Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > College and High School Basketball Forum

College and High School Basketball Forum College basketball message board, high school basketball message board

Old 01-08-2007, 03:50 PM   #16
PleezeBelieve
#TeamOhio: 73-9

PleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
No team that cannot throw the ball would/could win a championship these days as Nebraska did 10 years ago. Offensive schemes are more like the NFL these days and the elite defenses are just too fast... if you are one-dimensional, you lose. It is not by chance that teams that have been really good at mixing up their play calling have been successful the last 5 years.

Maybe scholarship limits are helping to level the playing field, but there is still a huge gap in the coaching of elite teams compared to non-elites.
Why don't these people understand that with premier recruiting and developed upper-classmen, a team can mature to as close to a perfect team can be...no matter the era. And this is exactly what Ohio State has done. From Troy to Beenie Wells, this team is so balanced that it would be almost impossible for any team to stop them. They go like 5 or 6 deep at receiver, plus their special teams are stellar.

The defense, while not great, they do play an opportunistic defense that creates turnovers and that's all you need when they have the ultimate offense on the other side of the ball

Finally, everything starts and ends with the man on the sidelines, and OSU has a coach who may go down as a top-5 of all time. When this is your second NC game on 5 years...there's really nothing more that needs to be said on that front. That's why I find it funny that guy said this years OSU team wouldn't have been within 14 points of Texas last year. Whatever.

Last edited by PleezeBelieve : 01-08-2007 at 03:52 PM.
PleezeBelieve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 03:53 PM   #17
PleezeBelieve

PleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentatm
Boise State, Louisville, Wake Forrest etc etc etc.
, what are you saying?
Old 01-08-2007, 03:54 PM   #18
kentatm
NBA Legend

kentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by PleezeBelieve
, what are you saying?

that you don't have to be an "elite" team to have good coaching

hell even Tulsa has a great coach.
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 04:07 PM   #19
dak121
College superstar

dak121 is considered somewhat cooldak121 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Why don't these people understand that with premier recruiting and developed upper-classmen, a team can mature to as close to a perfect team can be...no matter the era. And this is exactly what Ohio State has done. From Troy to Beenie Wells, this team is so balanced that it would be almost impossible for any team to stop them. They go like 5 or 6 deep at receiver, plus their special teams are stellar.

The defense, while not great, they do play an opportunistic defense that creates turnovers and that's all you need when they have the ultimate offense on the other side of the ball

Finally, everything starts and ends with the man on the sidelines, and OSU has a coach who may go down as a top-5 of all time. When this is your second NC game on 5 years...there's really nothing more that needs to be said on that front. That's why I find it funny that guy said this years OSU team wouldn't have been within 14 points of Texas last year. Whatever.

Who has Ohio State really played this year? A down Texas team minus Vince Young,(who is a MUCH better QB than Troy Smith) a couple of mediocre teams in Penn State and Iowa, and a Michigan team that was just hammered by USC minue Leinart, White, and Bush. That's not a very strong resume, especially compared to OSUs schedule from last season.

And please stop overrating Troy Smith. He's a nice QB but he would've finished 3rd or 4th for the Heisman last year. Smith is fortunate that the competition didn't play for championship-calibre teams.

This stuff is making me want to pull for Florida tonight. OSU is not a great team.
dak121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 04:11 PM   #20
BFRESH44
College star

BFRESH44 has an OK reputation so far

Two squads I hate...

Can't pull for Ohio State, still bitter about the Fiesta Bowl...

Can't ever pull for the Gayturds (I'm a Cane)..

I pray for an asteroid.

I think Florida taking it though. Watch out for that boy Percy Harvin...He will make a play in this game. And I don't think Ohio State has faced a defense with as much of speed that Florida has.
BFRESH44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 04:23 PM   #21
PleezeBelieve

Quote:
Originally Posted by dak121
Who has Ohio State really played this year? A down Texas team minus Vince Young,(who is a MUCH better QB than Troy Smith) a couple of mediocre teams in Penn State and Iowa, and a Michigan team that was just hammered by USC minue Leinart, White, and Bush. That's not a very strong resume, especially compared to OSUs schedule from last season.

And please stop overrating Troy Smith. He's a nice QB but he would've finished 3rd or 4th for the Heisman last year. Smith is fortunate that the competition didn't play for championship-calibre teams.

This stuff is making me want to pull for Florida tonight. OSU is not a great team.
C'mon man...your disrespect is sickening. All that bullsh*t you wrote, but yet you fail to mention that they dominated every team on their schedule. The closest game they had on the schedule (Michigan) wasn't even as cose as the final score indicated.

When the seasons al said and done, there will be more people that see it my way than your, because numbers don't lie. When you dominate the competition, both on the raod and at home, that's all tha needs to be said. Go ask USC, who lost two games they clearly shouldn't have. But the ability to mentally prepare and execute the game plan is what separates the very good teams from the elite, undefeated teams that are apart of the elite college lore.

You see, Ohio State can't worry about what teams like USC or LSU could've done, because they have done it. That my friend is the main point your missing. Learn to give respect where it's due, buddy.
Old 01-08-2007, 04:26 PM   #22
PleezeBelieve

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFRESH44
Two squads I hate...

Can't pull for Ohio State, still bitter about the Fiesta Bowl...

Can't ever pull for the Gayturds (I'm a Cane)..

I pray for an asteroid.

I think Florida taking it though. Watch out for that boy Percy Harvin...He will make a play in this game. And I don't think Ohio State has faced a defense with as much of speed that Florida has.
How could they have not seen speed like Florida's when Ginn is by far the fastest player on either team? Help me out there, genius.
Old 01-08-2007, 04:29 PM   #23
Howard5Dirk41
Banned

Howard5Dirk41 has an OK reputation so far

I dont like ethier team so I will root for the underdog, Go Florida Gators!
Howard5Dirk41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 04:29 PM   #24
BFRESH44
College star

BFRESH44 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
How could they have not seen speed like Florida's when Ginn is by far the fastest player on either team? Help me out there, genius.

Dumbfawk....

Quote:
And I don't think Ohio State has faced a defense with as much of speed that Florida has.
BFRESH44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 04:42 PM   #25
PleezeBelieve

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFRESH44
Dumbfawk....
Please, get off your "We live in the South, so that must mean we're fast" highhorse. Even if it's true, what you make up with speed, you lose in size. Regardless, Ohio State wil still be able to run on Florida no matter what the circumstances are. If we can run on Michigan, we can run on anyone.
Old 01-08-2007, 04:55 PM   #26
kentatm
NBA Legend

kentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
what you make up with speed, you lose in size.

didn't seem to hurt Boise against OU now did it?

it also didnt hurt Cal against my Aggies either.
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 04:56 PM   #27
Howard5Dirk41
Banned

Howard5Dirk41 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:

well that because the Aggies are a joke of a program.
Howard5Dirk41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 05:03 PM   #28
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Florida will win. Reggie Nelson will be the player of the game.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 05:14 PM   #29
PleezeBelieve

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Florida will win. Reggie Nelson will be the player of the game.
....hater.
Old 01-08-2007, 05:16 PM   #30
PleezeBelieve

Quote:

...but it did hurt Tennessee against Penn State

it also hurt Arkansas against Wisc.

C'mon man, we can play this game all day.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: