to it because I refuse to change for one message board, so they don't ***** about it anymore. And besides, it's a stupid thing to complain about in the first place, and anyone who think it's a big deal is just being a **** as far as I'm concerned.

Mathius

Last edited by Mathius : 01-08-2007 at 07:04 AM.
Mathius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 03:18 PM   #6
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Timmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation here

I've been here since '03, so I will pass along information I've gathered.

1) Don't make absolutely retarded threads about anything stupid. Spam is retarded. People will hate you for that.

2) If your personal opinion is completely different from the general views of the board, don't post saying "agabababa you're all retards!!!! it's blah blah blah and so and so and so." You'll get pounded and people will hate you.

3) Just be yourself. There may be some personality clashes in between, but if you're genuine and act like yourself, people will respect you and your views.

4) Be mature, that one speaks for itself.

5) Lastly, try not to pick fights, because you never know how good that person's comebacks are and you could end up looking very stupid. Now, if a group of posters are attacking someone's post for any reason (see reason 2), it's ok to make comments and make fun of that poster, but make sure you're not alone.

Hope that helps.
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 06:07 PM   #7
InLebronWeTrust
High School Varsity 12th Man

InLebronWeTrust has decent reputation

Quote:

I cant believe this was asked, like its a business or something.

Uh, all i would say is know your basketball and dont try to tell me paul pierce is better than lebron like some idiot did before.
InLebronWeTrust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 06:53 PM   #8
FashionIssues
Smooth Operator

FashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

poorlilrich, you crack me the hell up seriously mayne... don't change nothin...
FashionIssues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 06:56 PM   #9
MetsPackers
new based god

MetsPackers has decent reputation

get rid of that avatar to start off
MetsPackers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 07:01 PM   #10
Juvenile

Juvenile has no real reputation yet.

1. Dont ask stupid questions.
Juvenile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 09:02 PM   #11
poorlilrich
woop woop

poorlilrich is popular on this boardpoorlilrich is popular on this boardpoorlilrich is popular on this boardpoorlilrich is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetsPackers
get rid of that avatar to start off

Old 01-08-2007, 10:11 PM   #12
InLebronWeTrust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juvenile
1. Dont ask stupid questions.

^^ maybe like the thread he started
Old 01-08-2007, 10:32 PM   #13
poorlilrich
woop woop

Quote:
Originally Posted by InLebronWeTrust
^^ maybe like the thread he started

u aint ****, ur opinion aint **** to me, maybe you should stop posting and go

back cocksucking, you ****ing homer.
Old 01-08-2007, 11:20 PM   #14
InLebronWeTrust

Uh ohh.. we gotta a little PO-ed beginner poster

I got a tip. If you wanna swear a lot, you might get banned. Then you'll have to make a new name, and ask how to post again. Because you might have forgotten how to type.
Old 01-08-2007, 11:32 PM   #15
poorlilrich
woop woop

Quote:
Originally Posted by InLebronWeTrust
Uh ohh.. we gotta a little PO-ed beginner poster

I got a tip. If you wanna swear a lot, you might get banned. Then you'll have to make a new name, and ask how to post again. Because you might have forgotten how to type.

ok
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: