Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 02-18-2012, 03:43 PM   #31
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Minnesota Talking To Lakers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakers_Kobe_Fan
dd24 its called retooling and not rebuilding.

Rebuilding is like Minnesota did, Portland did...scrap everything out...get rid of all the players and build it through draft...

CP3 trade was retooling where you let go off 2 starting guys but you get a star in return.

Trading Pau for Rondo/Derron williams will be retooling were you send talent and receive almost the same amount of talent back.

If you were rebuilding then you would do Pau for Derrick Williams/picks and young players which the lakers are not doing and wont do because they know as long as they have Kobe they have a chance to win the chip

Nope, you guys need to look at your team outside the box. Retooling is ABSOLUTELY NOT getting rid of all your players except one superstar. Retooling is signing Artest instead of Ariza...... Rebuilding is having a whole new lineup BUILT around your one superstar. Rebuilding does not require taking your team into the dumps and losing. Like I mentioned before, the Lakers can attract players and pay them enough money that they don't typically drop down that far. They are definitely rebuilding this roster!
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 03:46 PM   #32
Lakers_Kobe_Fan
NBA sixth man of the year

Lakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosnian Sajo
Not saying its a GREAT trade, but it does fill out some of our needs and give us more depth. Plus Beasley and Williams are both young, and we need some more young players for the future.

http://gyazo.com/5feb649ad3155f236ed...png?1329441446

This is IF the rumor is true btw

horrible trade for the lakers and doesnt fill any needs

you think a 31 yr old Ridnour is going to fill the need? we have a much better guy than him on our team but we dont start him...his name is blake....

Derrick Williams is a unknown...you dont roll with unknown in playoffs....

Beasy is just a knuckle head....I would stay as far as I can from him
Lakers_Kobe_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 03:49 PM   #33
Lakers_Kobe_Fan

Lakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd24
Nope, you guys need to look at your team outside the box. Retooling is ABSOLUTELY NOT getting rid of all your players except one superstar. Retooling is signing Artest instead of Ariza...... Rebuilding is having a whole new lineup BUILT around your one superstar. Rebuilding does not require taking your team into the dumps and losing. Like I mentioned before, the Lakers can attract players and pay them enough money that they don't typically drop down that far. They are definitely rebuilding this roster!

did you even read my post? I think 99% of the board is in sync on what it means to rebuild and what it means to retool.

if it makes you sleep better at night thinking we are rebuilding..then so be it...whatever makes you happy....
Old 02-18-2012, 08:23 PM   #34
kobe080
Can barely lace up my sneakers

kobe080 has an OK reputation so far

Rebuilding = tanking all your players and turning them into draft picks & young players. In the process, go after big time FA with your cap. Most likely this will result in lottery bound seasons.
Ex: Miami before 2010, NY before 2010, OKC Thunder by drafting players and shedding Ray Allen, Current Bobcats etc.

Retooling = Keeping your core players but upgrading your roster, bench players and role players. Making moves based on deficiencies exposed in the playoff series. Most likely this team will stay in the playoffs or if they are successful, increase their chances in getting championship
Ex: Spurs and Mavs throughout the past decade.

What the lakers are trying to do right now is retooling.
They are keeping one of the core player in Kobe.
Trading away Bynum and Gasol WILL ONLY HAPPEN if it results in upgrading our roster.
Last year in the playoffs, opponent PG tore us apart and exposed our deficiencies.
So we tried to trade away Gasol & Odom for the best PG in the league.

Unless we trade away Gasol for a package of young players and draft picks, I am not buying your argument that we are rebuilding.
What we are trying to do right now is not investing in the future but looking to upgrade our roster so we can win as many championship as we can in the next 3 years.
kobe080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 12:08 PM   #35
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

More Minnesota rumors....

Quote:
The Lakers' front office knows Kobe Bryant is looking for it to improve the roster, and GM Mitch Kupchak has been working the phones. He's spoken to Minnesota about Michael Beasley, and sources say the Lakers are intrigued by the Timberwolves' small forward. The Lakers were actually in discussions with Minnesota about a potential trade for Beasley before the season started. If they would have been able to pull off the deal for Chris Paul, there is a good chance that a trade for Beasley would have followed. ESPN.com

Quote:
It's not clear what the Lakers would give Minnesota for Beasley (if indeed the talks get that far), but the Lakers could absorb Beasley into their $8.9 million trade exception while giving up a draft pick or cash. I'm told the teams have not spoken about Pau Gasol since the preseason. Minnesota is looking to move Beasley, who they feel has matured very little (if at all) since he's been there, according to sources. The Lakers believe they can handle a player like Beasley because of their winning culture and the leadership of Bryant. ESPN.com

Quote:
A sacrosanct source refutes last weeks Fox report the Lakers and Timberwolves were discussing a trade involving Pau Gasol for Derrick Williams and two draft picks. Im informed no conversation between the teams has taken place in two months. New York Post
Old 02-21-2012, 01:44 PM   #36
LA.MJ&KB#1
Good college starter

LA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation here

Something is going to happen for sure and I can't wait...Do your thing MITCH...
LA.MJ&KB#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 02:48 PM   #37
DKLaker

DKLaker has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA.MJ&KB#1
Something is going to happen for sure and I can't wait...Do your thing MITCH...

DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 03:59 PM   #38
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Beasley for our trade exception + a pick would be a very good trade for both teams. We get a much needed offensive player to contribute since there is inconsistency outside of our big 3.

Minnesota unloads a player that they feel has barely matured, so they get cap relief, and another pick to try and replace that. We just have to make sure Beasley doesn't suddenly become depressed like he has been in the past.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 04:07 PM   #39
TryToBeUnbias
Decent college freshman

TryToBeUnbias has an incredible reputation hereTryToBeUnbias has an incredible reputation hereTryToBeUnbias has an incredible reputation hereTryToBeUnbias has an incredible reputation hereTryToBeUnbias has an incredible reputation hereTryToBeUnbias has an incredible reputation hereTryToBeUnbias has an incredible reputation here

For the TPE ? no complaints here if this does happen.
TryToBeUnbias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 04:08 PM   #40
dd24
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
Beasley for our trade exception + a pick would be a very good trade for both teams. We get a much needed offensive player to contribute since there is inconsistency outside of our big 3.

Minnesota unloads a player that they feel has barely matured, so they get cap relief, and another pick to try and replace that. We just have to make sure Beasley doesn't suddenly become depressed like he has been in the past.

It would be a win/win. Minnesota needs to trade Beasley. They have Williams sitting on the bench, pretty much not playing at all so they already have a replacement for him. If they use that pick to get a good SG that team would be really solid.

For LA, with Beasley in at SF having him, Kobe, Pau, & Bynum is quite a bit of fire power. They would just need to find a way to get a PG still..... Beasley gets the Lakers younger too. He's proven he can score well. I think in the right system he could be very productive. It really would take a pass first PG that gets everyone involved to make things work though.
Old 02-21-2012, 04:13 PM   #41
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd24
It would be a win/win. Minnesota needs to trade Beasley. They have Williams sitting on the bench, pretty much not playing at all so they already have a replacement for him. If they use that pick to get a good SG that team would be really solid.

For LA, with Beasley in at SF having him, Kobe, Pau, & Bynum is quite a bit of fire power. They would just need to find a way to get a PG still..... Beasley gets the Lakers younger too. He's proven he can score well. I think in the right system he could be very productive. It really would take a pass first PG that gets everyone involved to make things work though.

Honestly this would be solved if we simply started Blake. He's not "pass-first" as much as he is unselfish. I think there is a fine line between these two terms as pass-first can refer to anyone trying to pad assist stats, rather than someone who is "unselfish" who looks to make the play that is absolutely necessary each time down the floor.

Thats what Blake is. His unselfishness allows all 5 guys on the court to touch the ball, rather than being pass first where its a one-pass-one-shot, or the other extreme, a scoring PG.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 04:23 PM   #42
dd24
College superstar

Quote:
Honestly this would be solved if we simply started Blake. He's not "pass-first" as much as he is unselfish. I think there is a fine line between these two terms as pass-first can refer to anyone trying to pad assist stats, rather than someone who is "unselfish" who looks to make the play that is absolutely necessary each time down the floor.

Thats what Blake is. His unselfishness allows all 5 guys on the court to touch the ball, rather than being pass first where its a one-pass-one-shot, or the other extreme, a scoring PG.

It certainly would help things, but I don't think it solves it. Blake is unselfish and a fairly smart PG, but he's just not the type of guy I see fitting into Brown's offense. He's also not a guy who could lead a team to a championship.

If I had to guess, if the Lakers could pull this trade off there is a chance there would be another move. The Lakers would then have 5 SF's in Beasley, Artest, Barnes, Kapano, and Ebanks. They would probably trade one of them. The Lakers have one roster spot, right? So maybe this is why they kept that one spot. So they could use the exception to get one player like Beasley. But if they make another move they still may be able to go after a guy like Arenas. Of course they may have something else up their sleeve..... like Gasol & Bynum for Howard????
Old 02-21-2012, 05:25 PM   #43
Lakers_Kobe_Fan

Quote:

the article also mentions we are looking at Sessions. I would be really happy if we can have sessions. He gets dimes like he is steve nash :) and hits the open Jumper

now look at this:

Sessions
Kobe
BEasy
Pau
Bynum

bench: arenas/blake/barnes/murhy/mcrib

this allows us to keep our big 3 together
Old 02-21-2012, 05:45 PM   #44
Bosnian Sajo
(-_-)(X_X)BB(9_9)(^_^)

Bosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
the article also mentions we are looking at Sessions. I would be really happy if we can have sessions. He gets dimes like he is steve nash :) and hits the open Jumper

now look at this:

Sessions
Kobe
BEasy
Pau
Bynum

Would LOVE this, my favorite player on my favorite team? PLEASE COME HOME MIKE BEASTLY!!
Bosnian Sajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 05:57 PM   #45
TryToBeUnbias
Decent college freshman

TryToBeUnbias has an incredible reputation hereTryToBeUnbias has an incredible reputation hereTryToBeUnbias has an incredible reputation hereTryToBeUnbias has an incredible reputation hereTryToBeUnbias has an incredible reputation hereTryToBeUnbias has an incredible reputation hereTryToBeUnbias has an incredible reputation here

Quote:

now look at this:

Sessions
Kobe
BEasy
Pau
Bynum

I like that starting line up but someones going to have to sacrifice some touches...or maybe they all would have to.

Arenas ? can we acquire all three ?
TryToBeUnbias is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: