Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 02-13-2012, 06:43 PM   #31
Lebron23
Banned

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Please God watch over Derrick Rose's back

Quote:
Originally Posted by chazzy
Spoken like someone who didn't watch the NBA before Rose

This

1 is a very unlucky jersey number see Penny Hardaway and Tracy Mcgrady.
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 06:55 PM   #32
Pharcyde
Big like Magic

Pharcyde is a pretty well-respected posterPharcyde is a pretty well-respected posterPharcyde is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy
Deng vs Heat in the 2007 playoffs (without Rose): 26.3 ppg on 44-76 .579% in a firstround sweep. Guy crushed Wade. His lowest scoring game that series was 22 pts; his worst shooting performance was .529%.

These kinda things can happen when teammates pass you the ball.

No, it's what happens when you don't have a leg injury and become a timid player who can no longer take his defender off the dribble very well.
Pharcyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 07:09 PM   #33
Pharcyde
Big like Magic

Pharcyde is a pretty well-respected posterPharcyde is a pretty well-respected posterPharcyde is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
That's not the only sample size I used, moron. Both players P/DP are correlated.

Teams that the Bulls played without Rose:
Wizards
Grizzlies
Suns
Cavs
Bobcats (twice)
Celtics

Teams that the Bulls played without Deng:
Nets
Pacers
Bucks
Heat
Sixers
Knicks

So the Bulls won all of their games against sub .500 teams when Rose was not playing. Two of them were the Charlotte Bobcats, AKA the worst team in the league. Their two losses come from Memphis and Boston, where both teams were in control the ENTIRE game. Why? Because the offense is ran completely different with Rose out of the game. The set offensive plays are not as efficient. There is no longer an improved pick and roll attack, instead a bunch of broken plays.

The teams that the Bulls lost to with Deng are the Pacers, Heat and Sixers. The Pacers and Heat game were both pretty close, and I think if Deng played they would have had a better chance to win those obviously. He is a better player then Brewer and Korver.

The point in this? Showing a W-L column with those two out doesn't show which player is more important. Watch the games, notice the differences. The Bulls do not play better without Rose, and they do not play infinitely worse without Deng.

Quote:
Rose does not carry that offense...not at all. 5-1 without him, nuff said.
Once again, you're wrong. Last year the offense WAS carried by Rose. Poor shooting nights that resulted in wins does not negate that. There was often very stagnate off ball movement, poor penetration from everyone but Rose, poor pick and roll/pop plays from Noah/Boozer and also Rose. There was also horrible offensive connection with Noah and Boozer together. They would both try to sit on the same side of the paint and completely clog it, resulting in poor spacing. Also, they had Keith ****ing Bogans starting at the 2 who would literally walk over to the corner and sit.
The team won with resilient effort and tough, gritty defense AND Rose's ability to create scoring and offense.

Quote:
Check the numbers, are you gonna list Rose's numbers and have me assume the Bulls cant score without him? THEY CAN. He's had horrible shooting nights where his team still pulled through.
Yes, while he was still scoring 20 or so points a game. The Bulls offense was horrendous last year, they won a lot of ugly games. The whole team was shooting bad and Rose had a bum ankle, especially in the playoffs. Soooo what is your point here? Are you going to actually post something that correlates with your argument?

Last edited by Pharcyde : 02-13-2012 at 07:12 PM.
Pharcyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 07:54 PM   #34
devin112
Local High School Star

devin112 is a pretty well-respected posterdevin112 is a pretty well-respected posterdevin112 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by unbreakable
What if he turns into Tmac because of all the back problems

I don't think God gives a shit about a basketball players back spasms.
devin112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 07:55 PM   #35
kuniva_dAMiGhTy
The First School

kuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pharcyde
Teams that the Bulls played without Rose:
Wizards
Grizzlies
Suns
Cavs
Bobcats (twice)
Celtics

Teams that the Bulls played without Deng:
Nets
Pacers
Bucks
Heat
Sixers
Knicks

Yes, because the Knicks, Bucks and Nets are all world beaters. None of these teams are contenders and if the playoffs started today, they wouldn't qualify (NY is an 8th seed, no thanks to Melo/Amare, but when Chicago played them they were still considered 'dysfunctional').

The Bulls WITHOUT Deng also played the Wizards. You conveniently left that out. I won't counter all that other drivel because I know its filled with hyperbole, lies and excuses just like this post.

You're not carrying anything when you have a heap of games shooting in the 30 percentile range.
kuniva_dAMiGhTy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 07:56 PM   #36
juju151111
Very good NBA starter

juju151111 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
I think Luol Deng may be more important to the Bulls than D-Rose. Chicago acutally plays great without Rose.

18-5 w/ him; 5-1 w/o him
19-3 w/ Deng; 4-3 w/o Deng

Doesn't mean Deng is better, but they are the facts. I said LAST YEAR that Rose was overrated, and getting WAY too much credit, and that the Bulls were loaded (they hang their hat on D). Rose can play, dude is obviously one of the best players in the game, I know that - but dont ever doubt the impact of LUOL DENG. I was proven right again. Rose was NOT carrying the team like people thought.
juju151111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 08:06 PM   #37
I.R.Beast
National High School Star

I.R.Beast is starting to rub some people the wrong wayI.R.Beast is starting to rub some people the wrong way

God got starving africans to feed he aint got time to watch over d-rose's back
I.R.Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 08:10 PM   #38
LA_Showtime
Call me the Mamba

LA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I do think it's interesting that Rose picked up weight training over the off season and now he's having injury troubles. I know it's probably due to the condensed season but sometimes I think NBA players overdue the weight training when they could probably be just as effective doing a prison-style workout.
LA_Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 09:59 PM   #39
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation

D-Rose's back has no "structural damage," reportedly.

Read here:

http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=9250
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 10:04 PM   #40
HEAT111
ohh hohohohoh

HEAT111 has decent reputation

The problem with Rose's back is the way how he gets to the basket. There's going to be an age where he won't be able to contort his body like that.

Good to see Rose safe.
HEAT111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 10:08 PM   #41
pauk
NBA Legend

pauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation here

Another Penny Hardaway / Grant Hill / T-mac situation?

j/k He will be fine
pauk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 10:08 PM   #42
Bob Cousy
Banned

Bob Cousy is considered somewhat coolBob Cousy is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celtics4ever
Deng is a product of Rose. He only is good when Rose is in the game because Rose draws so much attention. Deng can't do much by himself.
Deng was basically their franchise corner stone like half a decade back lol.

Remember the Baby Bulls ?
Bob Cousy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 10:21 PM   #43
BarberSchool
93 MJ Uber Alles

BarberSchool is starting to rub some people the wrong way

It's childish and petty and selfish, but Derrick Rose's back is in my prayers
BarberSchool is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: