Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 02-07-2012, 04:35 PM   #1
demons2005
Local High School Star

Default Rose vs Durant

who would you rather build your team around? I was shocked to see who ESPN picked (but not really when I realized it's ESPN) on the front page, you can only see their first pick unless you have insider, but I won't reveal who I picked until later I am going to work on a huge irrefutable analysis to be posted to this thread tomorrow
demons2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 04:44 PM   #2
hkfosho
Local High School Star

Default Re: Rose vs Durant

damn this is a tough one, its really a toss up but ill go with d rose
hkfosho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 04:48 PM   #3
EnoughSaid
Gooner | Heat Nation

Wow it really is tough . I guess if you want a scorer or go-to-guy, then Durant's a good option. But I'd rather take D-Rose because of how humble, yet still aggressive he is. D-Rose is a beast!
EnoughSaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 04:52 PM   #4
Rnbizzle
Banned

I guess Rose has sort of more of a kille instinct than Durant, considering I kinda still feel like Durant is deferring to Westbrook. But if you need a bucket and you give the ball to both of them, I'll take Durant 9 outta 10 times.

Coming from a Bulls fan.
Rnbizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 05:02 PM   #5
knickswin
Decent college freshman

rose is not as efficient, but he puts an incredible amount of pressure on the defense. watching the knicks play the bulls, they were literally throwing three guys at the top of the key to try to contain rose. i've never seen a player do that before.
knickswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 05:05 PM   #6
blablabla

I would take rose
he seems more aggressive than durant
durant likes to take a backseat at times and let the other do their thing which is not bad he's unselfish but i think he needs to learn when he needs to take over a game, i haven't watched a lot though

Also I think it would be easier to build a great team around Rose, just like it was with Iverson or Lebron, he can do more with less,but with the right team i think it'd be easier to win a ring with durant
blablabla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 05:15 PM   #7
Pushxx
Pushxx

Rose.
Pushxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 05:35 PM   #8
Johnni Gade
Local High School Star

Rose
Johnni Gade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 05:53 PM   #9
ThunderKat
I rule the local playground

No offense, but I get tired of the vs threads. You can't come to ISH without seeing 5 every second.

With that said, Durant.
ThunderKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 05:59 PM   #10
(e)
MJ of ISH *Brotherhood

Rose, but I am a little biased. I really don't think you can go wrong with either player.

Pretty much boils down to would you rather build around a point guard, or a forward because they're on the same level in terms of what they bring to a team imo.
(e) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 06:01 PM   #11
The_Yearning
NBA lottery pick

Rose. It's not as close as people make it out to be.
The_Yearning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 06:06 PM   #12
Fudge
Banned

You cant even go wrong with either one. Its pretty much Magic or Bird for you. Who would you build around out of the two? Not implying that they're even on their level, thats just how close it is. I'd probably have Durant though. Pure biased answer.
Fudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 06:19 PM   #13
donald_trump
im a superhero

an efficient scorer is always more vital than a player who isn't. look at the top 10. all efficient and great scorers bar russell.
a taller, more physical presence is always more vital than a player who isn't. look at the top 10 again. is there a single player shorter than 6'6 in there?
a great defender is essentially a must if you want to be in the top 10. rose still isn't, while durant is getting there, if not already there this season.

its blatantly clear which one has more talent, potential and who is better right now. durant.
i think people forget he's a 6'9 shot maker, with a 7'3 wingspan, great speed and ridiculous potential to go down as one of the greatest defenders ever with his length. if we're talking about physical presences, durant is every bit the athlete lebron is bar the weight, which he is lacking.
donald_trump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 06:22 PM   #14
knickswin
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by donald_trump
an efficient scorer is always more vital than a player who isn't. look at the top 10. all efficient and great scorers bar russell.
a taller, more physical presence is always more vital than a player who isn't. look at the top 10 again. is there a single player shorter than 6'6 in there?
a great defender is essentially a must if you want to be in the top 10. rose still isn't, while durant is getting there, if not already there this season.

its blatantly clear which one has more talent, potential and who is better right now. durant.
i think people forget he's a 6'9 shot maker, with a 7'3 wingspan, great speed and ridiculous potential to go down as one of the greatest defenders ever with his length. if we're talking about physical presences, durant is every bit the athlete lebron is bar the weight, which he is lacking.

Durant is not going to go down as one of the greatest defenders ever . . . he is not that good at it.
knickswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 06:34 PM   #15
arifgokcen
DON'T FEED THE TROLL

e
Quote:
Originally Posted by donald_trump

If you really think durant is even close to lebron in term of athletic ability.You don't know anything about it basketball. Lebron is probably the most athletic wing player in the history. He has by far the best combination of strength and size length quickness speed agility body control we have ever seen. Assuming all the legends about wilt is correct lebron is #2 goat athletic player to ever play the game
arifgokcen is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: