Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 01-16-2012, 12:46 AM   #1
D-Wade316
F***

D-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputation
Default Rome: Total War

Anyone playing this game besides me?
D-Wade316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 06:24 PM   #2
outbreak
Custom User Title

outbreak has a near all-star reputation hereoutbreak has a near all-star reputation hereoutbreak has a near all-star reputation hereoutbreak has a near all-star reputation hereoutbreak has a near all-star reputation hereoutbreak has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: Rome: Total War

Not currently but i loved this game. So much fun and so much better then the latest ones for some reason. I used to make roman armies full of archers and just destroy people with arrows :P
outbreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 07:16 PM   #3
Bladers
Banned

Bladers has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBladers has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBladers has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBladers has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBladers has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBladers has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBladers has one of the lowest reputations on this board

is it like AOE?
Bladers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 06:20 AM   #4
D-Wade316
F***

D-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputationD-Wade316 has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by outbreak
Not currently but i loved this game. So much fun and so much better then the latest ones for some reason. I used to make roman armies full of archers and just destroy people with arrows :P
Especially the mods. Roma Surrectum and Rome Total Realism VII.
Old 05-31-2012, 01:10 AM   #5
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Bump this thread.

My all time favorite PC game... Still a great game today with great graphics for it's time..

Hopefully they'll make a Rome total war 2.. I think I'll buy a brand new expensive PC for that..
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 09:58 AM   #6
BoogieWoogieMan
Wu is the Way

BoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I am addicted to this game! I first started playing as the Julii, and played the long playthrough. Ended up conquering ahead of my Roman brethrens, so I blocked their path and they remained pretty small, territory wise. Then amassed a gigantic army around Rome, and when I decided to go against the Senate, I launched the attack before they realized what was happening.

My friend showed me how to mod the game, so now I'm playing as the Macedonians and I already taken out all of the Roman factions. Everybody else is still alive though. It's weird playing the game without the Romans tho.
BoogieWoogieMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 10:59 PM   #7
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoogieWoogieMan
I am addicted to this game! I first started playing as the Julii, and played the long playthrough. Ended up conquering ahead of my Roman brethrens, so I blocked their path and they remained pretty small, territory wise. Then amassed a gigantic army around Rome, and when I decided to go against the Senate, I launched the attack before they realized what was happening.

My friend showed me how to mod the game, so now I'm playing as the Macedonians and I already taken out all of the Roman factions. Everybody else is still alive though. It's weird playing the game without the Romans tho.

There are alot of good mods for this game..

Playing with the phalanx kicks ass.. A bit unfair tho
Old 06-01-2012, 11:27 AM   #8
BoogieWoogieMan
Wu is the Way

BoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBoogieWoogieMan is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickballer

Playing with the Spartans feels even more rigged. And do you notice how the AI hardly uses cavalry?
Old 06-01-2012, 11:31 AM   #9
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Playing with the Spartans feels even more rigged. And do you notice how the AI hardly uses cavalry?

It's been awhile since I played vanilla RTW but yea the Spartans were extremely overpowered.

BRB getting my phalanx units in a circle and watching enemy units run into the spears
Old 06-01-2012, 11:47 AM   #10
D-Wade316
F***

Quote:

I just love RTR VII. Economic system that has no rivals, bad ass graphics too. Mini-regions, as much as they are useless in ecpnomics, play a part in politics and war.
Old 06-01-2012, 11:52 AM   #11
D-Wade316
F***

Quote:
The AI is stupid as ****. Charging cavalry straight into enemy lines. I've heard the AI in STW2 was more intelligent. Not charging into enemy lines and showing patience.
Old 06-01-2012, 11:58 AM   #12
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Wade316
The AI is stupid as ****. Charging cavalry straight into enemy lines. I've heard the AI in STW2 was more intelligent. Not charging into enemy lines and showing patience.

Well, It depends on the difficulty you set it out but in general AI is very dumb at times. But that's expected for a game that was made in 2004!! BTW, Have you ever done seige battles? That will make you pull your hair our with the stupidity of the AI
Old 06-01-2012, 12:02 PM   #13
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
I just love RTR VII. Economic system that has no rivals, bad ass graphics too. Mini-regions, as much as they are useless in ecpnomics, play a part in politics and war.

Didn't realize they made a new rome total realism.. Played that mod back in 2007 lol. Might have to give it a go...
Old 06-01-2012, 12:09 PM   #14
D-Wade316
F***

Quote:
Well, It depends on the difficulty you set it out but in general AI is very dumb at times. But that's expected for a game that was made in 2004!! BTW, Have you ever done seige battles? That will make you pull your hair our with the stupidity of the AI
Of course. I win sieges with relative ease, unless I encounter tough resistance on the walls. When I capture towers, the AI usually comes near them and get pummeled by their arrows. I don't even need to engage them because they could easily destroy the enemy troops on the ground who are repeatedly moving from one place to another. Usually within the towers range.
Old 06-01-2012, 11:34 PM   #15
BoogieWoogieMan
Wu is the Way

Quote:

I'm thinking about downloading that realism mod, just for the challange. Whenever I get sieged, I let the enemy take the wall and I bring all my troops to the town square and set up phalanx at every entrance and the enemy continuously charges into them.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: