Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 02-11-2012, 01:25 PM   #1
Hotlantadude81
NBA rookie of the year

Hotlantadude81 has decent reputation
Default NBA2k11. Worth 11 bucks or not?

Due to my xbox giving out and not having it fixed for a couple of years I haven't bought a basketball game since NBA2k8. Is NBA2k11 worth the upgrade? I know 2k12 came out just a few months ago, but I can't see paying a lot of money for a game that will be 20 bucks in probably less than a year. So, just how good is K11?

Last edited by Hotlantadude81 : 02-11-2012 at 01:29 PM.
Hotlantadude81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 01:43 PM   #2
Maniak
Maniak

Maniak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: NBA2k11. Worth 11 bucks or not?

My Player is bad, but otherwise it was a pretty enjoyable game.
Maniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 01:44 PM   #3
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

just buy the game used and you can return it in like 7 days. You can probably find it cheap on ebay as well..
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 01:44 PM   #4
NastyCrossover1
Decent playground baller

NastyCrossover1 has no real reputation yet.

2k11 is good but it doesn't compare to 2k12.
NastyCrossover1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 01:48 PM   #5
No Name
derp

No Name has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by NastyCrossover1
2k11>>>>>2k12
No Name is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 02:03 PM   #6
NastyCrossover1
Decent playground baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Name
2k11>>>>>2k12

You must be joking. Right?
Old 02-11-2012, 02:30 PM   #7
Hotlantadude81
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by NastyCrossover1

Is k11 a major upgrade from 2k8? I'm not the kind of person that HAS to have the latest version. Just one that is fairly up to date while also being good.
Old 02-11-2012, 02:34 PM   #8
blablabla

blablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotlantadude81
Is k11 a major upgrade from 2k8? I'm not the kind of person that HAS to have the latest version. Just one that is fairly up to date while also being good.
yes it is and its worth 11 bucks
check opsports forums for rosters they have some amazing classic one and they also have 2012 rosters for 2k11
blablabla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 02:39 PM   #9
Nevaeh
National High School Star

Nevaeh is a pretty well-respected posterNevaeh is a pretty well-respected posterNevaeh is a pretty well-respected poster

OP, 2k12 is better.

2k11 is one of those games you'll have in your collection, but once you play 12, you'll realize just how much is left out in 11, when you compare them. Way more post moves, up and under moves, and the turn around jumpers are a lot faster in 2k12 than in 11.

Plus, player faces look way better in 12 (2k11 suffers from wooden Face-Dead Eye syndrome on a few players), though 12's faces aren't "Perfect" perfect.

Oh there's also more camera options, and from what I've heard, the MY Player is better. What's also cool is they made a MY Player-Create a Legend mode, where you can make ANY player a legend, and not just Jordan this time.

You also get more classic teams to run with, if that's your thing, along with 6 different Bulls teams.

Edit:

I see. If you're more of a casual fan, then maybe 2k11 might not be a bad choice. The learning curve will be there, however , no matter which version you get. So make sure you read the built-in control features in the game menu.

Last edited by Nevaeh : 02-11-2012 at 02:42 PM.
Nevaeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 02:41 PM   #10
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

2k11 is a huge upgrade over the 08 games, so I'd say it is worth $11 if you don't want to shell out the money for 2k12.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 02:43 PM   #11
Draz
Like a Baoss.

Draz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Put the money towards 2k12 used?
Draz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 02:49 PM   #12
Hotlantadude81
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevaeh
OP, 2k12 is better.

2k11 is one of those games you'll have in your collection, but once you play 12, you'll realize just how much is left out in 11, when you compare them. Way more post moves, up and under moves, and the turn around jumpers are a lot faster in 2k12 than in 11.

Plus, player faces look way better in 12 (2k11 suffers from wooden Face-Dead Eye syndrome on a few players), though 12's faces aren't "Perfect" perfect.

Oh there's also more camera options, and from what I've heard, the MY Player is better. What's also cool is they made a MY Player-Create a Legend mode, where you can make ANY player a legend, and not just Jordan this time.

You also get more classic teams to run with, if that's your thing, along with 6 different Bulls teams.

Edit:

I see. If you're more of a casual fan, then maybe 2k11 might not be a bad choice. The learning curve will be there, however , no matter which version you get. So make sure you read the built-in control features in the game menu.

I'm just one of those people that don't have to have the newest thing. Just something that is good and fairly up to date. The one thing I dislike is that with newer games the stars are older and that makes them less enticing when it comes to the franchise mode. Which is what I play most of the time.
Old 02-11-2012, 04:04 PM   #13
NastyCrossover1
Decent playground baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotlantadude81
I never played 2k8 I played 9 though and 2K11 is way better than 9.
Old 02-11-2012, 07:05 PM   #14
miller-time
NBA sixth man of the year

miller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

2k11 has a bunch of jordan challenges which are pretty good and aren't featured in any other game.
miller-time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 07:16 PM   #15
AirTupac
Mitch Kupcake

AirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirTupac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maniak
My Player is bad, but otherwise it was a pretty enjoyable game.

My player was amazing. 2k11 had crew too (I don't think 2k12 has it).
AirTupac is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: