Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 02-11-2012, 04:12 AM   #1
talkingconch
College superstar

talkingconch is considered somewhat cooltalkingconch is considered somewhat cool
Default Favorite Hot sauce

talkingconch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 04:13 AM   #2
SourPatchKids
Banned

SourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Favorite Hot sauce

Baboon's ass gone rabid.
SourPatchKids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 04:15 AM   #3
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

andgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Trick question, since Chalula and Tapatio are completely different.

I will give the nod to Tapatio because it's the most versatile of any hot sauce. There's some that are hotter and more flavorful, but Tapatio takes the cake.
andgar923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 04:45 AM   #4
blablabla

blablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

blablabla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 04:51 AM   #5
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

andgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by blablabla

Well played sir... well played.

andgar923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 08:37 AM   #6
RoseCity07
NBA Legend

RoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by blablabla

He looks like DL Hughley.

Anyway, good thread. My mexican side has really been developing these past few years and I'm looking for a good hot sauce.
RoseCity07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 02:31 AM   #7
Solidape
Great young streetballer

Solidape is considered somewhat coolSolidape is considered somewhat coolSolidape is considered somewhat cool

[/quote]

I concur this message!
Solidape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 02:45 AM   #8
Lamar Doom
Fresh Kid Turned Rotten

Lamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Cholula is my favorite of the grocery store brand mexican hot sauces. I also nominate Siracha as a leader of mainstream hot sauces. Some of them (as well as the louisiana/tabasco style sauces) just end up being heat and vinegar with no real flavor. They're nice all purpose sauces, but here are a couple that have a unique flavor as well

both awesome on eggs, chicken, potatoes, etc.

I'm a fan of quite a few jamaican jerk sauces as well but I don't know that they qualify as the hot sauces you're looking for in this discussion.

There's really good web sites for crazy varieties of hot sauce, I highly recommend exploring them, it's more expensive than the 99 cent shit but well worth it. If you live in LA there's a killer hot sauce store at the Grove farmer's market
Lamar Doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 03:12 AM   #9
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

the truly best hot sauces are the fresh ones made the same day. bottled hot sauces with their typical high vinegar content are simply not in the same league.

a sample recipe: take the following--
2 medium-hot fresh peppers (most varieties work)
1 small red eggplant
1 small onion (optional)
1/4 cup fresh cilantro (optional)

puree in food processor. use a small amount of olive oil and water to avoid sticking and keep the blades moving.

heaven.

the red eggplant makes it smooth, creamy and rich-tasting without a bit of actual mayonnaise, egg whites, etc. only problem is, i've no idea where to get those eggplants in the states. backup would be a small piece from a regular purple eggplant if you can find a mild-tasting variety...
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 03:41 AM   #10
imdaman99
Knicks all da way

imdaman99 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterimdaman99 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterimdaman99 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterimdaman99 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterimdaman99 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterimdaman99 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterimdaman99 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterimdaman99 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterimdaman99 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterimdaman99 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

franks red hot, i put that shit on everything
imdaman99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 03:44 AM   #11
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

Meticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigantes
the truly best hot sauces are the fresh ones made the same day. bottled hot sauces with their typical high vinegar content are simply not in the same league.
Meticode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 03:49 AM   #12
ImmortalNemesis
Not Russia 2018

ImmortalNemesis is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableImmortalNemesis is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableImmortalNemesis is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableImmortalNemesis is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableImmortalNemesis is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableImmortalNemesis is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableImmortalNemesis is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableImmortalNemesis is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableImmortalNemesis is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableImmortalNemesis is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableImmortalNemesis is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Tapatio and Valentina are the best but I make my own salsa all the time.
ImmortalNemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 05:09 AM   #13
Marv_Albert
GUESS WHO'S BACK

Marv_Albert has not been impressing people

http://moderndaymoms.com/wp-content/...09/tabasco.png

Can't beat the O.G
Marv_Albert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 10:09 AM   #14
AboveTheRim.
Great young streetballer

AboveTheRim. is popular on this boardAboveTheRim. is popular on this boardAboveTheRim. is popular on this boardAboveTheRim. is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by imdaman99

franks red hot, i put that shit on everything

Seconded. This stuff has great flavor
AboveTheRim. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 01:00 PM   #15
KevinNYC
Toronto Mayor Rob Ford

KevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Cholula is good. I like their Chipotle.
Frank's great when craving that vinegar taste...in fact, I like their premade buffalo sauce flavor.

Melinda's makes some great sauces and they are pretty widely available. There are able to create a haberno sauce that has flavor and not just heat. Their mustard sauce is great too.

I used to work for a hot sauce magazine and once got to visit a Scotch Bonnet field in Jamaica. I got to taste a lot of specialty sauces and I have to say my favorite was Smoking Habs from a small producer in NY state. It's chipotle, haberno and mole flavored. It's really good.

The label also has a three chiles smoking a joint and an argument for marijuana legalization on it. This probably explains why this is not in supermarkets and why the company's blog has one post on it in two years.

But if you are really in hot sauce or know a hot sauce head, try this one.
KevinNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: