Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 01-28-2012, 01:49 AM   #1
LiLharvard
I see GREEN people..

LiLharvard has an OK reputation so far
Default Paul Pierce w/o rondo vs Pierce w/ Rondo

Pierce without rondo
26.3ppg 5.3rpg and 8.8apg
Boston w/o rondo

Team record 4-0

Rondo and Pierce together
Rondo - 15ppg 9apg 5rpg
Pierce - 12ppg 4rpg 5apg

Team record 5-9

January 11 - Dallas v Boston 99-96 L - Rondo 24pts 8/16 - Pierce 7pts 2/5
January 18 - Toronto v Boston 73-96 W Rondo 21Pts 7/8 - Pierce 8pts 3/10
LiLharvard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 01:59 AM   #2
Rekindled
Pringles Reborn

Rekindled posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryRekindled posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryRekindled posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry
Default Re: Paul Pierce w/o rondo vs Pierce w/ Rondo

rondo+JO for amare.
Rekindled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 02:06 AM   #3
roffie
Local High School Star

roffie is considered somewhat coolroffie is considered somewhat coolroffie is considered somewhat cool

Paul pierce was still recovering from his inury though in yhose games. It seems like he has found his pace again. He shud be able to continue to perform on this level when rondos back. With less assists ofc
roffie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 02:08 AM   #4
ZenMaster
Whap'em

ZenMaster is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterZenMaster is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterZenMaster is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterZenMaster is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterZenMaster is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterZenMaster is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterZenMaster is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterZenMaster is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Could have sworn Pierce and Rondo have played more than 14 games together...
ZenMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 02:20 AM   #5
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenMaster
Could have sworn Pierce and Rondo have played more than 14 games together...
Seriously...it's like some of us have forgotten the last 5 years.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 02:49 AM   #6
LiLharvard
I see GREEN people..

I'm on an iPhone and couldn t fit the rest of my post in but essentially I was just showing you how much better of a player pierce is when he dominates the ball and i put those games/ stats to show you that when rondo dominates the ball, pierce will almost always have a bad game. Doc needs to find a way to make them both effective at the same time I'm also open to the idea of having ray Allen on the bench filling a role similar to that of jet terry

Last edited by LiLharvard : 01-28-2012 at 02:54 AM.
Old 01-28-2012, 02:52 AM   #7
BlueandGold
bball/boxing

BlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Uh no, I would trust Rondo with the ball in his hands over Pierce any day. You know that's what PGs are for you know.
BlueandGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 02:54 AM   #8
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiLharvard
I'm on an iPhone and could t fit the rest of my post in but essentially I was just showing you how much better of a player pierce when he dominates the ball and input those games/ stats to show you that when rondo dominates the ball, pierce will almost always have a bad game
Pierce started the season injured and has since gotten ealthier. That's the real difference.You're making an issue of a quarter-season when we have years of Pierce and Rondo o review. Makes no sense.
Old 01-28-2012, 03:04 AM   #9
LiLharvard
I see GREEN people..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
Pierce started the season injured and has since gotten ealthier. That's the real difference.You're making an issue of a quarter-season when we have years of Pierce and Rondo o review. Makes no sense.
I'm not making an issue I'm merely speculating. None of us know. But what we do know is Celtics are playing darn good basketball without 2 key players and I love rondo he is the best player in the team but I think he can make pierce even better maybe Pierce comes off the bench and leads the second unit just like he's doing Im not sure but I really like the way we are playing with Pierce as the facilitator. Even last year when Pierce was healthy there were times where he took a back seat to
rondos outstanding play and produces no offense and it's just frustrating because he play shit he's a rhythm player who needs many touches early and then he takes over ..I'm a rondo homer but a Celtic fan before any player I don't care for their stats all I want is banner 18 with the same group and we have beat 2 strong teams with great play I know doc will do the right thing because a change has to be made when rondo and Allen come back

Last edited by LiLharvard : 01-28-2012 at 03:06 AM.
Old 01-28-2012, 03:41 AM   #10
I.R.Beast
National High School Star

I.R.Beast is starting to rub some people the wrong wayI.R.Beast is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
I'm on an iPhone and couldn t fit the rest of my post in but essentially I was just showing you how much better of a player pierce is when he dominates the ball and i put those games/ stats to show you that when rondo dominates the ball, pierce will almost always have a bad game. Doc needs to find a way to make them both effective at the same time I'm also open to the idea of having ray Allen on the bench filling a role similar to that of jet terry
its simple...stop forcing the offense through rondo....That's not a recipe for success our offense has had the tendency to become stagnant ever since we've handed the keys to the offense to rondo. Lets get back to 07....making plays by committee with pierce doin his thing.
I.R.Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 04:13 AM   #11
LiLharvard
I see GREEN people..

Quote:
Originally Posted by I.R.Beast
its simple...stop forcing the offense through rondo....That's not a recipe for success our offense has had the tendency to become stagnant ever since we've handed the keys to the offense to rondo. Lets get back to 07....making plays by committee with pierce doin his thing.
I think so, rondo has improved but the added pressure of offense is taking away from his play making ability. Pierce is killing it right now no other way to put it and we dont want to disrupt that. I was just reading a recent kg interview about how important pierce is to the team and how his scoring overshadows all the other little things he does. Can't wait for Cleveland, doc is defs making changes there's no question this team is playing different and if we go back to the same formula before the injuries we ain't getting no W's
Old 02-03-2012, 06:45 PM   #12
LiLharvard
I see GREEN people..

It seems this thread wasn't so outlandish seeing as almost every sports network and website is posing the same question. -looking at you RMG

The question I posed was, Does Pierce and Rondo in tandem, hold each other back? I find the situation similar to the Miami heats problem with Lebron and Wade struggling to run the offense together, both teams have 2 great playmakers but like the celtics they have only seen positive results with one of them in the lineup.
With Pierce and Rondo, its no longer a question of if, it's who? Which Player do you think is better being the sole leader of the offense? It's a very tough question because both players have excelled whilst riding solo and as you will see both players have almost identical stats. When Pierce was out with his heel injury, Rondo was putting up 22 & 10 per. compared to his 13 and 9 when sharing the playmaking duties with Pierce. In the past 8 games though, with Rondo out, Pierce has also put up 22 and 8 in comparison to 15 and 4 with Rondo in the lineup.
So statistically, the two are neck and neck with Rondo having a slight edge in the assists department. However, Pierce has the overall advantage with leading the team to a 7-2 record compared to Rondo's 0-3 record.

If I'm Danny Ainge I'm looking at these stats, I'm thinking to myself if I trade one of these players the team isn't going to regress it will stay the same ( last 10 games 7-2) Trading Pierce with his current form could net some pretty good value and on the other hand we can trade Rondo to make some noise in the Dwight Howard stakes.
Old 02-03-2012, 06:47 PM   #13
blablabla

blablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Rondo for Chandler
blablabla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 06:53 PM   #14
JGXEN
COOL STORY BRAHHHHHHH

JGXEN is starting to rub some people the wrong way

The beauty of Pierce is that he does not need the ball in his hands often to be effective. He can work as a point forward like he's been for the games which Rondo were out for, or he can be another facilitator on offense when Rondo plays by either scoring or helping Rondo to make plays as well. You must remember Paul is 34 years old. He cant keep up with this amazing production for long. Which is why Rondo is so important because he makes it easy for the big three or any player on the team to score with his great playmaking and passing ability.

The reason why we struggled earlier was probably due to the newcomers learning our system and Paul, who was and is our best scorer, had lacklustre performances as he tried to shake off his heel injury.

So dont worry too much man
JGXEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 07:16 PM   #15
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Quote:
It seems this thread wasn't so outlandish seeing as almost every sports network and website is posing the same question. -looking at you RMG

The question I posed was, Does Pierce and Rondo in tandem, hold each other back? I find the situation similar to the Miami heats problem with Lebron and Wade struggling to run the offense together, both teams have 2 great playmakers but like the celtics they have only seen positive results with one of them in the lineup.
With Pierce and Rondo, its no longer a question of if, it's who? Which Player do you think is better being the sole leader of the offense? It's a very tough question because both players have excelled whilst riding solo and as you will see both players have almost identical stats. When Pierce was out with his heel injury, Rondo was putting up 22 & 10 per. compared to his 13 and 9 when sharing the playmaking duties with Pierce. In the past 8 games though, with Rondo out, Pierce has also put up 22 and 8 in comparison to 15 and 4 with Rondo in the lineup.
So statistically, the two are neck and neck with Rondo having a slight edge in the assists department. However, Pierce has the overall advantage with leading the team to a 7-2 record compared to Rondo's 0-3 record.

If I'm Danny Ainge I'm looking at these stats, I'm thinking to myself if I trade one of these players the team isn't going to regress it will stay the same ( last 10 games 7-2) Trading Pierce with his current form could net some pretty good value and on the other hand we can trade Rondo to make some noise in the Dwight Howard stakes.
Don't look at me, look at 2 Finals appearances. You are ignoring 5 years of great basketball because the team went 7-2 over 9 games. I don't want to get into what I really think of this discussion because I'm trying to be a less offensive poster. You're going to trade Rondo to get Howard? Really? Why would Orlando trade Dwight Howard for a guy that (according to you) isn't more valuable than Paul Pierce? And Howard will sign on with a team that has no star under 34? And somehow Rondo is 0-3? Was Garnett 0-3? There's a lot that goes into wins and losses beyond the control of the best player.

Far more important: The team is averaging well under 100 points over the last 9 games. You think this is the best the offense can possibly be? Because I don't. I'm fairly sure that when Rondo returns he will do a better job running the offense than Bradley (what's he average, 6 and 3?) while Pierce still does his thing. Rondo is a facilitator that makes it easier for Pierce to score and Pierce is a scorer/shooter that makes it easier for Rondo to get the team baskets. They compliment each other and have been a part of years of success.

But you want to run wild over 9 games? Amazing.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: