Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 02-12-2012, 06:19 PM   #16
ProfessorMurder
I am your soldier!

ProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Boston is only commited to 34mil in salary next season.. good spot for howard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shake N bake
Rondo, Jeff green, Howard.

plus pierce still has good 3 years. and ray is conditioning god and can play 3 more years

only garnett is the one whoes all gased out

once they all leave .. its howard's town

Yep. Dwight would be better off in Boston than he would in Jersey. All-star PG signed for a few more years, great veterans and role players, defensive team, some youth in Green/Bass/JJJ/etc.

Face it, he won't go to NYK, the Bulls, or Lakers unless there's a big trade. Boston and Dallas are two options he could take.
ProfessorMurder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 06:20 PM   #17
Teanett
Great Basketball Mind

Teanett has decent reputation
Default Re: Boston is only commited to 34mil in salary next season.. good spot for howard?

howard/allen/pierce alone would be awesome, add rondo/kg... faggetaboutit.
Teanett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 06:22 PM   #18
LBJMVP
Cavaliers!

LBJMVP is considered somewhat coolLBJMVP is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by shake N bake
Rondo, Jeff green, Howard.

plus pierce still has good 3 years. and ray is conditioning god and can play 3 more years

only garnett is the one whoes all gased out

once they all leave .. its howard's town

i dont know. say he signs a 6 year contract.

garnett and allen will be gone in three years, and next year or maybe the year after i dont see either of the them contributing. then you have paul, who, in my opinion, will drop off bad. that mean that after three years he is is left with himsself, rondo, and jeff green. that will do nothing for him.
LBJMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 06:24 PM   #19
midatlantic09
Local High School Star

midatlantic09 is a pretty well-respected postermidatlantic09 is a pretty well-respected postermidatlantic09 is a pretty well-respected poster

Why would Howard want to play for Boston when he can go to a great city like LA or NY and play there?
midatlantic09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 06:25 PM   #20
Derka
Go C's!

Derka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBJMVP

garnett and allen will be gone in three years, and next year or maybe the year after i dont see either of the them contributing. then you have paul, who, in my opinion, will drop off bad. that mean that after three years he is is left with himsself, rondo, and jeff green. that will do nothing for him.

He would sign for four years, I'm guessing.

He'll be going into his 9th season. He wants a title now. If it comes to free agency and he chooses to leave Orlando, Dallas and Boston are really the only two teams that are going to put him in a spot to win now. Then he wouldn't have to stick around for the rebuild if he didn't want to and no one in Boston would fault him in the slightest for it as long as titles come our way.
Derka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 06:25 PM   #21
CelticBaller
lite kobe

CelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by midatlantic09
Why would Howard want to play for Boston when he can go to a great city like LA or NY and play there?
Boston is not a great city?NY can afford him?....

not sure if serious
CelticBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 06:26 PM   #22
jdm_dc_fan
Local High School Star

jdm_dc_fan has decent reputationjdm_dc_fan has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derka
He actually has. Around the time the Magic dropped those two games to Boston.

A reporter asked him if he'd consider a market like Boston and he said "Absolutely." and then went on a tangent about Boston being a team that values titles, values building teams that can compete and is a franchise that knows how to win.
Yeah it seems like magic is trying to win games when boston, miami, chicago and okc are going for championships.
jdm_dc_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 06:27 PM   #23
Derka
Go C's!

Derka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

Because he's not going to win in Brooklyn with Deron Williams and a group of nobodies with no playoff experience, the Knicks can't afford him and LA isn't going to give up the franchise for him.
Old 02-12-2012, 06:29 PM   #24
midatlantic09
Local High School Star

midatlantic09 is a pretty well-respected postermidatlantic09 is a pretty well-respected postermidatlantic09 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticBaller
Boston is not a great city?NY can afford him?....

not sure if serious

I'm sure a player of his caliber would rather play in a large, world class city like LA or NY instead. There's nothing wrong with Boston, but it's in the same category as Philly/DC/Atlanta and I'm sure Howard would rather play in a very large market with international media exposure, beautiful women everywhere, and a team that isn't 1-2 years away from being completely dismantled.
midatlantic09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 06:30 PM   #25
MMM
877-954-1893

MMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBJMVP

The thing you have to consider is the the front office. Howard's thinking is Boston's Ownership/Front office/Coaching staff give him the best chance to win in the short term and that they are capable of doing what is needed to build a winning club. For example I don't think the Nets from a front office perspective have a winning culture in the way that the Celtics have had recently.
MMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 06:30 PM   #26
LBJMVP
Cavaliers!

LBJMVP is considered somewhat coolLBJMVP is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derka
He would sign for four years, I'm guessing.

He'll be going into his 9th season. He wants a title now. If it comes to free agency and he chooses to leave Orlando, Dallas and Boston are really the only two teams that are going to put him in a spot to win now. Then he wouldn't have to stick around for the rebuild if he didn't want to and no one in Boston would fault him in the slightest for it as long as titles come our way.

yah, i guess i could see a three year contract with a fourth year option.

dallas is the same though. sure they may be able to get deron and dwight but besides nowitzki it just a bunch of old guys. even dirk is gettin a little old.

either way i'd say three year contract with a fourth year option is best.
LBJMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 06:31 PM   #27
MMM
877-954-1893

MMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
I'm sure a player of his caliber would rather play in a large, world class city like LA or NY instead. There's nothing wrong with Boston, but it's in the same category as Philly/DC/Atlanta and I'm sure Howard would rather play in a very large market with international media exposure, beautiful women everywhere, and a team that isn't 1-2 years away from being completely dismantled.

Can LA/NY sign him out right in FA?????
MMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 06:33 PM   #28
Derka
Go C's!

Quote:

One more time: LA would have to trade for him and they won't. Neither NY team can afford OR trade for him.
Old 02-12-2012, 06:33 PM   #29
BlackWhiteGreen
NBA lottery pick

BlackWhiteGreen is popular on this boardBlackWhiteGreen is popular on this boardBlackWhiteGreen is popular on this boardBlackWhiteGreen is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM
Can LA/NY sign him out right in FA?????

No.
BlackWhiteGreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 06:37 PM   #30
longtime lurker
NBA sixth man of the year

longtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation here

Howard doesn't want to play in Boston or LA. Come to think about it does Howard even know what the hell he wants?
longtime lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: