Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 02-26-2012, 11:23 AM   #991
Dictator
Insidehoops Mafia

Dictator is popular on this boardDictator is popular on this boardDictator is popular on this boardDictator is popular on this boardDictator is popular on this board
Default Re: All-Star 2012: NBA Slam Dunk Contest discussion thread

Paul George should have easily won this.....

360 reverse bseline windmill
jump over 7'2 dunk
reverse baseline windmill while placing a sticker at the other end

Paul got robbed
Dictator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 11:47 AM   #992
Rake2204
7-time NBA All-Star

Rake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dictator
Paul George should have easily won this.....

360 reverse bseline windmill
jump over 7'2 dunk
reverse baseline windmill while placing a sticker at the other end

Paul got robbed
I feel as though he robbed himself. The 360 windmill was in complete darkness with insufficient glow. It wasn't as solid as Vince Carter's and we could hardly see it. I didn't even know if he made it. Unfortunately, I think the gimmick overshadowed the dunk, just as it did on other player's slams. A lot of folks were more worried about the lights than the slam itself.

The leap over Hibbert was clearly boost-enhanced. Further, it took numerous attempts. Sometimes, a couple of attempts is alright if the crowd is buzzing from the insanity they think is about to ensue. However, leaping over a player while using a hand on their shoulder to ensure clearance while providing a boost is something everyone has seen before, even if Roy Hibbert is 7'2''. As a critic would say, Vince Carter did that dunk over a guy the same height, while he was facing him, during Olympic play, on his first attempt.

The baseline 360 was damned by the insane amount of attempts. Again, the gimmick honestly distracted me from the dunk itself. Virtually the entire time, I was first wondering what was in his hand. Then, once I saw him fail, I was more concerned about what would happen if he pasted the sticker but missed the slam. Would he just leave the sticker up there? Would there be a backboard of Larry Bird stickers before he was finished? Did the adhesive on the subsequent Bird stickers have to be prepared? Was he going to make the random assistant peel off the back? Even sans props, the dunk lost its luster after the 3rd attempt or so. At that point, finishing the dunk brought about more of a, "Yay, we're a little glad you finally did it" response than a "Whoa! Sweet!" reaction.
Rake2204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 11:49 AM   #993
Whoah10115
Linja Status

Whoah10115 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

The big problem with the glow in the dark dunk is that you can't really see it completed...duh?
Whoah10115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 02:25 PM   #994
Rockets(T-mac)
NBA sixth man of the year

Rockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputation

If George got a glow in the dark ball I think it would've been better, in real time, I couldn't see the ball at all, I know what dunk he did, but couldn't see the ball at all.

And yes, if you watch the recap of the contest, it doesn't look that bad, but watching it in real time, with all the misses and Kenny Smith not being able to shut his damn mouth (everything he did was so obviously scripted that I was just facing palming every time I heard his voice), just made the contest boring as hell. And as usual gimmicks and props take away from the contest, it's a "dunk" contest, go out there and dunk. Props used sparingly and for a purpose is different, but just jumping over a bike for the sake of it doesn't entertain me.
Rockets(T-mac) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 02:30 PM   #995
Bob Cousy
Banned

Bob Cousy is considered somewhat coolBob Cousy is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoah10115
The big problem with the glow in the dark dunk is that you can't really see it completed...duh?
that was what he failed to understand.

the most important thing is the BALL, we have to see if the ball went through the net or not. All we saw was the 360 but the ball wasn't glowing.

but yeah he should have won anyways though, Jeremy Evans should have been kicked out the arena after his first dunk.
Bob Cousy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 02:32 PM   #996
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

Meticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockets(T-mac)
If George got a glow in the dark ball I think it would've been better, in real time, I couldn't see the ball at all, I know what dunk he did, but couldn't see the ball at all.

And yes, if you watch the recap of the contest, it doesn't look that bad, but watching it in real time, with all the misses and Kenny Smith not being able to shut his damn mouth (everything he did was so obviously scripted that I was just facing palming every time I heard his voice), just made the contest boring as hell. And as usual gimmicks and props take away from the contest, it's a "dunk" contest, go out there and dunk. Props used sparingly and for a purpose is different, but just jumping over a bike for the sake of it doesn't entertain me.
YES!
Meticode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 03:09 PM   #997
strifed169
National High School Star

strifed169 is considered somewhat coolstrifed169 is considered somewhat cool

they should have had a glow in the dark ball, that would be cool
strifed169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 03:24 PM   #998
no pun intended
Mozart Basketball

no pun intended has an incredible reputation hereno pun intended has an incredible reputation hereno pun intended has an incredible reputation hereno pun intended has an incredible reputation hereno pun intended has an incredible reputation hereno pun intended has an incredible reputation hereno pun intended has an incredible reputation here

So this was where Paul George got the idea.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2di6tbE-Gz0
no pun intended is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 03:53 PM   #999
DMV2
NBA Stats Watcher

DMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I have no problem with Jeremy Evans winning. He was the most consistent in terms of attempts(only tried the two-ball dunk two or three times) and also had the best overall dunk. His other two dunks weren't special but he didn't bore the crowd off with a bunch of misses.

Rake2204 already sated George's flaws.

Anyway, after watching the highlights on youtube it wasn't as bad as it was live like Rockets(T-mac) said. Obviously the editing helps a lot.

Each guy had at least one great dunk, which was good to see. Evans with the two-ball, Budinger with the reverse blindfold, Williams with the 360 alley from Rubio and George's Tron dunk.

Last edited by DMV2 : 02-26-2012 at 03:56 PM.
DMV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 04:13 PM   #1000
Alamo
Banned

Alamo has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zackmorris
Actually would've been better if Kevin Hart wasn't there.

He would not have gotten as many votes without Kevin Hart being there.
Alamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 06:15 PM   #1001
swi7ch
Banned

swi7ch has not been impressing people

Why was Chase Buddinger allowed in this contest again?
swi7ch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 08:43 PM   #1002
cavEman2
I airball my layups

cavEman2 has an OK reputation so far

lmao best thing i got from this thread
cavEman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: