Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 02-11-2012, 02:54 PM   #31
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Best US president ever ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by falc39
For me it's easily Thomas Jefferson...

-Fricken author of the Constitution (most major contributor)
-Louisiana Purchase from Napoleon
-Killed the national bank
-Spearheaded the philosophy of freedom and many other libertarian-type ideals, many that are looked up to and sought today.
-Built and designed the University of Virginia.

Not many people know this, but Jefferson was the first American anthropologist. In addition, he was a farmer, architect, lawyer, among other things. He wasn't just practicing these fields, he contributed to innovating them too. For farming, he designed the moldboard plow. He was fluent in five different languages. Incredibly learned man. Knew his history, literature, and economics. His library was considered legendary at the time for a single person. I haven't even touched on his contributions to religious freedom. In terms of American enlightenment, only Benjamin Franklin can hold a candle against him, but he was never a president... The standard this guy sets when it comes to intellectualism is unreal and I don't think we will ever see a president like him (at least in my lifetime).
f*cking brilliant was what he was. his re-written bible remains among the most courageous writings i've ever heard come from any political leader. fearless.

he was also very balanced and as far from an ideologue as you could get, understood compromise very well, would always bend his most fervent beliefs for the sake of the union... as long as the bending wasn't coming at the motherland's expense.

love the stuff about his manual labour/farming ingenuity btw, i didn't know he delved into that side of the world so extensively
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 03:39 PM   #32
LBJMVP
Cavaliers!

LBJMVP has decent reputationLBJMVP has decent reputation

i havent really learned to much about teddy roosevelt (only the normal high school stuff)

but from what i do know, the guy was a badass.
plus the teddy bear is named after him
LBJMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 06:32 PM   #33
1987_Lakers
Very good NBA starter

1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here1987_Lakers has an incredible reputation here

Thomas Jefferson & Teddy Roosevelt are the presidents I most admire, they got shit done.

Washington tends to get overrated just because he was our first president & FDR gets too much credit for ending The Great Depression.

1. Lincoln
2. T. Roosevelt
3. Jefferson
1987_Lakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 07:09 PM   #34
detroitkid816
Serious playground baller

detroitkid816 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:

-Spearheaded the philosophy of freedom and many other libertarian-type ideals, many that are looked up to and sought today.

Not many people know this, but Jefferson was the first American anthropologist. In addition, he was a farmer, architect, lawyer, among other things. He wasn't just practicing these fields, he contributed to innovating them too. For farming, he designed the moldboard plow. He was fluent in five different languages. Incredibly learned man. Knew his history, literature, and economics. His library was considered legendary at the time for a single person. I haven't even touched on his contributions to religious freedom. In terms of American enlightenment, only Benjamin Franklin can hold a candle against him, but he was never a president... The standard this guy sets when it comes to intellectualism is unreal and I don't think we will ever see a president like him (at least in my lifetime).
huh
detroitkid816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 07:14 PM   #35
Lebron23
Most Valuable Player

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

George Washington
Abraham Lincoln
Thomas Jefferson
Franklin Delano Roosevelt
Bill Clinton
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 07:29 PM   #36
raiderfan19
Shazam!

raiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Uh james Madison would more appropriately be called the author of the constitution
raiderfan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 07:29 PM   #37
falc39
Good High School Starter

falc39 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by detroitkid816
huh

hey good catch, its the declaration of independence that he wrote, not the constitution.
falc39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 09:15 PM   #38
Heilige
An Icon Forever

Heilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation here

Quote:

Thomas Jefferson had slaves, so don't you think he was sort of a hypocrite?
Heilige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 09:23 PM   #39
Osiris
Banned

Osiris has an incredible reputation hereOsiris has an incredible reputation hereOsiris has an incredible reputation hereOsiris has an incredible reputation hereOsiris has an incredible reputation hereOsiris has an incredible reputation hereOsiris has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebron23
George Washington
Abraham Lincoln
Thomas Jefferson
Franklin Delano Roosevelt
Bill Clinton

Isn't it amazing that the U.S. is so huge that even little girls in the Philippines know our former Presidents?
Osiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 09:25 PM   #40
Styles p
NBA rookie of the year

Styles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

clinton and lincoln **** reagan he's the reason for the never ending war on drugs.
Styles p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 09:37 PM   #41
QUIZZLE
Sugar. Give me. Sugar.

QUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this board

Monica Blewinksy Votes Bill Clitton
QUIZZLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 09:40 PM   #42
CelticBaller
Maimi Heat

CelticBaller has an incredible reputation hereCelticBaller has an incredible reputation hereCelticBaller has an incredible reputation hereCelticBaller has an incredible reputation hereCelticBaller has an incredible reputation hereCelticBaller has an incredible reputation here

mah ***** Lincoln was a vampire hunter
CelticBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 11:39 PM   #43
magnax1
hero of the bible

magnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

There are people who really think Clinton is the best president ever? I kind of like him, but that's just ludicrous. Same with Reagan, though I honestly don't have any appreciation for him at all even though I am moderately conservative.
magnax1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 12:21 AM   #44
G-Funk
Palm Trees & Gangsters

G-Funk has decent reputation

theodore roosevelt
G-Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 02:04 AM   #45
MasterDurant24
National High School Star

MasterDurant24 is a pretty well-respected posterMasterDurant24 is a pretty well-respected posterMasterDurant24 is a pretty well-respected poster

Thomas Jefferson was probably the most racist president lol.
MasterDurant24 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: