Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 02-11-2012, 06:26 PM   #31
Abd El-Krim
Decent college freshman

Abd El-Krim has an incredible reputation hereAbd El-Krim has an incredible reputation hereAbd El-Krim has an incredible reputation hereAbd El-Krim has an incredible reputation hereAbd El-Krim has an incredible reputation hereAbd El-Krim has an incredible reputation hereAbd El-Krim has an incredible reputation hereAbd El-Krim has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: ever get with a girl you work with?

Quote:
Originally Posted by andgar923
I wrote about my experience last year.

It was hell for me for 6 long months, I simply couldn't function at work. If she was there I spent my time trying to spend time with her, when she wasn't there, I spent my time thinking about her. I was like you, this girl is pretty, cute, sweet, sexy, she was my type to a tee. There's other girls where I work, some that are wayyy hotter, and not to brag, but some of them want me (badly). But I don't care for them at all. This girl tho, drove me crazy like only 1 other girl has in my life.

But there was some major problems.

For starters, we work together... and I've been there and done that, and it doesn't work well, unless it's purely sexual... even then.

And worst part of all.....

She's married with a kid, I'm engaged.

I tried my hardest to get over her, but I couldn't. So I finally told her how I felt.

I can't stand her now, she's a selfish c#nt attention whore. Not because she didn't feel the same, on the contrary. She never told me how she felt, even tho if we kept hanging out with each other, both of us would've fallen in love and she would've left her husband. She actually told my other co-worker how I "messed things up". And as we all know women, she had a plan... my guess is she wanted me to breakup with my fiancé so we could have a shot.

Moral of this long winded story is, it's gonna end up badly 90% of the time.

lol @ you messing things up. What things? It's a risky enough situation as is but when both people are in relationships it has to end messy for somebody. And even had you been happy as a person can be - everyone you work with would be talking shit about how you'd gotten together and passing judgment about you as people. No win situation there. Sounds like you're lucky to have gotten out of that one.
Abd El-Krim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 06:46 PM   #32
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

andgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abd El-Krim
lol @ you messing things up. What things? It's a risky enough situation as is but when both people are in relationships it has to end messy for somebody. And even had you been happy as a person can be - everyone you work with would be talking shit about how you'd gotten together and passing judgment about you as people. No win situation there. Sounds like you're lucky to have gotten out of that one.

I've always asked myself what exactly did I mess up. I'll never know cause we don't speak at all.

I didn't want people to be gossiping about us, but she opened her mouth and told people how I felt about her. She didn't solely tell her closest friend at work, she told damn near everybody behind my back. Why? I have no clue and I'll probably never know. Can you imagine if people at work knew how you felt about this girl behind your back? utter humiliation, I hated going to work, and hearing slight comments directed at me or behind my back. Seeing/hearing people whispering and then smile at me. People that were really cool and close to me were now acting distant, as it I had done something wrong. It was an awful time for me, not just at work but in general, cause it was always on my mind.

I share all this cause one never knows what they'll get into. You obviously have 'feelings' for this girl, and it isn't just a sexual attraction. Not to say that this will happen to you, but it's something to consider.

I'm not sure how your job is structured, or what your duties are, but my performance at work changed dramatically. Bad enough that my manager warned me about my performance, and I thought about quitting. Not just getting transferred, but actually quit altogether. One doesn't know how things will evolve or how they'll turn out, until it's too late.

Keep clear dude.
andgar923 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 06:56 PM   #33
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
How would an up front conversation about that go? That's not really my style either. In this instance we both know each other pretty well so I suppose there could be some sort of graceful way to address the topic of workplace relationships ahead of time. Experience just makes me shy away from that. Nothing gets you friend-zoned faster than telling a girl you like her, you have to show her. She is very career oriented so for all I know she has the same reservations if not more. And of course, there's no way to discuss the possibility of her being batshit.
i meant a conversation post-split if that's what it comes to, as a way to confront the potential awkwardness head on. but then like you said, the batshit scenario is always possible and totally unpredictable, and if that's the case, the conversation could go... poorly.

that's a f*cking rough story andgar. never know how the chick will react, so you gotta be pretty damn certain before you try anything drastic.
RidonKs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 02:07 AM   #34
StateProperty
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

StateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Low
Don't do it don't do it don't do it.

The way to go: keep in touch with them on a friendship level and once one of you finds another job, call/text and say you miss working with them, meet up for lunch, proceed to smash. But NOT while you still work together
This exact situation is going on with me right now within the last 3 weeks. Working to perfection. I've gotten with girls I've worked with and it sucks. Besides the awkwardness when things aren't going well, everyone is nosey and in your business. Whether its going good or bad. Don't do it.
StateProperty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 08:40 AM   #35
nathanjizzle
life is exasperating

nathanjizzle is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
For the past month I've been crushing like some schoolboy bitch on this girl I work with. She's clearly into me, but I'm hesitant to make a move. We are both well-established at the company, and I'm worried that if it goes bad shit could be awkward as all hell.

Can this type of thing ever end well? I feel like she's the type I could settle down with. Please advise, ISH.

ur right, Walmart is a big company. Dont jeopardize your chances of advancing to manager.
nathanjizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 07:08 PM   #36
Abd El-Krim
Decent college freshman

Abd El-Krim has an incredible reputation hereAbd El-Krim has an incredible reputation hereAbd El-Krim has an incredible reputation hereAbd El-Krim has an incredible reputation hereAbd El-Krim has an incredible reputation hereAbd El-Krim has an incredible reputation hereAbd El-Krim has an incredible reputation hereAbd El-Krim has an incredible reputation here

Update - I'd been avoiding the shit out of this girl and pretty much forgot about her but last Friday I happened to be thinking with my dick and at the same time she made a strong play via text (I'm home and lonely with a bottle of vodka - might as well said 'come **** me').

On top of the extended buildup this was one of the sloppiest/roughest/drunken ham ****s I've ever dished out. Really good stuff - but I also screwed her straight out of my head and woke up wanting nothing to do with her.

So I made up a bunch of reasons why I was busy to get through the weekend but this week has been ugly. She's been stopping by with unusual frequency, always with some bs picture to show me on her phone or random story to relate. It couldn't be more obvious to people I work by that she has my jizz in her brain. And when she's not at my desk she's iming me and distracting the hell out of me. Plus she's asked me to go to some out of town wedding next week, and to do all this shit with her friends this weekend.

I must be stupid. There's nothing remotely special about this girl, I was just always seeing her at work where she acts and looks at the top of her game. That much couldn't be more clear, in retrospect. My only reason for even wanting to hit it again is so I can get her alone and in a situation where I can tell her I want to be discreet about things and hopefully slow this train down.

So yeah, oops.
Abd El-Krim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 07:26 PM   #37
Derka
Go C's!

Derka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Never.

Never with chicks I meet at a bar and never with chicks I work with. I won't even screw around with chicks I work with.
Derka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 07:42 PM   #38
G-Funk
Palm Trees & Gangsters

G-Funk has decent reputation

im so tempted to smash on this chick but its dangerous
G-Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 08:56 PM   #39
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Update - I'd been avoiding the shit out of this girl and pretty much forgot about her but last Friday I happened to be thinking with my dick and at the same time she made a strong play via text (I'm home and lonely with a bottle of vodka - might as well said 'come **** me').

On top of the extended buildup this was one of the sloppiest/roughest/drunken ham ****s I've ever dished out. Really good stuff - but I also screwed her straight out of my head and woke up wanting nothing to do with her.

So I made up a bunch of reasons why I was busy to get through the weekend but this week has been ugly. She's been stopping by with unusual frequency, always with some bs picture to show me on her phone or random story to relate. It couldn't be more obvious to people I work by that she has my jizz in her brain. And when she's not at my desk she's iming me and distracting the hell out of me. Plus she's asked me to go to some out of town wedding next week, and to do all this shit with her friends this weekend.

I must be stupid. There's nothing remotely special about this girl, I was just always seeing her at work where she acts and looks at the top of her game. That much couldn't be more clear, in retrospect. My only reason for even wanting to hit it again is so I can get her alone and in a situation where I can tell her I want to be discreet about things and hopefully slow this train down.

So yeah, oops.
You gotta know who you messing with. You can't mash everyone at work. I mashed this one chick, and we just keep it 100 between us. We're not all over each other and shit.

Now, there is this other broad that I know if I ash here, she probably would never leave me be.
L.Kizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 09:55 PM   #40
Heilige
An Icon Forever

Heilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation here

Quote:

So yeah, oops.

Earlier you said she was funny, smart, sexy, etc so what changed about her? She doesn't have those qualities anymore?
Heilige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 09:56 PM   #41
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heilige
Earlier you said she was funny, smart, sexy, etc so what changed about her? She doesn't have those qualities anymore?
Every chick is funny, smart and sexy before you really get to know them. Once you get to know them, they are annoying, stupid and ugly.
L.Kizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 10:57 PM   #42
mmsupra
MDOTM

mmsupra is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermmsupra is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermmsupra is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermmsupra is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermmsupra is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermmsupra is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermmsupra is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermmsupra is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermmsupra is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I met my girl which is now my wife at the same work place, she ended up quitting when we got more serious.
mmsupra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 11:37 PM   #43
magic chiongson
I post-up midgets

magic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

my current girl work at the same company i'm at, but i'd hardly call us workmates. we barely see each other at work and i have never personally worked together with her, although i did work closely with her boss, that's how i found her
magic chiongson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 11:38 PM   #44
magic chiongson
I post-up midgets

magic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
Every chick is funny, smart and sexy before you really get to know them. Once you get to know them, they are annoying, stupid and ugly.

you must have only met the annoying,stupid,ugly ones

or maybe you meant this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
Every chick is funny, smart and sexy before you really get to know them. Once you get married, they are annoying, stupid and ugly.
magic chiongson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 01:14 AM   #45
ShannonElements
turns illusions for $

ShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Tried it, didn't work out. Something went wrong/changed; not sure what. But anyway now there's an awkwardness I could live without. I guess you should just stay away from work chicks unless you think they're wifey material.
ShannonElements is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: