Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 02-12-2012, 07:19 PM   #16
jdm_dc_fan
Local High School Star

jdm_dc_fan has decent reputationjdm_dc_fan has decent reputation
Default Re: Bulls should sign Steve Nash during the offseason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fubu05
You're serious? CJ Watson is a damn good backup. Just because he started and had a bad game doesn't mean the Bulls need to get a better back-up PG. What the Bulls need to focus on more is getting an SG that can actually play games and isn't injured 70% of the time.
Has thibs ever put watson and rose in at the same time with watson running the offence? serious question.
jdm_dc_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 07:23 PM   #17
Lebron23
Banned

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jameerthefear
I think its possible but I still think op should never have kids. We cant take much more stupid in the gene pool.

This
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 07:42 PM   #18
nathanjizzle
OG

nathanjizzle has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsnathanjizzle has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsnathanjizzle has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsnathanjizzle has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsnathanjizzle has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these parts

ur really stupid you know that.
nathanjizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 07:56 PM   #19
TheNaturalWR
Local High School Star

TheNaturalWR has an OK reputation so far

If they did that it'd be better if they start Nash at PG and Rose at SG.
TheNaturalWR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 08:14 PM   #20
alanLA92
No More Bandwagoners

alanLA92 has decent reputation

alanLA92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 08:35 PM   #21
JMT
NBA lottery pick

JMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation here

Ok, for the thousandth time:

He'll resign with PHX. Money isn't the issue with him, nor is ring chasing. With their expected draft position, TONS of cap money, and young players like Morris and Dudley, the franchise can put itself into position to build a nice future. He's playing two more seasons and will retire a Sun.
JMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 08:58 PM   #22
No.23
I airball my layups

No.23 has an OK reputation so far

Just no.
No.23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 11:14 PM   #23
Whoah10115
Linja Status

Whoah10115 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

No, he dominates the ball too much to play with Rose.

And absolutely no, he will not be coming off the bench.
Whoah10115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 11:24 PM   #24
MeLO MvP 15
Knicks 2015 Champs

MeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT
Ok, for the thousandth time:

He'll resign with PHX. Money isn't the issue with him, nor is ring chasing. With their expected draft position, TONS of cap money, and young players like Morris and Dudley, the franchise can put itself into position to build a nice future. He's playing two more seasons and will retire a Sun.
What do you expect them to do with their cap space? Best case is scenario is like Wilson Chandler or maybe trading for Iggy. Also "young players like Morris and Dudley"... um they're nice bench players or fringe starters, nothing worth staying for.

I'd actually lose respect for Nash if he stayed in Phoenix. Sorry, but at this point it'd be because he doesn't want to be looked at as a guy who left for a ring... um I think a ring as a role player (which he wouldn't be- any team he'd be a huge contributor) is more valuable that staying with one franchise. Then again, maybe he just doesn't want to leave. I guess, but he'll probably regret it.
MeLO MvP 15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 11:33 PM   #25
Kellogs4toniee
Bulls 4 Life

Kellogs4toniee has a terrific reputationKellogs4toniee has a terrific reputationKellogs4toniee has a terrific reputationKellogs4toniee has a terrific reputationKellogs4toniee has a terrific reputationKellogs4toniee has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConanRulesNBC
Yes. I'm serious. He can either start and play with Rose in the back court or come off the bench. But the Bulls need a better back up point guard when Rose is out and Nash should play for a contender.

I really question your knowledge and loyalty to the Bulls sometimes. Anybody who has watched the Bulls intensively the last two years since Watson has come understands how good of a backup he is.
Kellogs4toniee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 12:17 AM   #26
roffie
Local High School Star

roffie is considered somewhat coolroffie is considered somewhat coolroffie is considered somewhat cool

1 star
negged
roffie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 01:05 AM   #27
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter

ConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellogs4toniee
I really question your knowledge and loyalty to the Bulls sometimes. Anybody who has watched the Bulls intensively the last two years since Watson has come understands how good of a backup he is.

Watson is ok once in a while. He'll have good games. He's good when Rose is actually healthy and he comes in as a backup. But for games when Rose is out? Watson sucks for the most part. Getting Steve Nash would be awesome.

How do you "question my loyalty" based on that?
ConanRulesNBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 01:21 AM   #28
Kellogs4toniee
Bulls 4 Life

Kellogs4toniee has a terrific reputationKellogs4toniee has a terrific reputationKellogs4toniee has a terrific reputationKellogs4toniee has a terrific reputationKellogs4toniee has a terrific reputationKellogs4toniee has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConanRulesNBC
Watson is ok once in a while. He'll have good games. He's good when Rose is actually healthy and he comes in as a backup. But for games when Rose is out? Watson sucks for the most part. Getting Steve Nash would be awesome.

How do you "question my loyalty" based on that?

I apologize if it came out really harsh. It just seems really contradictory to say a team needs a better back-up point guard when the teams MVP-caliber starting point guard is out. He wouldn't be a backup then. I don't think any "back-up" point guard in this league can do what your expecting out of Watson. If they could, they wouldn't be back-ups...

What your basically saying is: how do we make our team better when Rose is out? By making one of the leagues best starting point guards his back-up, then that will make the team better in the situations when Rose is injured.

That doesn't make any practical sense at all.

Not having a back-up point guard that can put up starter numbers is a problem that every team has in this league. It's not something that teams plan to fix. When you have a back-up point guard who is used to putting in 20 meaningful minutes a game, which Watson has done a fantastic job of in this Bulls system, and then put him in an uncomfortable situation where you give him 40 minutes a game all of sudden, of course he isn't going to do a good job here and there.

Last edited by Kellogs4toniee : 02-13-2012 at 01:24 AM.
Kellogs4toniee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 01:31 AM   #29
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter

ConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Watson just makes stupid plays. Yeah, he can score but takes horrible shots some times. I'm not saying the Bulls should go out and sign or trade for Chris Paul or Deron Williams. I think Steve Nash on the Bulls would be a win-win for both him and the Bulls. He would get to play on a contending team. The Bulls would have the best back-up point guard in the league. I don't see how it would be a bad thing at all. I'm not saying it will happen. It most likely won't. But it's not that bad of an idea. Nash is a free agent after this season so it's not as if the Bulls would have to trade anyone for him. If he was willing to sign for less and come off the bench, the Bulls would be fools not to sign him.

He could at times even start the game and play with Rose. Those two together would be pretty good, IMO. Look at what Billups and CP3 were doing on the Clippers before Billups got injured.
ConanRulesNBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 01:36 AM   #30
dee-rose
Words and stuff.

dee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation heredee-rose has an incredible reputation here

I agree with this. We should sign Steve Nash as a back up to the position of our best player, for the next time we lose a regular season game because our back court was injured. For further reasoning as to why this is a great idea, the Bulls are an abysmal 4-2 with Rose out of the line-up.
dee-rose is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: