Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 02-16-2012, 08:06 PM   #16
BØBØ
Local High School Star

BØBØ is popular on this boardBØBØ is popular on this boardBØBØ is popular on this boardBØBØ is popular on this boardBØBØ is popular on this board
Default Re: Minnesota Talking To Lakers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicmanfan
This trade to Minny makes no sense. Who would they send back?

Pau makes $18.7mil.

Their offer includes Williams who makes $4.6mil.

Who do they include to get close to Pau's salary?

How would the lakers bring in 5-6 new players?

Makes no sense...

They would have to send back more still Minnesota is under the cap so they don't have to absorb or match all of Paus salary in a trade
BØBØ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 08:17 PM   #17
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BØBØ
Trading Kobe for draft picks and rookies is rebuilding

Trading Odom and Pau for Chris Paul is retooling

Trading Metta is relaxing

Trading Pau for Derrick Williams is repulsive

Apparently you guys didn't read the whole thread. Nowhere did I say it was a good idea trading Pau for Derrick Williams was smart..... I also mentioned it would probably take a 3rd team and there would be more players involved. Don't shoot the messenger. I only saw the rumor and thought it was an interesting topic of discussion. I just pointed out the fact that big changes are going to come. This team is absolutely rebuilding! Losing Odom, Pau, (maybe Bynum), and eventually having a new starting PG (cause we know Fish is done) is rebuilding. Nobody will convince me otherwise. When you get rid of all your core guys with the exception of your one superstar that's rebuilding.

Last edited by dd24 : 02-16-2012 at 08:20 PM.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 08:26 PM   #18
Bosnian Sajo
(-_-)(X_X)BB(9_9)(^_^)

Bosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Ridnour/Beasley/Williams/Pick for Gasol
Bosnian Sajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 08:28 PM   #19
Bosnian Sajo
(-_-)(X_X)BB(9_9)(^_^)

Bosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Not saying its a GREAT trade, but it does fill out some of our needs and give us more depth. Plus Beasley and Williams are both young, and we need some more young players for the future.

http://gyazo.com/5feb649ad3155f236ed...png?1329441446

This is IF the rumor is true btw
Bosnian Sajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 08:33 PM   #20
BØBØ
Local High School Star

BØBØ is popular on this boardBØBØ is popular on this boardBØBØ is popular on this boardBØBØ is popular on this boardBØBØ is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd24
Apparently you guys didn't read the whole thread. Nowhere did I say it was a good idea trading Pau for Derrick Williams was smart..... I also mentioned it would probably take a 3rd team and there would be more players involved. Don't shoot the messenger. I only saw the rumor and thought it was an interesting topic of discussion. I just pointed out the fact that big changes are going to come. This team is absolutely rebuilding! Losing Odom, Pau, (maybe Bynum), and eventually having a new starting PG (cause we know Fish is done) is rebuilding. Nobody will convince me otherwise. When you get rid of all your core guys with the exception of your one superstar that's rebuilding.
I never said you did. I said trading Pau for Williams would be repulsive. As for rebuilding? I think your definition and mine are different. My version of rebuilding is throwing in the towel for 3-4 seasons in an effort to build a sustainable long term core.

Trading players as they age and replacing them with other vets that are slightly younger or fill a need as in Pau for CP3 is not rebuilding to me, it's retooling or reloading if you want.

You could trade Pau for CP3 Bynum for Howard, Artest and a few role players for Tyson Chandler and I'd still call it retooling.

Trade Kobe and Pau for a youth movement and you're rebuilding
BØBØ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 04:34 AM   #21
kobe080
Can barely lace up my sneakers

kobe080 has an OK reputation so far

We are not rebuilding.

If we are going hardcore for the next three years until kobe's contract runs out, that's not rebuilding.

Rebuilding is when we dump all players through expiring contracts and get draft picks and young players.

Name one key young player we got recently that you can build a team around.

Mavs draft pick is not rebuilding pick, it is a trade bait to lure Orlando to give up DH.

If we trade with Minnesota and give up Gasol without getting K-Love back, we instantly become lower seeded team.
And just a thought of possibly losing Bynum to an injury when Gasol & Odom are not on the team? Scary.....

Lakers would never ever consider a trade like this.

And We are not rebuilding.
kobe080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 04:48 AM   #22
All Net
Twitter-@AllNetSports

All Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

If we made that deal all that points to is the future no success now which wouldn't go down well with Kobe.
All Net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 05:03 AM   #23
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobe080
We are not rebuilding.

If we are going hardcore for the next three years until kobe's contract runs out, that's not rebuilding.

Rebuilding is when we dump all players through expiring contracts and get draft picks and young players.

Name one key young player we got recently that you can build a team around.

Mavs draft pick is not rebuilding pick, it is a trade bait to lure Orlando to give up DH.

If we trade with Minnesota and give up Gasol without getting K-Love back, we instantly become lower seeded team.
And just a thought of possibly losing Bynum to an injury when Gasol & Odom are not on the team? Scary.....

Lakers would never ever consider a trade like this.

And We are not rebuilding.

Ok.................... so if a team potentially trades away all of it's players but one superstar, what is the definition of that? If a championship team has 4 potential starters who are different from the previous championship, what is that? By the way we haven't even started with the bench, which is almost completely different..... What is your definition of rebuilding?
Old 02-18-2012, 05:06 AM   #24
dd24
College superstar

This just keeps getting better, someone sticky this thread! When LA wins their next ship (which there's a big chance) and the players are for the most part different but it wasn't a rebuild around Kobe, I'd love to see the points everyone makes.
Old 02-18-2012, 05:16 AM   #25
dd24
College superstar

Quote:
This just keeps getting better, someone sticky this thread! When LA wins their next ship (which there's a big chance) and the players are for the most part different but it wasn't a rebuild around Kobe, I'd love to see the points everyone makes.

By the way, if a team changes 3 (or maybe 4) of it's starters that's a rebuild. The bench is already completely different. That's not even a debate. When the moves happen, I hope someone has this all bookmarked. Not necessarily the Minnesota thing, but just knowing the team will be completely different and there wasn't too many people that could look at it outside the LA box...... and see a different showtime on the floor. Be subjective people! See outside the box!
Old 02-18-2012, 05:27 AM   #26
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
By the way, if a team changes 3 (or maybe 4) of it's starters that's a rebuild. The bench is already completely different. That's not even a debate. When the moves happen, I hope someone has this all bookmarked. Not necessarily the Minnesota thing, but just knowing the team will be completely different and there wasn't too many people that could look at it outside the LA box...... and see a different showtime on the floor. Be subjective people! See outside the box!

Ehhh, i slightly disagree here, only because I believe that a rebuild is changing the core completely. When I mean the core, I mean the big three, the guys that are looking to lead the team. We have a big three, and those guys are the leaders, so thats set in place.

Look at the spurs, they've had many different starting centers since David Robinson retired, and many different bench players. They still aren't rebuilding.

Rebuilding to us will be to get rid of big contracts, including our bigs.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 01:13 PM   #27
kobe080
Can barely lace up my sneakers

kobe080 has an OK reputation so far

Good example with the Spurs and that's what we need to do too.

Just because the starters change, doesn't mean they are rebuilding.

Look at the Mavs, they had all kind of starters change except Dirk and you really can say they are rebuilding.

My example of rebuilding would be
Miami shedding all kind of contracts for the summer of 2010 and having only two players under contract, Chalmers and Beasley.

NY for 2010, they rebuilt for two years, shedding long contracts for contracts that expire in 2010.

OR like the lowly Bobcats right now,
trading away their two core players from their lone playoff run, Jackson and Wallace and turning them into picks and expiring contracts.

Last time I checked, Lakers are not trading away Kobe.
And we were trying to trade away Gasol for the top PG in the league.
Bynum on the block for the best center in the league.
That's upgrading, not rebuilding.
Odom had to be traded because he didn't want to be with the Lakers.
Just because we traded away our 6th man for a pick, doesn't mean we are rebuilding.
kobe080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 03:10 PM   #28
dd24
College superstar

The Spurs are a horrible example, they've never traded away all of their core players. They still have Parker, Duncan, and Ginobli. The only big move they've made was when they went after Richard Jefferson. Everything else has basically been through the draft.

Miami is a great example of exactly what I'm talking about. That was certainly a rebuild, much like the Lakers are doing! They got rid of everyone except Wade. LA is going to get rid of everyone except Kobe (and possibly Bynum). They're going to be aggressive in going after the two top FA's in Howard and Williams. Miami did the same thing with Lebron and Bosh. Both of those are rebuilds. If the Lakers don't change the majority of their roster, I'll be the first to admit I was wrong with my prediction. But there's nobody on this board that can convince me that changing all of your key players except one isn't a rebuild! This team is trying to get younger, faster, more showtime, and more competitive!!!!
Old 02-18-2012, 03:37 PM   #29
Lakers_Kobe_Fan
NBA sixth man of the year

Lakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputation

dd24 its called retooling and not rebuilding.

Rebuilding is like Minnesota did, Portland did...scrap everything out...get rid of all the players and build it through draft...

CP3 trade was retooling where you let go off 2 starting guys but you get a star in return.

Trading Pau for Rondo/Derron williams will be retooling were you send talent and receive almost the same amount of talent back.

If you were rebuilding then you would do Pau for Derrick Williams/picks and young players which the lakers are not doing and wont do because they know as long as they have Kobe they have a chance to win the chip
Lakers_Kobe_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 03:42 PM   #30
Lakers_Kobe_Fan
NBA sixth man of the year

Lakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputation

Quote:
The Spurs are a horrible example, they've never traded away all of their core players. They still have Parker, Duncan, and Ginobli. The only big move they've made was when they went after Richard Jefferson. Everything else has basically been through the draft.

Miami is a great example of exactly what I'm talking about. That was certainly a rebuild, much like the Lakers are doing! They got rid of everyone except Wade. LA is going to get rid of everyone except Kobe (and possibly Bynum). They're going to be aggressive in going after the two top FA's in Howard and Williams. Miami did the same thing with Lebron and Bosh. Both of those are rebuilds. If the Lakers don't change the majority of their roster, I'll be the first to admit I was wrong with my prediction. But there's nobody on this board that can convince me that changing all of your key players except one isn't a rebuild! This team is trying to get younger, faster, more showtime, and more competitive!!!!

LA is not going to get rid of everyone for the sake of rebuilding. They will get equal talent back. Thats why you dont hear any interest from lakers side on the Minny deal.

They dont have any money to go after Howard and Williams. You pay Kobe 30mil, Ron has 7mil(which nobody will take) and you have Luke at 6mil

Thats 43million. They barely can offer 1 max contract and you are talking about 2 max FA signings?

Even if they trade Pau they have to atleast get back 75% of his salary back.
Lakers_Kobe_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: