Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 06-16-2006, 01:29 AM   #31
ballinhun8
Bulls | Bears | W. Sox

ballinhun8 has a near all-star reputation hereballinhun8 has a near all-star reputation hereballinhun8 has a near all-star reputation hereballinhun8 has a near all-star reputation hereballinhun8 has a near all-star reputation hereballinhun8 has a near all-star reputation here

I don't want Thomas, Bargnani, or Roy. All look like they'll be the biggest busts of the draft. Although in Bargnani's case, he's the type of player that could also have the biggest upside.

At 2, we should get Aldridge. If he is picked by TO then we trade the pick to the team willing to give us what we need (hello Minnesota or Houston [t-mac] or maybe even Boston) and keep the 16. Don't even think of Roy (Wade took his team to the final four, Roy didn't), Thomas (hello Stromile Swift 2000), or Bargnani (hello Darko 2003). The only other person I'd even remotely think of about picking this high would be..............Adam Morrison. Yes, Morrison because he's got the heart of a champion and possesses what this team needs which is another scorer to take pressure off of Gordon. Imagine Hinrich-Gordon-Morrison. Pick your poison. Nocioni's tough defense and intensity would blend perfectly w/ Morrison. Especially on defense where Nocioni would pick up the slack.

At 16, I'd take Brewer, Carney if they fall to us. I'd love to get Shannon Brown though. I think he'd be a great fit for the Bulls. He may be 6'3 and only an inch taller then Gordon but he plays bigger for his size. Maybe nbadraft.net has his height wrong but to me, when I saw him play at MSU, he looked bigger and played bigger.

Other guys I wouldn't mind at 16 (if they fell to us or not) : Shelden Williams, Josh Boone, Shawne Williams, Mardy Collins.
ballinhun8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 02:22 PM   #32
vmdv12
Kids at the park dunk on me

vmdv12 has an OK reputation so far
Default draft

NoBULL...I like that post you put up. Good point on Thomas and him saying he's better suited for SF in the NBA. I had to read that twice when I saw that. SF? Is he serious? I'm tired of reading people say Thomas is just like Swift. Come on guys! Let's be more creative! The Bulls drafting Thomas is just a smoke screen in my opinion. I just can't see it happening. Bargnani would be hard to pass up and so would Aldridge if he was there. I believe both will be better pros than Thomas. Even Morrison would be nice to see. He's more than held his own in workouts against Rudy Gay and Rodney Carney. From what I've read, he's done better than both of those guys. If Gordon can play SG at the pro level, so can Morrison. He's taller. We would need a big man behind him though in case he gets burned. We need another bigman no matter what. Ronnie Brewer in a Bulls uniform would be sweet!
vmdv12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 05:39 PM   #33
fatboy11
NBA sixth man of the year

fatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Ronnie Brewer in a Bulls uniform would be sweet!
Yes, that would be sweet for Bulls fans because he will be ROY.

Probably won't get him though. I don' think he slips past #11 after testing so well athletically in Orlando.
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 11:27 AM   #34
vmdv12
Kids at the park dunk on me

vmdv12 has an OK reputation so far
Default ROY..not Brandon Roy lol

I agree with Brewer getting ROY. He's that good. Some don't realize it I guess. He will be all over the court!

I can't believe I'm about to post this, but here it goes. I think the Bulls should somehow trade down to select O'Bryant and somehow trade up from 16 to select Brewer. How is this possible... not sure. MANY teams want to trade up so maybe it would have to be a 3 team deal. The Hornets have two 1st rounders, so we'll see. I have never been high on O'Bryant, I thought he was a stiff til I saw snap shots of him doing 360 statue of liberty dunks. His reach is incredible and he has a great wingspan. I'd say he's worth the risk as long as you can get Brewer.
vmdv12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 11:48 PM   #35
Bill Swerski

The Bulls should take one of the following @ #2...

Rodney Carney
Andrea Bargnani
Adam Morrison

The Bulls should not take any of the following @ #2

Tyrus Thomas
LeMarcus Aldridge
Sheldon Williams

The Bulls should take one of the following @ #16...

Muhammad Saer Sene
Shawne Williams

The Bulls should not draft these players @ #16

JJ Redick
Brandon Roy
Anyone under 6'7"

If we can make a trade last minute for a low pick, I wouldn't mind Marco Belinelli, or Taj Grey

Last edited by Bill Swerski : 06-19-2006 at 11:52 PM.
Old 06-20-2006, 04:07 AM   #36
pimpsquad1220
Can barely lace up my sneakers

pimpsquad1220 has an OK reputation so far

Brandon Roy will definitely be gone before 16

I think they should draft brandon Roy and keep ben gordon so you can have a sixth man and potientially have the most dangerous back court in the NBA.Paxson is'nt gonna pull a Jerry Krause..Gordon is gonna be great whether anyone wants to admit or not.There trying to build a team around quickness and defense.Now maybe Gordon can't defend that well but he can score.We can adress our size issue with free agency which means we could land Ben Wallace.The more our team plays together the better they will get.Regardless of what the bulls do in the offseason I think they will get better no matter what.The Bulls are gonna be dangerous next year...
pimpsquad1220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 08:16 AM   #37
Raildog
I airball my layups

Raildog has an OK reputation so far

They should trade down with someone who wants Morrison and get Shelden Williams...

Chandler and Williams on the inside will be pretty tough interior "d"...

With the 16th they should be looking at the best player left on the board regardless of position... it is unlikely they will get a player at 16 who could contribute anything significant straight away.
Raildog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 02:34 PM   #38
Bill Swerski

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimpsquad1220
We can adress our size issue with free agency which means we could land Ben Wallace...
Our only size issue is @ the 2 guard spot, on defense.

And if the Bulls sign Ben Wallace, I'll throw the f#@k up.

Ben Wallace gets paid far too much for what he does. And he's too old to build with. Our core is 23-25 years old, giving them a window of under 8 years to get a ring,
I doubt Wallace will be playing 8 seasons from now, he'd be 41.

...and isn't he 6'8", with it blown out ?? ???

+ he could never guard oppsing 2 guards, which is where our defensive weakness is.

Hinrich can guard smaller 2's like Wade, but a 6'6"/6'7" 2 guard like carney would be better, cause Gordon has already peaked, he cannot get any better.

Trade the MF ASAP, his value is high. Sign Drew Gooden.

Rodney Carney and Muhammad Saer Sene are who I want.

Or Bargnani/Morrison, and Sene.

Last edited by Bill Swerski : 06-20-2006 at 02:36 PM.
Old 06-20-2006, 04:11 PM   #39
CJE

CJE has an OK reputation so far
Default Thomas cancels workouts

Reports suggest he will go 1 or 2 more likely 2 with the only question being whether the Bulls will keep him or trade him.
CJE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 04:18 PM   #40
defmut
I hit open layups

defmut has an OK reputation so far

#2 Aldridge
#16 Saer Sene

or

#2 Roy
#16 Sene

The Bulls have the guards, now they need the size. If Toronto does get Aldridge at #1 then go for Roy but still pick Sene.
defmut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 02:01 AM   #41
themedicineman

themedicineman has an OK reputation so far

Do you guys think that Thomas's recent "injuries," as well as refusing to work out for certain teams will turn off potential teams in the lottery? This could be a sign of things to come if he and his agents continue to try to manipulate the system (if that is in fact what is going on). Also there is word that he is telling teams that he has recieved a top 3 guarantee, which would be moronic for any team to do, as usually teams make guarantees in the 2nd half of the 1st round.

I personally like his game, work ethic, and upside. I would like the Bulls to go big with the first pick. I was high on Aldridge before, but I am afraid he is too weak for the center spot. I trust Pax will make the right decision b/w him and Tyrus. Brandon Roy would be a safe pick at #2, but NBA. As for the #16, I agree with many other posters that Ronnie Brewer falling to us would be the best possible scenario.
themedicineman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 02:56 AM   #42
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation

It depends on whether tyrus thomas isn't working out for some teams because he has a promise, or if he isn't working out for them because he feels he's too good for them. If the latter, that's kind of lame

He has more upside than aldridge physically, but as for being a basketball player aldridge is better right now
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 03:06 PM   #43
TheBigAristotle1
Serious playground baller

TheBigAristotle1 has an OK reputation so far
Default Paul Davis

The Bulls should draft Paul Davis. He averaged 17.5 ppg, led his team to the final four as a junior, and outplayed all of the top tier college bigmen. He is 6'11" 260 lbs and players of his size, skill, and talent don't come around every day.
TheBigAristotle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 04:39 PM   #44
Birdhunter

Birdhunter has an OK reputation so far
Default Trade 2nd pick for proven player

The Bulls should trade Ben Gordon and the 2nd pick to Jazz for Boozer and the 14th pick. Other pieces would have to be included, although the Bulls would get a good rebounder and a guy who can average 20 and 10. Gordon is a good spark plug although he is undersized and could yield a good big man in a package with the 2nd pick.
Birdhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 04:41 PM   #45
TheBigAristotle1
Serious playground baller

TheBigAristotle1 has an OK reputation so far

I don't think the Bulls would do Gordon for Boozer straight up. Boozer is a good player with an atrocious contract and major injury problems.
TheBigAristotle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: