Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 02-26-2012, 12:24 AM   #946
bisk

bisk has a terrific reputationbisk has a terrific reputationbisk has a terrific reputationbisk has a terrific reputationbisk has a terrific reputationbisk has a terrific reputation
Default Re: All-Star 2012: NBA Slam Dunk Contest discussion thread

http://www.startribune.com/sports/wolves/139471598.html

Shame he couldn't pull it off.
bisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 12:25 AM   #947
statman32
NBA Legend

statman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by irondarts
The best thing about this Dunk Contest was Charles Barkley's commentary.
Actually, I would say that Puff Daddy asking Chase Budinger what his name was, was pretty damn hilarious AND sad.
statman32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 12:27 AM   #948
Gundress
Banned

Gundress has a terrific reputationGundress has a terrific reputationGundress has a terrific reputationGundress has a terrific reputationGundress has a terrific reputationGundress has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by bisk

Jason Richardson already done that shit.
http://youtu.be/hSS9RJnZ4Ok

Interesting...I read that Vince Carter and J-Rich said they don't like to practice dunks for slam dunk contest cause it would ruin them so they rather come up freestyle and usually would make it.
Gundress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 12:27 AM   #949
Faptastrophe
Rivalries Never Die

Faptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFaptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFaptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFaptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFaptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFaptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFaptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFaptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFaptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFaptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFaptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Am I the only one who really liked this? http://i.imgur.com/o2gHl.jpg

Good dunk+ movie refference. 9/10 in my book.
Faptastrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 12:28 AM   #950
bisk

bisk has a terrific reputationbisk has a terrific reputationbisk has a terrific reputationbisk has a terrific reputationbisk has a terrific reputationbisk has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundress

Well no shit.
bisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 12:31 AM   #951
Rake2204
5-time NBA All-Star

Rake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

Interesting...I read that Vince Carter and J-Rich said they don't like to practice dunks for slam dunk contest cause it would ruin them so they rather come up freestyle and usually would make it.
I actually have heard Vince state on numerous occasions that his 2000 contest dunks were indeed all made up on the spot, as you said. If that is to be believed, my wonder has always been: What were his original plans?
Rake2204 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 12:34 AM   #952
Gundress
Banned

Gundress has a terrific reputationGundress has a terrific reputationGundress has a terrific reputationGundress has a terrific reputationGundress has a terrific reputationGundress has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by bisk
Well no shit.

The last good dunk was.....

http://youtu.be/PejeH1uzDJs
Old 02-26-2012, 12:36 AM   #953
FashionIssues
Smooth Operator

FashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
The last good dunk was.....

http://youtu.be/PejeH1uzDJs
jrich owns the 2 hardest dunks of all time.
FashionIssues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 12:38 AM   #954
Gundress
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rake2204
I actually have heard Vince state on numerous occasions that his 2000 contest dunks were indeed all made up on the spot, as you said. If that is to be believed, my wonder has always been: What were his original plans?

I remember Vince Carter told Shaq that he was going to do 720 but Shaq ruined and told everybody that VC gonna to do 720.....so VC decided not to do. VC should have kept his mouth shut and surprised the shit out of everybody or he just lied that he can't do 720?
Old 02-26-2012, 12:42 AM   #955
Rake2204
5-time NBA All-Star

Rake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
I remember Vince Carter told Shaq that he was going to do 720 but Shaq ruined and told everybody that VC gonna to do 720.....so VC decided not to do. VC should have kept his mouth shut and surprised the shit out of everybody or he just lied that he can't do 720?
Actually, my interpretation over the years was that Shaq was just making things up for TNT. He said that during a random sideline interview off the cusp during the contest. I mean, I guess he could have known something we didn't, but I never took it as being legitimate.
Old 02-26-2012, 12:47 AM   #956
Faptastrophe
Rivalries Never Die

Faptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFaptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFaptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFaptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFaptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFaptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFaptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFaptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFaptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFaptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFaptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I don't understand why there is such negativity in this thread. This dunk contest was way better than last year and more bearable to watch than watching Griffin win for jumping over the hood of a car.

Paul George - Tron: 360 windmill.
Paul George - Windmill after putting a sticker on the backboard
Derrick Williams - 360 dunk off the side of the backboard
Jeremy Evans - Catching 2 balls and dunking them both
Chase Budinger - Reverse while blind-folded.

If this is not creative and entertaining, then I don't know what is.
Faptastrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 12:52 AM   #957
Rake2204
5-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faptastrophe
I don't understand why there is such negativity in this thread. This dunk contest was way better than last year and more bearable to watch than watching Griffin win for jumping over the hood of a car.

Paul George - Tron: 360 windmill.
Paul George - Windmill after putting a sticker on the backboard
Derrick Williams - 360 dunk off the side of the backboard
Jeremy Evans - Catching 2 balls and dunking them both
Chase Budinger - Reverse while blind-folded.

If this is not creative and entertaining, then I don't know what is.
1. I couldn't see George's imitation of VC
2. Paul took seemingly a dozen attempts and multiple stickers to complete that slam (though I agree the highlight will look nice sans misses)
3. Nice Dunk, wish it was first attempt
4. Nice Dunk, wish it was first attempt
5. Could clearly see out the bottom on 2nd attempt, if not through. Cheapened by weird fan counting and Kenny Smith

I don't think it's a coincidence that the two nicest dunks of the night were those not involving gimmicks. And while last year's contest ended on a low note (Griffin over the Kia), I thought the body of work surpassed this contest's by light years. DeRozan, McGree, Ibaka, and yes, even Blake Griffin all had at least two notably great dunks.

More than anything else, making the contest about everything except the dunk is what damned it all for me.
Old 02-26-2012, 12:54 AM   #958
Rockets(T-mac)
NBA sixth man of the year

Rockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputation

I think if you called all the guys from the 2000 dunks contest back, they could've put on a better show than this..... what a waste of a saturday night.
Rockets(T-mac) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 12:57 AM   #959
Rake2204
5-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockets(T-mac)
I think if you called all the guys from the 2000 dunks contest back, they could've put on a better show than this..... what a waste of a saturday night.
That's the truth.
Old 02-26-2012, 01:05 AM   #960
Schism
I airball my layups

Schism has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faptastrophe
Am I the only one who really liked this? http://i.imgur.com/o2gHl.jpg

Good dunk+ movie refference. 9/10 in my book.

Probably, the only dunk I really enjoyed.
Schism is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: