Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 01-08-2007, 08:25 PM   #1
funkylikemonkey
Football In The Groin

funkylikemonkey has an OK reputation so far
Default Films to look for in 2007

What 5 films in 2007 are you looking foward to seeing? I'm sure there are lots that I don't know about and some that I enjoy that I don't know are being released, by my top 5 would have to be:

Spider Man 3-Venom...
300-Looks visually amazing
Grindhouse-Bound to have some good action
There Will Be Blood-I have faith in P.T. Anderson
Be Kind Rewind-Sound like a great idea for a film frm Michel Gondry

I will see the Simpsons movie because 90's Simpsons were the best years of TV in history...but it probably won't be good.

I'm also on the fence on whether Danny Boyle's new film "Sunshine" will be any good, haven't even seen a trailer yet, so I'll have to wait.

Just want to post the plot for Be Kind Rewind...it's pretty cool.

Quote:
A man (Black) whose brain becomes magnetized unintentionally destroys every tape in his friend's video store. In order to satisfy the store's most loyal renter, an aging woman with signs of dementia, the two men set out to remake the lost films, which include Back to the Future, The Lion King, and Robocop.

Also, the crazy trailer for 300:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=qjD8A7h2Z9g
funkylikemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 08:33 PM   #2
LAZYBOY
PERMA-BANNED

LAZYBOY has an OK reputation so far

Ghost Rider
Spider-Man 3
The Dark Knight
Iron Man
Transformers
Die Hard 4

I'm excited about all of these, and they're all scheduled to come out this year!
LAZYBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 08:47 PM   #3
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

That 300 trailer was sick i am definitely gonna see that one
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 08:50 PM   #4
B-Low
The Love B-Low

B-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Spider Man 3
Transformers
Pirates 3
Ninja Turtles
Simpsons
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 08:57 PM   #5
GoRapz
Fire Dwane Casey

GoRapz has decent reputation

Rush Hour 3
GoRapz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 09:14 PM   #6
TMacsOneGoodEye
College star

TMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this boardTMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this boardTMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this boardTMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this board

There will be blood will not be out in 2007. PT Anderson is notorious for taking awhile in post. I remember Punch Drunk was in post for 2 years! It would be awesome if it came out in 2007.

Movies I'm looking forward to in 2007? There Will Be Blood. The new film from the amazing PT Anderson.

Oh, and I guess The Dark Knight. But that's a distant second.

Oh, and the Harry Potters are getting better as they go along, so the new HP.
TMacsOneGoodEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 09:19 PM   #7
funkylikemonkey
Football In The Groin

funkylikemonkey has an OK reputation so far

IMDB has Dark Knight set for 2008, if it's 2007 I'd bump it to the top.
funkylikemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 09:31 PM   #8
SCdac
Very good NBA starter

SCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputation

Of course: 300... anybody who's a dude needs to put this in their list RIGHT NOW godddamnit. (anybody else ever feel like giving one of those Spartan kicks to the chest!? Dude kicks up by his neck and sh*t)

Others (in order):

Get Smart - The show was absolute comedy gold, used to watch it on Nick at Night ALOT... and they're getting Steve Carrell to play Maxwell Smart. No previews yet, but I'm going to see this whether it turns out to be good or bad. Huge nostalgia factor going on.

Reno 911: Miami - I looove Reno 911. Also love that alot of their show is improvised. I don't expect the movie to be the same, but I'm sure this'll be great. That crew of comedians has been great even dating back to the skit show on MTV in the nineties, "The State".

Reign Over Me - looks awesome. Adam Sandler in a serious/dramatic role. Not a slapstick comedy or anything like that... The plot isn't coming to me right now, but I know Sandlers character is troubled, but that's about it.

Grindhouse - Double Feature (Tarantino, Rodriguez), McGowan (sp?) with a gun for a leg, zombie-like creatures, Fergie probably gets killed... what's not to love??

Transformers - I have a feeling this movie won't be as good as it's hyped up to be (it is a Micheal Bay flick afterall)... Yet, I really want to see it.

Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer - hated the first one, but any movie with a decent looking Silver Surfer (like this one) is a must see for me.

The Last Mimzy - looks fairly intriguing. Can't wait to see what this movie unfolds.

Bee Movie - what can I say, I'm a huge Seinfeld fan. I'll see this whether it's rated G or not.

Honorable Mention: Epic Movie - ok, I know this is going to suck, but it'll probably suck so bad it's good. Not to mention there's a Borat spoof, so I'm game.

On the Bubble: Ghostrider (looks like crap to be frank), Simpsons Movie, Die Hard 4 (doesn't look too good either IMO), TMNT (looks ok, not too bad, but not at the top of my list either), Hannibal Rising, Shrek 3

PS. sorry of the long post. I'm a projectionist at a theater and I watch movie trailers (and movies) for a living, so to say.
SCdac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 09:34 PM   #9
SCdac
Very good NBA starter

SCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputation

Oh yeah, Fred Claus will be a riot I bet (at least for a PG 13 movie)

Vince Vaughn and Paul Giamatti in the same movie!?
Old 01-08-2007, 10:00 PM   #10
B-Low
The Love B-Low

B-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoRapz
Rush Hour 3

Are you serious? Is this really coming out??
Old 01-09-2007, 12:00 AM   #11
Zombles
Local High School Star

Zombles has decent reputation

300, and Anderson's new one.

different kind of films, entertainment vs art, but both could be amazing.
Zombles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 12:38 AM   #12
hateraid
Is it in you?

hateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCdac

PS. sorry of the long post. I'm a projectionist at a theater and I watch movie trailers (and movies) for a living, so to say.

I've always been interested in a job like that. I'm deeply involved in my company but just curious, how good is the pay?
hateraid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 07:55 AM   #13
SCdac
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hateraid
I've always been interested in a job like that. I'm deeply involved in my company but just curious, how good is the pay?

The pay, it's not too great (7.15 ph). But, I'm certain it varies from theater to theater, corporation to corporation. The particular theater I work at is fairly large, but owned by a pretty "cheap" person (pretty stingy on the pay rate, raises, etc). Evidently has been for years, despite being a millionaire... Of about forty employees total, there's only six projectionists at my theater. Most of us in college, early to late twenties, all dudes (for no particular reason)... It's def the ultimate job if you're into movies. Get lots of hands on experience with film and high quality custom projectors. Get to watch any press-screenings that come in (for instance, I saw "Children of Men" awhile before it came out), as well as any movie currently in the theater. Lots of downtime, can watch movies all day really. Not to mention, all the promotional stuff we get, sometimes well in advance (t-shirts, banners, posters, stickers, buttons, etc)... So, there's definitely perks, but it's not the most high paying job by any means. Theaters, in general, attract a pretty low age group in terms of employees.

Last edited by SCdac : 01-09-2007 at 07:58 AM.
Old 01-09-2007, 11:21 PM   #14
GoRapz
Fire Dwane Casey

GoRapz has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Low
Are you serious? Is this really coming out??

August 10th, 2007
GoRapz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 11:54 PM   #15
B-Low
The Love B-Low

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoRapz
August 10th, 2007

Whoooa i better go camp out now to make sure i get a ticket!
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: