Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 02-12-2012, 04:05 PM   #346
Allstar24
NBA lottery pick

Allstar24 has an incredible reputation hereAllstar24 has an incredible reputation hereAllstar24 has an incredible reputation hereAllstar24 has an incredible reputation hereAllstar24 has an incredible reputation hereAllstar24 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: 2/12 Lakers @ Raptors GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch
Lin lit you up because he's the GOAT
Oh yeah I forgot about that.
Allstar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 04:06 PM   #347
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I'd actually like to see James Johnson and Aaron Gray stick around on the Raptors. Both can be decent cheap options off the bench. I called it when the signing happened that Gray would force the Raptors to glue Magloire to the bench.

Now all the Raptors need is some legit star talent at either PG, SG, SF, PF or C.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 04:07 PM   #348
Bob Cousy
Banned

Bob Cousy is considered somewhat coolBob Cousy is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by demons2005
His stats may be just a little below average but I have never seen someone look more out of place on the floor. He may be good at some things but there's something just so choppy about he plays it sucks all the confidence out of the building. If i was a raps fan it would pain me to see him with the ball in his hands. I can't put a finger on it but there is just this looming disaster feeling whenever he gets the ball on offense
The Raptors fanbase seems to love JJ. He's not a horrible offensive player at all from what I've seen, he's athletic, strong, can spot up, can post up.

you're overreacting.
Bob Cousy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 04:09 PM   #349
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Cousy
The Raptors fanbase seems to love JJ. He's not a horrible offensive player at all from what I've seen, he's athletic, strong, can spot up, can post up.

you're overreacting.
No. He is horrible on offense. He can't shoot and he turns it over a lot. But that's on the Raptors to limit his touches on offense to offensive rebounds and nothing more. He does give a lot of good energy and awareness on defense and the boards though. Again, you don't want James Johnson starting but he is definitely good enough to be getting backup minutes in the NBA.
Old 02-12-2012, 04:11 PM   #350
Burgz
Banned

Burgz is popular on this boardBurgz is popular on this boardBurgz is popular on this boardBurgz is popular on this board

Quote:

you're overreacting.

its not his offense we love

he makes great plays on defense and does a lot of good work that is not always on the ball on defense

he rotates well, he's active, he's built to play defense

he's a career role player so we are not clamouring about how he's gonna be a star, just he's excelled at playing in Casey's defensive system
Burgz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 04:13 PM   #351
Bob Cousy
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
No. He is horrible on offense. He can't shoot and he turns it over a lot. But that's on the Raptors to limit his touches on offense to offensive rebounds and nothing more. He does give a lot of good energy and awareness on defense and the boards though. Again, you don't want James Johnson starting but he is definitely good enough to be getting backup minutes in the NBA.
oh i see.

basically a slightly bigger Thabo Sefolosha. I'll take him over Artest right now.
Old 02-12-2012, 04:18 PM   #352
The Choken One
<3 LeBron <3 Heat <3

The Choken One posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryThe Choken One posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryThe Choken One posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
I'd actually like to see James Johnson and Aaron Gray stick around on the Raptors. Both can be decent cheap options off the bench. I called it when the signing happened that Gray would force the Raptors to glue Magloire to the bench.

Now all the Raptors need is some legit star talent at either PG, SG, SF, PF or C.
How about 24 points on 48% shooting? That's a star if you ask me...

and DeRozan has talent. Just need to see if he develops.
The Choken One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 04:21 PM   #353
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Choken One
How about 24 points on 48% shooting? That's a star if you ask me...and DeRozan has talent. Just need to see if he develops.
Those #'s alone don't mean anything. Need to know more about the player. What position does he play? What is his efficiency relative to his position? Is he expected to be a playmaker? Ball handler? Rebounder? Defensive anchor? What's the sample size on those #'s? Age? Contract? Two stats alone mean little.

Derozan has been one of the worst starters in the NBA this year and this is his 3rd season. Excuse me if I'm not brimming with hope for his potential as a starting caliber SG right now.

Quote:
asically a slightly bigger Thabo Sefolosha. I'll take him over Artest right now.
That's actually a decent comparison in terms of overall impact. Johnson obviously does more of the "forward" stuff though like rebounding and interior defense.
Old 02-12-2012, 04:23 PM   #354
Deuce Bigalow
5-time NBA All-Star

Deuce Bigalow has a terrific reputationDeuce Bigalow has a terrific reputationDeuce Bigalow has a terrific reputationDeuce Bigalow has a terrific reputationDeuce Bigalow has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch
Lin lit you up because he's the GOAT
have you never seen Brian Scalabrine in his prime
Deuce Bigalow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 04:28 PM   #355
The Choken One
<3 LeBron <3 Heat <3

The Choken One posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryThe Choken One posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryThe Choken One posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

I don't watch the Raptors much, as they're normally not on TV...

But the player I was referring to was Bargnani(sp?). I've always been the type to really value big men that have a really nice shot. As why I really like Barg... but I'd like to know what Raptor fans consider him.
The Choken One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 04:29 PM   #356
RaininThrees
Meats Don't Clash

RaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Butler says the ref was counting out loud, and called the TO at four.
RaininThrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 04:31 PM   #357
Bob Cousy
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Choken One
I don't watch the Raptors much, as they're normally not on TV...

But the player I was referring to was Bargnani(sp?). I've always been the type to really value big men that have a really nice shot. As why I really like Barg... but I'd like to know what Raptor fans consider him.
You don't need to watch many Raptor games to know that Bargnani is a one dimensional player.

he is a welfare mans Dirk Nowitski. Which bascially means worse rebounding and defense, not quite as good on offense either.
Old 02-12-2012, 04:37 PM   #358
White Mamba
@kobemania

White Mamba is starting to rub some people the wrong way

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qeyJTF2Fs4g
White Mamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 04:39 PM   #359
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Quote:
You don't need to watch many Raptor games to know that Bargnani is a one dimensional player.

he is a welfare mans Dirk Nowitski. Which bascially means worse rebounding and defense, not quite as good on offense either.
The one plus with Bargnani this year is his much improved offensive efficiency. That makes his awful rebounding and lack of team defense a bit easier to swallow. The main question with that is, will it last? It's 13 games of high efficiency play on offense after 5 years of average to slightly-above average play.

He still too flawed of a player to based your entire team-building strategy upon though. If the Raptors luck out and get the #1 pick then Anthony Davis and Valanciunas are the future. Ed Davis likely gets shipped out immediately. Bargnani sticks around for a year to ease Val and Davis in and then is shipped out soon afterwards as well.
Old 02-12-2012, 04:42 PM   #360
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce Bigalow
have you never seen Brian Scalabrine in his prime
Yellow Mamba >>>> White Mamba

DEAL WITH IT
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: