Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 06-22-2006, 05:58 PM   #46
defmut
I hit open layups

defmut has an OK reputation so far

Boozer is overrated and overpaid. Paxman is too smart to bring in B(l)oozer.
defmut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 12:57 AM   #47
Bill Swerski

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigAristotle1
The Bulls should draft Paul Davis.
ROTFLMMFAO, Paul Davis' game does not translate well, fam.
Old 06-23-2006, 09:01 AM   #48
Raildog
I airball my layups

Raildog has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigAristotle1
I don't think the Bulls would do Gordon for Boozer straight up. Boozer is a good player with an atrocious contract and major injury problems.

If he was injury free he could be a good pickup...

Boozer and Chandler up front would be quite solid!
Raildog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 11:35 AM   #49
themedicineman
Can barely lace up my sneakers

themedicineman has an OK reputation so far

I don't know how this got into a "pick-up Boozer" thread, but here is what I think.. At his best, Boozer is capable of putting up around 17-20 ppg, and 10-12 rebs, as well as solid defense. Boozer is not a great offensive threat and gets few plays run for him; he gets most of those points on put backs and out of hustle. Just based on numbers, he would be a solid addition to any team looking for a big man.

However, his injuries are obviously a cause for concern, as well as his attitude. His injuries the past 2 seasons IMO should not be a reason to stay away, as injuries happen to (almost) all players in the league, and he showed last season that he can bounce back from injuries quickly. I am sure some of his recent "attitude" troubles have to do with living in Salt Lake City, which is like living in a bizarro world. It is probably the least attractive city for NBA players (and lifestyle) to play. That is why the Jazz have had to go with mostly foreigners on their squad, as most sane people don't want to go there IMO. A change of environment will most likely have a positive effect on Boozer, especially if he goes to a good team.

Unforturnately for Boozer, the Bulls (and the rest of the NBA) won't forget the contract dispute and shady dealings with Boozer as he left Cleveland. John Paxson's brother Jim was then the GM of the Cavs, when Boozer took advantage of the team not extending him to a third year as a favor, and booking to Utah for more money. While Boozer was still young (at age 22) when that occured, it is a red flag for any team wishing to acquire him. Teams, especially the Bulls, will be weary of picking up a player with little integrity, regardless of performance.

Then again, Ron Artest had no problem finding a taker....

Last edited by themedicineman : 06-23-2006 at 11:39 AM.
themedicineman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 02:36 PM   #50
8blocksaway
I Hit Open Layups

8blocksaway has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by dak121
Package the picks and Chandler to hopefully get Garnett. Then sign Ben Wallace.

PG - Hinrich
SG - Gordon
SF - Deng
PF - Garnett
C - Wallace

That lineup is good enough to compete for the East next season.

BUT if they keep the pick, take whoever the Raptors don't or maybe trade down for Tyrus Thomas. Whoever the Bulls get will be an upgrade over what they already have.

Now this is team that can make an impact in the playoffs. The bulls need one of these players. KG would be my first choice. Then you'll have some reason for Big Ben to come here. IF no way possible to get KG then go with Marion.

I don't think we need any more young people we need some veterans.
8blocksaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 01:07 AM   #51
Bill Swerski

Garnett & Wallace are ancient, and will be far out of their prime when O'Neal retires, and the Bulls' window opens for serious title contention.

Keep it below 28, for all trades. Our young core is 23-25.
Old 06-24-2006, 10:10 AM   #52
problym_chyld04
I airball my layups

problym_chyld04 has an OK reputation so far

I would take the chances on either Bargnani, Aldridge, Morrison Gay, or Roy at #2.

Bargnani could either turn out to become like Norwitzki or R. Wallace, I'd doubt that he's gonna turn out to be the next Darko Milicic(he's doing better in Orlando and is better defensively than he is offensively)

Aldridge could possibly be manipulated to play more so in the post and add on bulk by Skiles along w/his already-developed 15ft jumpshot and Skiles would have him develop more toughness mentally also

Morrison is a player that plays w/his heart on his sleeve despite the diabetes that he has and could score from anywhere on the court; i wouldn't mind putting him at the #2 starting or coming off the bench in order to build a deeper bench for the team although he would need to develop better ball handling and get stronger physically and defensively

Gay could be the sleeper in the draft. He has the most upside in the draft I think depending on what coach he's gonna be playing for(if he goes to Atlanta, throw that upside thing out the window, they're the new-Old Los Angeles Clippers) People ? his heart and desire for the game, but you gotta give him credit for playing more of a team game rather that a 1-man takes over and hogs the ball game at UConn because UConn had a whole lotta talent(Marcus Williams who also has ROY potential and sharp-shooting Rashad Anderson who isn't even on a draft board at all IDK y not?) on that team and he could've taken over, but he didn't go that route and played the way Calhoun would've wanted him to play. He could be the all-star, superstar player that the Bulls might need within the next 2-3 yrs. At 6'8" or 6'9" with a great wingspan, he has some ballhandling ability to play at the #2 and he could be reliable on defense also against other #2's in the league and become effective on weak-side defenses and block some shots, Plus he could fit into Skiles' system well because Skiles and Calhoun are pretty similar as far as what they demand out of their players.

Brandon Roy in the NCAA tournament was kinda like a poor-man's Dwyane Wade. At 6'5"-6'6" (D. Wade's 6'4"), He almost beat UConn single-handedly and was more of an effective slasher which is more of the Bulls' style of play; and by slashing, you're gonna get to the line a couple of times (Check out how many times D. Wade goes to the line: he just about averages between 12-16pts from the line because of how many times he drives to the basket, something that the bulls rarely don't do because sometimes they will fall in love w/the jumpshot and not drive to the bucket(Nocioni does drive a lot to the basket, IMO he's arguably the bulls' best player and he WAS their best player in the playoffs against the Heat)), and he's an effective defensive player also at the #2. FT shooting is a + also, especially if you're a slasher because you're gonna get to the line a lotta times and you gotta make the FT's if you're a slasher, and he's improved on his jumper out to at least between 15-19ft. He's the most complete and by-far developed player in this draft. The only thing that he has to work on is his NBA-range 3pt shooting(similar to D. Wade). The only thing that he lacks that isn't like D. Wade is athleticism and explosiveness (which is something i could live with).

And I wouldn't take a chance on Ty Thomas because he only showed up outta nowhere in the tournament and didn't even play a full year in college because of injuries and you guys see that he's injury-prone already by having stomach and groin pains and pulling outta workouts so i think that it's too risky to take him because he's not that talented offensively and he wouldn't have any true NBA-positioning at the #4 or #3, nobody's ?ning his defensive ability (was looking like B. Wallace in the tournament) and rebounding, but i would think that it's too much of a chance to take a risk on a project like him because you don't know for sure what you're gonna get. I mean, you don't know if you're gonna get Ben Wallace or Shawn Marion (either would be good), or if you're gonna get Stromile Swift (which would be horrid).

Last edited by problym_chyld04 : 06-24-2006 at 10:12 AM.
problym_chyld04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 06:36 PM   #53
wizard2382

wizard2382 has an OK reputation so far

there are only 3 olayes the bulls shouls use the 3rd pick on.

lamarcus aldridge- the obvious choice if there. bulls need size and defense he gives both. tyrus thomas has a god upside but who wants to wait.

andea barganani- talks about him being dirk nowitski are intreging. he has size and awsome range. saw him play in euroleague. he is a gem. not better than aldridge though.

brandon roy- not likely but i think he is a better choice than thomas. bulls need a big guard he is the best guard. then at 16 they take thebo sheflaso (sp). but like i said not likely.
wizard2382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 09:49 PM   #54
Mikel

Mikel has an OK reputation so far
Default Da Bulls

The Bulls first option should be to go for some veteran players. If possible they need to try to package a deal for Kevin Garnett. Their are alot of ppl who say he is over the Hill and getting old. But I guess ppl forgot he came into the league at the ripe age of 18 and is only 28. He avg. over 21 & 10 & is still a dominant force and one of the best big men in the league. His leadership is what we need the most and he is one of those players that you never have to question his work ethic or passion for the game. I would also try to add either Ben Wallace along with KG but if that doesnt go through, a free agent by the name of Al Harrington is still out there. If this team is assembled then i believe the Bulls have a great chance to make run for the championship. If anyone noticed the Bulls truthfully gave the Heat the biggest scare in the playoffs(not Dallas). I know many ppl are saying what? But if you think about it, the Heat were never phased by the Dallas Mavs b/c they dont play defense, while that is the most important thing to Scott Skiles. And adding KG and Ben or Al will make us an even better defensive team and offensive. With that beign said the Heat may have one more run in them and after that the East will be dominated by teams like Cleaveland,Orlando, & New Jersey. WIth this team we will clearly have an edge b/c of our mature playoff experienced youth and our defensive mentality that we get from our coach.

If we go the other route, we should draft LaMarcus if available and if he isnt then go for Roy or Gay. Roy will help us defensively against bigger guards, hopefully, but he will be able to slash and get to the basket.

Gay would allow us to get rid of Loul by trading him. Even though I like Deng's game he isnt quick enough or explosive enough. While Gay on the other hand is a quicker and more explosive player than Deng. Deng has alot of trouble playing quicker guys and sometimes has problems scoring. I just think he doesn't fit in with our scheme. With Gay we could package him with Duhon(Getting rid of both Duke players, they tend to be under achievers in the NBA: Laetner, Jones, Hill w/his injuries and so on) while Uconn players shine right away: Gordon, Hamilton, Butler, Okafor, and so on. Trading away Duhon and Deng would allow Gay to come off the bench and develop his game while Nocioni took the starting role for the moment. By packaging Duhon and Deng you could shop around for a 2 guard like Ray Allen who has about 3 good years left in the tank. this would make our back court the best in the league. Or we could packagethem for a big man like KG. And with the 16th pick we could pick a 2 guard like Rashaad Anderson or Dehnam Brown. Anderson is 6'6 and can shoot lights out, and Brown is scorer/defender, In college he took on the role as defender and took the backseat on scoring but he is fully capable. Here's a fact, Brown once scored 115 points in a high school game! Either way both players have played 4yrs of college ball @ UCONN ( a winning program) and are team players. They could have easily been superstars but choose not to have big ego's and they would be along side fellow teamate Ben Gordon once again and did mention they both went to UCONN.

Here are some players to avoid: 1) Barganani: Who needs another Dirk, He cant play Defense and we dont need a big man who can shoot 3's we need someone to rebound and block. We shot enough 3's this year.

2) Thomas: Too much of a risk. THough he has alot of upside, to much of a work in progress. Bulls have lost twicein the first round, its time we go to the next level. He belongs on a team like the Hawks!

3.) Morrison: Though i love his heart for the game, and his scoring ability, He's too slow and lacks defense. HE will be a good player just not for the Bulls i hope!

4) JJ Reddick: Alcohol seems to be a problem for him. As i stated b4 Duke players are not good in the NBA, they never live up to the Hype. He'll be a great 3 pt shooter, maybe the next Steve Kerr.

5) Sheldon Williams: Cut Boozers numbers in half and you have Sheldon Williams. Will play alot of back up.

Team I would like to see:

1-Kirk
2-Gordon/(Hasaan or Rashaad or Dehnam Brown) 2nd round
3-Nocioni/Gay (2nd pick)
4-KG( package for 16th pick,Duhon, and Deng)
5-Tyson

NOTE: We stil would have 20 Mill in Cap money to shp around for a veteran 2 guard like Joe Johnson or a PF like ben Wallace or Al Harrington who is young and avg 19pts and almost 9 rebs last yr!!!!! SMELLS LIKE THE START OF THE NEW DYNASTY!!!!!!!

Last edited by Mikel : 06-25-2006 at 10:01 PM.
Mikel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 10:02 PM   #55
Mikel

1) Barganani: Who needs another Dirk, He cant play Defense and we dont need a big man who can shoot 3's we need someone to rebound and block. We shot enough 3's this year.
Old 06-25-2006, 10:02 PM   #56
Mikel

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizard2382
there are only 3 olayes the bulls shouls use the 3rd pick on.

lamarcus aldridge- the obvious choice if there. bulls need size and defense he gives both. tyrus thomas has a god upside but who wants to wait.

andea barganani- talks about him being dirk nowitski are intreging. he has size and awsome range. saw him play in euroleague. he is a gem. not better than aldridge though.

brandon roy- not likely but i think he is a better choice than thomas. bulls need a big guard he is the best guard. then at 16 they take thebo sheflaso (sp). but like i said not likely.
1) Barganani: Who needs another Dirk, He cant play Defense and we dont need a big man who can shoot 3's we need someone to rebound and block. We shot enough 3's this year.
Old 06-26-2006, 06:02 PM   #57
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter

ConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this board

The Bulls should not give up Deng unless it's for LeBron James or Dwyane Wade. The Bulls should keep Kirk Hinrich, Loul Deng, Ben Gordon and Nocioni. If the Bulls can get Kevin Garnett for Tyson Chandler, Chris Duhon and the #2 pick then go for it. But they should keep Hinrich, Deng, Gordon and Nocioni.
ConanRulesNBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 12:21 PM   #58
Bulls_Fan20
Local High School Star

Bulls_Fan20 has decent reputationBulls_Fan20 has decent reputation
If they decide to keep the #2 pick, it had better be to draft Aldridge. Nobody in Chicago wants a player like Thomas who, right now, is another Tyson Chandler. So what if he has the potential to be like Amare, right now he is nothing, not even a proven, 4-year college player. Look at Atlanta's roster. They have lots of high-flying athletes with potential, but they suck. We have one glaring need, and that is a big guy that can play as a true center. Either take Aldridge #2 or Saer Sene with the #16 pick.
Bulls_Fan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 07:40 PM   #59
TheBigAristotle1
Serious playground baller

TheBigAristotle1 has an OK reputation so far

Tyrus Thomas can shoot, pass, and can actually finish near the basket. 2 of those things Chandler is terrible at (finishing and and shooting). Chandler has horrid hands and the worst standing verticle of any bigman in the league.

Quote:
ROTFLMMFAO, Paul Davis' game does not translate well, fam

Why? The guy led his team to the final four two years ago, and is statistically the best bigman on the board. He has also outplayed every top tier bigman he has faced. IMO he is a lottery pick and a steal at #16
TheBigAristotle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 10:43 PM   #60
yooj03
I Hit Open Layups

yooj03 has an OK reputation so far
Default Greg Oden with the Knicks pick?

Isaiah coaching and the non-impact draft pick from knicks and all the untradeable contracts, should I be holding out my dreams of getting Oden next year's draft?!
yooj03 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: