Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 02-12-2012, 07:57 PM   #31
Rowe
Scoring Champ

Default Re: Boston is only commited to 34mil in salary next season.. good spot for howard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM
Can LA/NY sign him out right in FA?????

NY Knicks? No.
Brooklyn Nets? Yes.

Hes going to the Nets.

He'll forfeit the 6th year if necessary to make it happen.
Rowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 07:59 PM   #32
Bob Cousy
Banned

Default Re: Boston is only commited to 34mil in salary next season.. good spot for howard?

it wouldn't be so bad.

he could play with brink of retirement PP, KG, Allen and a young Rondo for 2-3 years TOPS.

but what happens after that ?
Bob Cousy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 08:01 PM   #33
AMISTILLILL
Banned

I love how people assume once the Big 3 retires that free agents and role players wouldn't line up to come to Boston and play alongside Dwight and Rondo. One guy carries garbage teams comprised of shooters to wins, the other makes guys at the ends of their careers look like All Stars. Imagine what he could do with people in their prime.
AMISTILLILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 08:01 PM   #34
Rowe
Scoring Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBJMVP
i dont know. say he signs a 6 year contract.

garnett and allen will be gone in three years, and next year or maybe the year after i dont see either of the them contributing. then you have paul, who, in my opinion, will drop off bad. that mean that after three years he is is left with himsself, rondo, and jeff green. that will do nothing for him.
Jeff Green is an Unrestricted Free Agent.

Celtics pulled their Qualifying Offer, so if they were to sign him they'd be doing it within their cap space and assuming they'd pay more than any other team.
Old 02-12-2012, 08:04 PM   #35
Bob Cousy
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMISTILLILL
the other makes guys at the ends of their careers look like All Stars.
LMAO

its more like the other way around. You'll see when they retire.
Old 02-12-2012, 08:08 PM   #36
AMISTILLILL
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Cousy
LMAO

its more like the other way around. You'll see when they retire.

I guess you missed the Celtics 2008-2009 playoff run without Garnett, where Rondo was the undisputed best player on the floor. I didn't realize Glen Davis and Eddie House were All Stars at the end of their careers making Rondo look great. Weird.

Also, I didn't realize it was the Big 3 getting Rondo all those looks for 32 points tonight.
Old 02-12-2012, 08:08 PM   #37
Draz
Like a Baoss.

This would be the dream team ..
Draz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 08:11 PM   #38
Rowe
Scoring Champ

Quote:
I love how people assume once the Big 3 retires that free agents and role players wouldn't line up to come to Boston and play alongside Dwight and Rondo.

Historically, Boston has never attracted Free Agents in their history.

They routinely build during the Draft and acquire their talent via trades.

Unless you're counting the Dominique Wilkins debacle.

Last edited by Rowe : 02-12-2012 at 08:15 PM.
Old 02-12-2012, 08:12 PM   #39
Derka
Go C's!

Quote:
it wouldn't be so bad.

he could play with brink of retirement PP, KG, Allen and a young Rondo for 2-3 years TOPS.

but what happens after that ?

No one cares what happens after that. It'll be a three year title window and that'll be it. Dwight can sign for three with a player option for a fourth. Dwight wants titles NOW. Dwight gets them in Boston along side the Big Three and Rondo and whoever else Doc decides to fill the bench out with (and you can better believe that players line up to take the veteran minimum to play with those five).

The Nets...Dwight's presence on a team with zero championship pedigree doesn't magically flip it from sub-.500 to a title winner. It'd still be a project to build Brooklyn into a title winner in the next 2-3 years.
Derka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 08:12 PM   #40
Bob Cousy
Banned

Quote:
I guess you missed the Celtics 2008-2009 playoff run without Garnett, where Rondo was the undisputed best player on the floor. I didn't realize Glen Davis and Eddie House were All Stars at the end of their careers making Rondo look great. Weird.

Also, I didn't realize it was the Big 3 getting Rondo all those looks for 32 points tonight.
you didn't realize that in the 2008-09 playoff he still had two other all star caliber players to play off of.

Like the one who had a 51 point game in that post season.

congrats he had 32 points against CJ Watson (lol), 10 boards and 15 assists dishing off to 3 HOFers.

cool story bro. I didn't say the dude was garbage did I ?
Old 02-12-2012, 08:14 PM   #41
AMISTILLILL
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowe
Historically, Boston has never attracted Free Agents in their history.

They routinely build during the Draft and acquire their talent via trades.

Understood, but historically Boston hasn't had arguably a top 5 PG matched alongside the undisputed best center in the NBA either.

In an NBA landscape where the Clippers are relevant, I'd say historical comparisons need to start getting reevaluated.
Old 02-12-2012, 08:18 PM   #42
AMISTILLILL
Banned

Quote:
you didn't realize that in the 2008-09 playoff he still had two other all star caliber players to play off of.

Like the one who had a 51 point game in that post season.

congrats he had 32 points against CJ Watson (lol), 10 boards and 15 assists dishing off to 3 HOFers.

cool story bro. I didn't say the dude was garbage did I ?

...saying the guys success hinges on the contributions of three future Hall Of Fame players? You might as well have called him garbage. Split some more hairs and argue semantics elsewhere.

Does Derek Fisher routinely put up these kinds of numbers, playing alongside the likes of Kobe and Gasol? Age shouldn't factor in if it's the two All Stars apparently doing all the hard work. Jameer Nelson doesn't even sniff the kinds of numbers Rondo is capable of putting up on a frequent basis.

If you're trying to back pedal and play the whole "dude is overrated but I never said he sucked, bro" card you're not doing a very good job.
Old 02-12-2012, 08:22 PM   #43
Bob Cousy
Banned

Quote:
...saying the guys success hinges on the contributions of three future Hall Of Fame players? You might as well have called him garbage. Split some more hairs and argue semantics elsewhere.

Does Derek Fisher routinely put up these kinds of numbers, playing alongside the likes of Kobe and Gasol? Age shouldn't factor in if it's the two All Stars apparently doing all the hard work. Jameer Nelson doesn't even sniff the kinds of numbers Rondo is capable of putting up on a frequent basis.

If you're trying to back pedal and play the whole "dude is overrated but I never said he sucked, bro" card you're not doing a very good job.
he is overrated by Celtics fans and I never implied anywhere that he sucks.

if you can pull it out of thin air, then present that quote to me. I'll wait.
Old 02-12-2012, 08:23 PM   #44
Rowe
Scoring Champ

Quote:
Understood, but historically Boston hasn't had arguably a top 5 PG matched alongside the undisputed best center in the NBA either.
Yes, they had this in the 1950's but I wont bring that up anymore.

Quote:
In an NBA landscape where the Clippers are relevant, I'd say historical comparisons need to start getting reevaluated.
However the history of the Celtics is the only thing that would attract Free Agents, and is primarily the reason why Dwight made the comment he did.

Its a double edged sword to use that argument.

Realistically, in this day and age, what is supposed to appeal to a superstar player about the Celtics outside of their tradition? If a player of Dwight's caliber were to sign in Boston it would be to be apart of that tradition of winning Titles. In terms of anyone else, I'd think Boston would have to overpay like any other Franchise to get a player in Free Agent. Which is one of the reasons they rarely have ever made a big time Free Agent acquisition.
Old 02-12-2012, 08:25 PM   #45
Rowe
Scoring Champ

Quote:
he is overrated by Celtics fans and I never implied anywhere that he sucks.

if you can pull it out of thin air, then present that quote to me. I'll wait.
Celtics fans dont overrate him too much anymore.

The fact that someone is willing to say hes arguably a Top 5 PG is a lot of progress from several years ago where some were putting him on par with CP3, Deron, & Nash.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: