Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 02-13-2012, 12:41 AM   #1
QUIZZLE
Sugar. Give me. Sugar.

QUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this board
Default What's the Longest Flight You've Ever Been On?

In 11 days, I'll be flying from Los Angeles to Auckland, New Zealand to study abroad. This will easily be the longest flight of my life and I was wondering how you guys passed your time. I'm hoping to stuff my body with food and about 20 mg of Melatonin pre-departure and sleep my life away.
QUIZZLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 12:53 AM   #2
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: What's the Longest Flight You've Ever Been On?

Don't sleep the night before... That should kill some time. As for the flight it will be hell if your not prepared. Eat well before and bring some snacks because airplane food blows and you'll probably get nauseous.

If you have a laptop bring it and charge that ****er up and load it up with movies but if your battery life sucks forget about it.

Bring some books.. Read the ones you need to read for school or a book that'll keep you interested. Might as well study..

Also the plane trip can be a good time to learn another language(srs) If you have been studying another language bring your self a dictionary/language help book in that language and also upload some audio clips on your ipod. Whip out a notebook and get learning.

I think my longest flight(one way) was like 10-11 hours. But the whole travel could have been like 20 hours including the wait then transferring.
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 01:09 AM   #3
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

Meticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Never flown, but be sure to take Airborne or whatever it is they take so you don't get sick from recycled air.

The night before the flight stay up all night and fight it until you get on the flight. I hear that kills a lot of time.
Meticode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 01:11 AM   #4
The Macho Man
Randy Savage

The Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meticode
Never flown, but be sure to take Airborne or whatever it is they take so you don't get sick from recycled air.

The night before the flight stay up all night and fight it until you get on the flight. I hear that kills a lot of time.

I wish I knew this was a thing. Where were you a month ago
The Macho Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 01:20 AM   #5
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

Meticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Macho Man
I wish I knew this was a thing. Where were you a month ago
I didn't even know about it until my brother-in-law came back from over England like a week ago. He's in the Air Force and finally came back after 2 years with his wife and daughter. he took Airborne and still got sick anyway.
Old 02-13-2012, 01:23 AM   #6
vapid
Paranoid Android

vapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation here

Quote:

Damn dude you need to go and travel abroad... missing out on a lot of stuff. Take your kid, she'll appreciate it when she's older.

Anyways, I sleep very easily on planes so I don't have problems passing time on planes. I guess take muscle relaxers or whatever gets you to sleep/don't sleep much night before... When I flew from BKK->HK->LAX i slept almost the entire time I was in a plane because I was out the night b4, and the flight was at like 7 am. I was so tired I almost missed the gate opening.
vapid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 01:24 AM   #7
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

Quote:
Originally Posted by vapid
Damn dude you need to go and travel abroad... missing out on a lot of stuff. Take your kid, she'll appreciate it when she's older.
I don't have the budget to travel freely or the time. Society has me pinned down at the moment with trying to make a living to gather U.S. currency in hopes to support my daughter's future.
Old 02-13-2012, 01:25 AM   #8
Solidape
Serious playground baller

Solidape is considered somewhat coolSolidape is considered somewhat coolSolidape is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by QUIZZLE
In 11 days, I'll be flying from Los Angeles to Auckland, New Zealand to study abroad. This will easily be the longest flight of my life and I was wondering how you guys passed your time. I'm hoping to stuff my body with food and about 20 mg of Melatonin pre-departure and sleep my life away.

Take it from someone that flies long distances: I highly recommend that you buy some noise cancellation headphones...preferably the ones that cover the ears and not sit on top of it. Or you can get in ear ones if you like.

Even a cheap noise cancellation will make your long flight a lot more comfortable so you dont have to splurge on a $300 bose crap.
Solidape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 01:25 AM   #9
alwaysunny
in Brooklyn

alwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

The longest flight distance for me was either from Perth to London or from London to Newark. I have no idea how long it took because it was so long ago, but we spent the entire time talking, playing cards, watching movies and listening to music. I also jacked off in the bathroom because I kept fantasizing about this woman who was sitting in front of me.
alwaysunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 01:25 AM   #10
vapid
Paranoid Android

vapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
I don't have the budget to travel freely or the time.
Right, the implied caveat was that you had the budget... well hopefully one day you will when you have the opportunity.
Old 02-13-2012, 01:27 AM   #11
The Macho Man
Randy Savage

The Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
I didn't even know about it until my brother-in-law came back from over England like a week ago. He's in the Air Force and finally came back after 2 years with his wife and daughter. he took Airborne and still got sick anyway.

Spent 5 hours on a plane was coughing up shit for 2 weeks, so gross. I've had people recommend the air force for me, how does he like it?
The Macho Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 01:30 AM   #12
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

Quote:
Spent 5 hours on a plane was coughing up shit for 2 weeks, so gross. I've had people recommend the air force for me, how does he like it?
If you like traveling it's for you. If you have a girl or important family you'll miss it's hard.

He's got a wife and daughter as I mentioned and it's been hard for them, but things are better for him now because he's going to be a recruiter here in Wisconsin and he'll finally be in one place longer than 6 months.
Old 02-13-2012, 01:33 AM   #13
vapid
Paranoid Android

Quote:
I wear a mask on a plane when its a long flight. I find myself sleeping wiht my mouth open so its pretty crucial. I don't care if people think I have SARS.
Old 02-13-2012, 01:35 AM   #14
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

Quote:
Originally Posted by vapid
I wear a mask on a plane when its a long flight. I find myself sleeping wiht my mouth open so its pretty crucial. I don't care if people think I have SARS.
That's pretty awesome actually. If you're a loner it makes people stay the f*ck away from you too if you don't want to be bothered.
Old 02-13-2012, 01:36 AM   #15
alwaysunny
in Brooklyn

alwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralwaysunny is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidape
Take it from someone that flies long distances: I highly recommend that you buy some noise cancellation headphones...preferably the ones that cover the ears and not sit on top of it. Or you can get in ear ones if you like.

Even a cheap noise cancellation will make your long flight a lot more comfortable so you dont have to splurge on a $300 bose crap.

I hate active noise cancellation more than the jet noise itself. The frequency from headphones puts a weird pressure in my ear and I always end up with a headache. Regular headphones do just fine for music. And if you want silence just get earplugs.
alwaysunny is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: