Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 02-13-2012, 03:16 PM   #46
thebirdman
Kids at the park dunk on me

thebirdman is considered somewhat coolthebirdman is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: What's the Longest Flight You've Ever Been On?

pretty weird coincidence, but i think i might be on that flight. only LA is my mid-point as i'll be flying from london.

it'll be my longest flight by a large margin too. all the advice in this thread is useful.
thebirdman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 03:19 PM   #47
LJJ
Extra Cheese

LJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kebab Stall
Longest is only 3 hours.

I'm 6'4 with long legs. So plane travel is just not great for me at all. Trains are perfect, plenty of leg room. Buses aren't that great, but I can deal with it. Planes on the other hand, f*ck me, I can't even move.

Would absolutely hate to be on a 10 hour flight, with limited space.

6'4?

Just need to get yourself some exit row aisle seats and you'll be fine.
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 03:22 PM   #48
QUIZZLE
Sugar. Give me. Sugar.

QUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebirdman
pretty weird coincidence, but i think i might be on that flight. only LA is my mid-point as i'll be flying from london.

it'll be my longest flight by a large margin too. all the advice in this thread is useful.

Ha. LA's my midpoint as well. But I'm leaving from Pittsburgh.
QUIZZLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 05:32 PM   #49
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Only 4 hours, from Columbus, OH to LA.

Never been overseas, and anywhere I go, I'd rather just drive (as evidenced by 3 Ohio to Florida drives in the past 8 months, and one coming up next month).
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 05:33 PM   #50
QUIZZLE
Sugar. Give me. Sugar.

QUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh1981
Only 4 hours, from Columbus, OH to LA.

Never been overseas, and anywhere I go, I'd rather just drive (as evidenced by 3 Ohio to Florida drives in the past 8 months, and one coming up next month).

haha, cruising on 95 for 700 miles or so. Damn that gets boring!
Old 02-13-2012, 05:37 PM   #51
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by QUIZZLE
haha, cruising on 95 for 700 miles or so. Damn that gets boring!

I take 77 through SC, which then meets up with 95. 77 is pretty awesome.

I've also taken 75, but even for a roadtrip warrior like myself who loves long stretches of open road, I gotta admit, the stretch from Tampa to Atlanta may be the most boring stretch of road in the history of man kind. If I ever go to Atlanta for anything, I may just fly that.
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 05:40 PM   #52
QUIZZLE
Sugar. Give me. Sugar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh1981
I take 77 through SC, which then meets up with 95. 77 is pretty awesome.

I've also taken 75, but even for a roadtrip warrior like myself who loves long stretches of open road, I gotta admit, the stretch from Tampa to Atlanta may be the most boring stretch of road in the history of man kind. If I ever go to Atlanta for anything, I may just fly that.

Haha. I've never been on 77 to my knowledge. 95 is just too conveniently and inconveniently close for me to ignore. At leas you can never get loss.
Old 02-13-2012, 05:40 PM   #53
DMV2
Keep on Rockin in...

DMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

20 hours, from JFK to Incheon International Airport. Korean Air is direct flight non-stop, so there was no break until the transfer at Incheon.

Last edited by DMV2 : 02-13-2012 at 05:42 PM.
DMV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: