Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-12-2012, 03:00 PM   #1
StateOfMind12
Banned
 
StateOfMind12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 5,837
Default Replace McGrady in Houston with LeBron from '04-'09



This got me thinking in that Tmac, 2nd round thread. Tmac was the ultimate loser that pretty much wasted most of Yao's career in Houston. Yao was better off never playing with Tmac.

LeBron also never got to play with an elite offensive post player like Yao was. I mean who was LeBron's best post-player in Cleveland? Jamison? Big Z? LeBron was kind of wasted in Cleveland on that part. I always thought that LeBron needed a post-scorer and Jamison was never the answer to that question although Jamison in '10 was better than anything he ever had.

Now lets replace Tmac in Houston with LeBron from '04-'09. The only reason why I stopped at '09 opposed to '10 is because that was pretty much the last season Yao and Tmac were playing for Houston.

So from the '04-'05 season to the '08-'09 season. How do you think the duo of LeBron James and Yao Ming would have fared?


I think they would have won the championship in '08-'09 for sure though. I'm not so positive about the other seasons.
StateOfMind12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 03:11 PM   #2
asdf1990
College star
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 4,168
Default Re: Replace McGrady in Houston with LeBron from '04-'09

replace tmac with Linsanity, how many rings do they win? I say at least 15 rings, it would be the yellow version of kobe/shaq but 10x better
asdf1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 03:12 PM   #3
Dave3
NBA lottery pick
 
Dave3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 5,920
Default Re: Replace McGrady in Houston with LeBron from '04-'09

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdf1990
replace tmac with Linsanity, how many rings do they win? I say at least 15 rings
Replace Yao with Dwight and you've got 7 straight rings in 5 years at LEAST
Dave3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 03:12 PM   #4
iamgine
...
 
iamgine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 11,540
Default Re: Replace McGrady in Houston with LeBron from '04-'09

Quote:
Originally Posted by StateOfMind12


This got me thinking in that Tmac, 2nd round thread. Tmac was the ultimate loser that pretty much wasted most of Yao's career in Houston. Yao was better off never playing with Tmac.

LeBron also never got to play with an elite offensive post player like Yao was. I mean who was LeBron's best post-player in Cleveland? Jamison? Big Z? LeBron was kind of wasted in Cleveland on that part. I always thought that LeBron needed a post-scorer and Jamison was never the answer to that question although Jamison in '10 was better than anything he ever had.

Now lets replace Tmac in Houston with LeBron from '04-'09. The only reason why I stopped at '09 opposed to '10 is because that was pretty much the last season Yao and Tmac were playing for Houston.

So from the '04-'05 season to the '08-'09 season. How do you think the duo of LeBron James and Yao Ming would have fared?


I think they would have won the championship in '08-'09 for sure though. I'm not so positive about the other seasons.
Not good cause Yao Ming's injured.
iamgine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 03:24 PM   #5
pauk
NBA Legend
 
pauk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 16,877
Default Re: Replace McGrady in Houston with LeBron from '04-'09

Guaranteed championships until Yao Ming gets injured
pauk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 04:15 PM   #6
SilkkTheShocker
RAY ALLEN FOR 3..BANG!
 
SilkkTheShocker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 13,786
Default Re: Replace McGrady in Houston with LeBron from '04-'09

They definitely make it past the 1st round more than once for Christ's sake. They for sure beat Utah in 07 and 08. Yea, Yao got hurt in 08, but Lebron and Scola would have been enough to beat Utah again. Tmac really is the ultimate loser. No idea why he has the following he does.
SilkkTheShocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 04:25 PM   #7
StateOfMind12
Banned
 
StateOfMind12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 5,837
Default Re: Replace McGrady in Houston with LeBron from '04-'09

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilkkTheShocker
They definitely make it past the 1st round more than once for Christ's sake. They for sure beat Utah in 07 and 08. Yea, Yao got hurt in 08, but Lebron and Scola would have been enough to beat Utah again. Tmac really is the ultimate loser. No idea why he has the following he does.
I think we all get that part. LeBron has never even lost in the 1st round in his career. Now we're going to add Yao on his team? That should be obvious that he won't lose in the 1st round.

How many championships, NBA finals appearances, Conference Finals appearances etc. would do duo of LeBron and Yao get is the real question though.
StateOfMind12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 07:12 PM   #8
StateOfMind12
Banned
 
StateOfMind12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 5,837
Default Re: Replace McGrady in Houston with LeBron from '04-'09

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauk
Guaranteed championships until Yao Ming gets injured
.....and Tmac couldn't even get past the 1st round with Yao. That should say a lot about Tmac.
StateOfMind12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 07:15 PM   #9
Heavincent
7-time NBA All-Star
 
Heavincent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 12,356
Default Re: Replace McGrady in Houston with LeBron from '04-'09

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauk
Guaranteed championships until Yao Ming gets injured

NOTHING is guaranteed. After last year, I'd expect you to know this.
Heavincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 07:16 PM   #10
The_Yearning
The Truthteller
 
The_Yearning's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 6,582
Default Re: Replace McGrady in Houston with LeBron from '04-'09

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauk
Guaranteed championships until Yao Ming gets injured

Meaning 0 championships.
The_Yearning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 07:17 PM   #11
pauk
NBA Legend
 
pauk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 16,877
Default Re: Replace McGrady in Houston with LeBron from '04-'09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavincent
NOTHING is guaranteed. After last year, I'd expect you to know this.

It is GUARANTEED.... Lebron & Wade WILL win at leat 1 god damn championship.... you are nuts if you dont think so... did you really expect them to immediately pwn everybody and win it so fast last year? Hell, they immediately got to the Finals and almost won it anyways... could have won it if Lebron, Wade, Bosh would have been able to close out things in those 4th quarters
pauk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 07:18 PM   #12
Kiarip
High School Starter
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 758
Default Re: Replace McGrady in Houston with LeBron from '04-'09

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauk
Guaranteed championships until Yao Ming gets injured
You can't say that. Lebron isn't much better than Houston T-Mac, and the West was a tough place to play.
Kiarip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 07:19 PM   #13
StateOfMind12
Banned
 
StateOfMind12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 5,837
Default Re: Replace McGrady in Houston with LeBron from '04-'09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiarip
You can't say that. Lebron isn't much better than Houston T-Mac, and the West was a tough place to play.
Yeah dude, LeBron James would have gotten shut down by Derek Fisher like Tmac did in the '07 playoffs. What a ****ing joke.
StateOfMind12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 07:19 PM   #14
ImmortalD24
Banned
 
ImmortalD24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: /watch?v=j5FhQc-LJ-o&#t=4299s
Posts: 3,165
Default Re: Replace McGrady in Houston with LeBron from '04-'09

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauk
Guaranteed championships until Yao Ming gets injured
Pre- 07-08 season.. maybe.
ImmortalD24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 07:20 PM   #15
pauk
NBA Legend
 
pauk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 16,877
Default Re: Replace McGrady in Houston with LeBron from '04-'09

As far as Yao Ming goes.......... please man? come on?

Did you see Lebron get to the Finals with "the worst team to ever be in a NBA finals".... he got there with his 2nd best performer being Daniel freakin Gibson............

Yao Ming would be the difference between a Championship and Sweep in that Finals for example......... but now Yao Ming will be playing many more years with Lebron.... the real question is not IF they would have won a championship, the real question is HOW MANY!

Last edited by pauk : 02-12-2012 at 07:22 PM.
pauk is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:01 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy