Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 01-13-2013, 09:46 PM   #46
longhornfan1234
Local High School Star

longhornfan1234 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardlonghornfan1234 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardlonghornfan1234 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardlonghornfan1234 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardlonghornfan1234 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardlonghornfan1234 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardlonghornfan1234 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardlonghornfan1234 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardlonghornfan1234 has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default Re: Best US president ever ?

It's between Reagan, Lincoln, and Eisenhower. There's no debate.
longhornfan1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 09:49 PM   #47
longhornfan1234
Local High School Star

longhornfan1234 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardlonghornfan1234 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardlonghornfan1234 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardlonghornfan1234 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardlonghornfan1234 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardlonghornfan1234 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardlonghornfan1234 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardlonghornfan1234 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardlonghornfan1234 has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConanRulesNBC
Bill Clinton and FDR

Clinton is so overrated. Clinton shouldn't be mentioned in the same breathe as FDR.
longhornfan1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 09:55 PM   #48
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterDurant24
Thomas Jefferson was probably the most racist president lol.

So youre saying hew was the best?
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 10:15 PM   #49
Kews1
BostonCeltics

Kews1 is a pretty well-respected posterKews1 is a pretty well-respected posterKews1 is a pretty well-respected posterKews1 is a pretty well-respected poster

Clinton has always been my personal favorite
Kews1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 10:16 PM   #50
MMM
877-954-1893

MMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heilige
Thomas Jefferson had slaves, so don't you think he was sort of a hypocrite?

The cute idea of freedom is always evolving. In 200 years from now(if we even make it that far) I wonder what they would be saying about our notion of freedom??
MMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 10:18 PM   #51
MMM
877-954-1893

MMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation here

my personal favorite is Nixon, more so because I find his persona interesting. How can someone who had all his self doubts and paranoia reach the highest office in the land???
Old 01-13-2013, 10:24 PM   #52
miller-time
NBA sixth man of the year

miller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM
my personal favorite is Nixon, more so because I find his persona interesting. How can someone who had all his self doubts and paranoia reach the highest office in the land???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gVESsj9okI
miller-time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 10:28 PM   #53
MMM
877-954-1893

Quote:
Originally Posted by miller-time

Can you describe the video I can't access it from work
Old 01-13-2013, 10:33 PM   #54
miller-time
NBA sixth man of the year

miller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM
Can you describe the video I can't access it from work

Just a Futurama Nixon video, they are talking about why they would/wouldn't vote for him.

I love Futurama's Nixon.
miller-time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 10:43 PM   #55
MMM
877-954-1893

Quote:
Originally Posted by miller-time
Just a Futurama Nixon video, they are talking about why they would/wouldn't vote for him.

I love Futurama's Nixon.

Quote:
The only one who's changed is me. I've become more bitter and, let's face it, crazy over the years. And when I'm swept into office, I'll sell our children's organs to zoos for meat, and I'll go into people's houses at night and wreck up the place!

my fav Nixon quote, I also love Evil Lincoln
Old 01-13-2013, 11:06 PM   #56
KingBeasley08
World's Finest

KingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Abe.
KingBeasley08 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 01:47 AM   #57
Bandito
Banned

Bandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Who killed vampires when they were still president? That's my favorite president.
Bandito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 02:17 AM   #58
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Timmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Washington, Lincoln, Jefferson, FDR on my short list.

I have Washington out front. Many posts in this thread talk about him being overrated but I believe he is in fact underrated.

There are Presidents who have accomplished more during their Presidency, but Washington's impact on the office itself cannot be overstated. I really believe that ANY other man from Jefferson, to Madison, etc. and the U.S. would not have been as successful in those early years, and may have in fact collapsed a bit. (I don't think completely because along with Washington you had a large collection of extremely capable politicians, which is something the British didn't take into account... and I'm getting off track).

Washington is still the standard bearer for the office. Here, I advise you to read his farewell address.

All of the founding fathers, indeed even the Revolution itself, if muddled with myth these days, but Washington is the one man that, the farther I go into history, he still seems to live up to it.
Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 07:27 AM   #59
embersyc
Lurker

embersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heilige
Thomas Jefferson had slaves, so don't you think he was sort of a hypocrite?

Regarding Jefferson's slaves:

He was given them when he was 14, and was not legally allowed to free them. He actually tried hard to do so, and was a vocal opponent of slavery. He just lived in the wrong times politically to get anything done about it.

I'm sure he could of fought of harder against slavery, especially as president, although doing so would of political suicide during his time.
embersyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 08:54 AM   #60
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: