Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 02-11-2012, 03:49 AM   #1
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Fruits or Vegetables; choose one for the rest of your life.

My initial thought was Fruits, no doubt. But then I started thinking about all the Veggies I cook/eat in foods...

I'd go with Veggies, but man oh man are there some Fruits I would miss. Feel free to list some of your favorites, and why you would choose one over the other.

Fruits:

Apples
Oranges
Bananas
Grapes
Avocado
Pineapple
Raspberries
Raisins
Tomatoes
Strawberries
Apricots
Peaches
Plums
Cherries
Kiwi
Guava
Watermelon

Vegetables:

Broccoli
Spinach
Lettuce
Onions
Carrots
Celery
Tomatoes
Potatoes
Peppers
Cabbage
Cucumbers
Beans
Peas
Artichokes
Corn
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 04:09 AM   #2
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Fruits or Vegetables; choose one for the rest of your life.

Fruits:

Apples
Oranges
Bananas
Grapes

Avocado
Pineapple
Raspberries
Raisins
Tomatoes
Strawberries
Apricots
Peaches

Plums
Cherries
Kiwi
Guava
Watermelon

Vegetables:

Broccoli
Spinach
Lettuce
Onions
Carrots
Celery
Tomatoes
Potatoes
Peppers
Cabbage
Cucumbers
Beans
Peas
Artichokes
Corn

The bolded ones are the only ones I eat straight, so definitely fruit for me. Btw, tomatoes is on both of your lists.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 04:17 AM   #3
jaydacris
Rose

jaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablejaydacris is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

id have to go with veggies
just too prevalent in my common main meals
jaydacris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 04:26 AM   #4
Stuckey
ifirtworld

Stuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputation

fruits are sweeter

but fries are made from potatoes, so it's a hard pick
Stuckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 05:01 AM   #5
Killbot
KillImpaleLiquefyLynch

Killbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I can't cook, so fruits.
Killbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 05:16 AM   #6
Out_In_Utah
High School JV MVP

Out_In_Utah is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableOut_In_Utah is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableOut_In_Utah is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableOut_In_Utah is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableOut_In_Utah is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableOut_In_Utah is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableOut_In_Utah is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableOut_In_Utah is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableOut_In_Utah is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableOut_In_Utah is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableOut_In_Utah is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

People should keep in mind all the treats (pies, jelly filled stuff) and juices that have fruit.
Out_In_Utah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 05:29 AM   #7
NotYetGreat
Great college starter

NotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputation

Damn, this is a TOUGH question. Intuition tells me to go with the greens, but I just can't imagine a life without avocados (? - not sure what's been made of the herb-fruit debates), coconuts, mangos, bananas (? - same as avocados), apples, oranges, and pineapples, plus potatoes and corn (although I've been avoiding corn) supposedly aren't vegetables either. However, if potatoes are in (both regular and sweet), I might be able to tolerate going fruit-free.
NotYetGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 05:31 AM   #8
DMV2
Keep on Rockin in...

DMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Vegetables, and it ain't close.

Only fruit I really like is banana, everything else is OK.

Vegetables- I dig spinach, lettuce, carrots and potatoes.
DMV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 06:54 AM   #9
iamgine

iamgine is considered somewhat cooliamgine is considered somewhat cooliamgine is considered somewhat cool

I definitely think vegetables is the winner here.

Potatoes = french fries and chips. That's a big deal right there. Then there's tofu. Moreover, Beans are also vegetable. Along with lots of spices like garlic and onion. Oh and seaweed. Those things alone will make me choose vegetable over fruit.

And they can make meat replacement from vegetables. Not as good as real one but not as bad as some make it either.
iamgine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 07:53 AM   #10
LBJ 23
Local High School Star

LBJ 23 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLBJ 23 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLBJ 23 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLBJ 23 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLBJ 23 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLBJ 23 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLBJ 23 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLBJ 23 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Vegetables and from a health standpoint it's not even close...
LBJ 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 07:58 AM   #11
NotYetGreat
Great college starter

NotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBJ 23
Vegetables and from a health standpoint it's not even close...

Yeah man, all these findings on fructose and its ability to wreak havoc on one's health really make this a tough one for me. An unusual case of eating for health versus eating for pleasure.
NotYetGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 08:03 AM   #12
LBJ 23
Local High School Star

LBJ 23 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLBJ 23 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLBJ 23 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLBJ 23 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLBJ 23 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLBJ 23 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLBJ 23 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLBJ 23 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

You can somehow replace positive nutrients from fruit with other foods, while nutrients from vegetables are almost irreplaceable.
LBJ 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 08:19 AM   #13
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth
...tomatoes is on both of your lists.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotYetGreat
...avocados (? - not sure what's been made of the herb-fruit debates)... bananas (? - same as avocados)... corn (although I've been avoiding corn) supposedly aren't vegetables either....
any plant part which comes from a flower (i.e., has seeds) is a fruit.

so tomatoes, avocados, bananas (they do have seeds) and corn are all fruit. of course you might also call tomatoes 'veggies' because they're known in common parlance as veggies, but technically they're fruits. (i learned this in botany and nutrition classes, btw)

myself, veggies easy. i'm not into sugary stuff and i don't digest fruit that well, anyway.

now i'm trying to eat my colors! for full vegetable benefit.
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 10:03 AM   #14
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

had the same initial reaction and the same follow-up conclusion. veggies would just be way harder to replace. at least you could still eat some synthetically flavoured fruity shit to get at least some of what the juicy goodness of fruits have to offer, but like everybody else is saying, veg is just a staple if you ever plan to cook in your life. potatoes were the dealbreaker for me.
RidonKs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 10:11 AM   #15
millwad
NBA rookie of the year

millwad is popular on this boardmillwad is popular on this boardmillwad is popular on this boardmillwad is popular on this board

Easily veggies, I haven't had any meat for 3 years and veggies is my everything.
millwad is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: