Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 02-13-2012, 01:59 AM   #16
Rowe
Scoring Champ

Rowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Is Utah shopping Al Jefferson?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammertime
Millsap is also much more valuable to the Jazz because of his contract. He's also more versatile and an easier fit into different offenses.
True. He definetly came at a good discount, much more so than David Lee.

But if Utah were offered maybe 1-2 1st Rounders for Millsap, do you think they'd move him? Im sure some teams remember that stretch where he was putting up nearly 20/10 for awhile maybe 2 years ago working effectively on the Pick & Roll.

Like you mentioned above, if Utah did get a better Pick & Roll PG, he'd probably come close to those numebrs again.
Rowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 02:05 AM   #17
Hammertime
Our Enes is bigger

Hammertime is popular on this boardHammertime is popular on this boardHammertime is popular on this boardHammertime is popular on this boardHammertime is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowe
True. He definetly came at a good discount, much more so than David Lee.

But if Utah were offered maybe 1-2 1st Rounders for Millsap, do you think they'd move him? Im sure some teams remember that stretch where he was putting up nearly 20/10 for awhile maybe 2 years ago working effectively on the Pick & Roll.

Like you mentioned above, if Utah did get a better Pick & Roll PG, he'd probably come close to those numebrs again.

If you're the Jazz, at some point you have to stop stockpiling young talent, though. The Jazz have 4 lottery picks from the last 2 drafts on their roster. There is also a very raw second round pick from last year in Evans. The Jazz will get the Warriors pick this year if it's not top 7, and they have their own first rounder this year. It's just too many young guys who need playing time to develop.

For the Jazz to trade Millsap(who I believe is the most valuable player in terms of trade value on this team), it'd have to be for some players who are ready to step up now.
Hammertime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 02:27 AM   #18
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammertime
The simplest way to describe it is that Harris' skillset is a very poor fit for this Jazz team. He can bring a lot to the table, but the Jazz just do not need any of it, and what the Jazz need, he doesn't have.

He's basically a slasher who can dish it out to guys on the perimeter, and he can create a bit off the dribble. The Jazz are a very poor outside shooting team, so he really has no one to pass out to. The Jazz are also stacked like Scarlet Johansson at the 4 and 5 positions, so there is little room in the paint for him to drive. The lanes are usually clogged, and he'll either run into one of our bigs or a defender.

The Jazz need a PG who can run pick and roll, who can set up teammates, especially bigs, and who can throw alley-oop passes to one of the many leapers on this team. Basically, if Earl Watson was 23 instead of 33, we wouldn't be having this conversation. Harris would be traded away for a bag of magic beans and Earl would run the point. The Jazz would use the Okur TPE to get a SG, and that'd be it.

Of course, Watson is 33 and isn't a long term solution.

Good explanation.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 02:33 AM   #19
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

As for Al Jeff, I think they should def move him. Keep Millsap, Hayward, and Harris (no value right now), and try to move towards a more 'uptempo' system.

Maybe something like Al Jeff for James Harden? OKC gets a low-post scoring threat. Utah gets a young, All-Star caliber SG.
Old 02-13-2012, 02:34 AM   #20
wagexslave
Messiahbolical

wagexslave is a pretty well-respected posterwagexslave is a pretty well-respected posterwagexslave is a pretty well-respected posterwagexslave is a pretty well-respected poster

Robin Lopez for Al Jefferson straight deal. Come on Utah, you know you want to. ;)
wagexslave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 02:38 AM   #21
mrpibb
101% Dr. Pepper

mrpibb is a pretty well-respected postermrpibb is a pretty well-respected postermrpibb is a pretty well-respected postermrpibb is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdreason
As for Al Jeff, I think they should def move him. Keep Millsap, Hayward, and Harris (no value right now), and try to move towards a more 'uptempo' system.

Maybe something like Al Jeff for James Harden? OKC gets a low-post scoring threat. Utah gets a young, All-Star caliber SG.

I would do that in a heartbeat. Would OKC agree to it? I dunno.
mrpibb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 02:43 AM   #22
Hammertime
Our Enes is bigger

Hammertime is popular on this boardHammertime is popular on this boardHammertime is popular on this boardHammertime is popular on this boardHammertime is popular on this board

Quote:

As my colleage mrpibb said, this would be a no brainer, but the Thunder probably would not go for it, plus they don't have the pieces. Harden makes 4 million a year, and the only player not name Durant or Westbrook making more is Perkins. Jefferson makes 14 a year. The Jazz would not want Perkins, as it would do little to clear the log jam, and the Thunder would not give up Harden and Perkins for Jefferson.

It's too bad the Thunder don't have some overpaid scrub to throw in.
Old 02-13-2012, 02:49 AM   #23
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

Ya I was just throwing out a hypothetical of the type of player the Jazz should go for. I don't think OKC would pull the trigger on that even if the salaries matched... although I really question their ability to win a ring without a big who can put the ball in the hoop.
Old 02-13-2012, 03:16 AM   #24
Hammertime
Our Enes is bigger

Quote:
Ya I was just throwing out a hypothetical of the type of player the Jazz should go for. I don't think OKC would pull the trigger on that even if the salaries matched... although I really question their ability to win a ring without a big who can put the ball in the hoop.

You know, it's too bad the Bulls don't have much to trade as far as guards go. Harris would be a very good back up to Rose. Maybe they can give us Carlos Boozer back.
Old 02-13-2012, 03:18 AM   #25
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter

ConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Al Jefferson for Carlos Boozer.
ConanRulesNBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 03:25 AM   #26
UtahJazzFan88
Jazz Fan

UtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagexslave
Robin Lopez for Al Jefferson straight deal. Come on Utah, you know you want to. ;)

Give us your draft pick for this season and we'll pull the trigger.
UtahJazzFan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 03:40 AM   #27
Hammertime
Our Enes is bigger

Here's a trade I'd do.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=6uo37wm

Plus, the Jazz would renounce/return the Warriors first rounder they hold this year (top-7 or 8 protected, I believe) and maybe even give the Warriors the Jazz first round pick this year.

edit: I just remembered that the Jazz would have to give the Wolves their 2012 pick if the Jazz manage to make the playoffs.

Last edited by Hammertime : 02-13-2012 at 03:45 AM.
Old 02-13-2012, 03:50 AM   #28
Whoah10115
Linja Status

Whoah10115 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Utah don't really need a SG. If they let Burks play, they'll see they have a stud.
Whoah10115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 03:56 AM   #29
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

Xiao Yao You is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
no Rondo deals, please

I'd take Rondo. Doubt Ainge wants Jefferson back though.

Quote:
I think Al will stick around this season, but will be traded in the offseason.

Why wait? Do it now and get Favors and Kanter more time down the stretch.

Quote:
The Jazz need a PG who can run pick and roll, who can set up teammates, especially bigs, and who can throw alley-oop passes to one of the many leapers on this team.

Tinsley. Only reason I can see Harris playing is because they are shopping him but he might be more valuable as a trade asset on the bench than showing everyone how much he sucks.

Quote:
Basically, if Earl Watson was 23 instead of 33, we wouldn't be having this conversation. Harris would be traded away for a bag of magic beans and Earl would run the point.

I'd think they'd trade Harris for a bag of beans now. Doubt they've been offered even that.

Quote:
The Jazz would use the Okur TPE to get a SG, and that'd be it.

Don't count on it. That would put them over the cap again.

Quote:
if Utah were offered maybe 1-2 1st Rounders for Millsap, do you think they'd move him?

They might but I sure wouldn't. They need to get a young pg. That's one pick which they probably already have depending on how they and GS finish the season.

Quote:
Im sure some teams remember that stretch where he was putting up nearly 20/10 for awhile maybe 2 years ago working effectively on the Pick & Roll.

3 years ago with Boozer out.

Quote:

Didn't last year with Deron but that was because of the stupid deal to get Jefferson in the first place.

Quote:
they have their own first rounder this year.

Not if they somehow make the playoffs. Than it would go to Minny in the Jefferson heist.

Quote:
I would do that in a heartbeat. Would OKC agree to it?

no

Quote:
Robin Lopez for Al Jefferson straight deal.

Phoenix is more than 10 million under the cap?

Quote:
I was just throwing out a hypothetical of the type of player the Jazz should go for.

Wouldn't it be nice if the hypothetical players and deals were out there to be had.

Quote:
Give us your draft pick for this season and we'll pull the trigger.

I wouldn't. Jefferson has one more year on his deal. Boozer would send Millsap to the bench and they'd be stuck with his sorry ass contract and injury prone/non defensive ways for years to come.
Xiao Yao You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 04:02 AM   #30
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

Xiao Yao You is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
the Jazz would renounce/return the Warriors first rounder they hold this year (top-7 or 8 protected, I believe) and maybe even give the Warriors the Jazz first round pick this year.

I'd give them the rights to Tomic. But the GS pick might get them the pg they need without taking a chance on Curry's glass ankle and the 3 years left on Biedrins contract.

Quote:
Utah don't really need a SG. If they let Burks play, they'll see they have a stud.

They need help til he's ready. He could definitely be their best player within a few years I think.
Xiao Yao You is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: