Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 02-16-2012, 04:03 PM   #16
swi7ch
Banned

swi7ch has not been impressing people
Default Re: The MVP is a joke this year if LeBron doesn't win

Why? The award is Most Valuable PLAYER! Even if he's not playing, MIA is still a top 3 team in the East. Clearly, that doesn't make him the most valuable player if his team is still a top contender regardless of whether he's playing or not. Jeremy Lin is the most valuable player to his team.

If the award is Most Impressive Stats then he clearly wins.
swi7ch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 04:05 PM   #17
kennethgriffin
Banned

kennethgriffin has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneKid
They started 3 players that weren't on the team last year. Are you just ignoring that the entire roster was turned over?

well for one.... deandre jordan aint no star

and 2nd... billups just had a season ending injury ( which is even more fuel to an mvp award )
kennethgriffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 04:06 PM   #18
I.R.Beast
National High School Star

I.R.Beast is starting to rub some people the wrong wayI.R.Beast is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennethgriffin
i dont see how this year is any different with paul with the clippers compared to nash with the suns in 05

its the same situation. same result..

why isnt paul getting the mvp nod?

he turned a joke franchise into a contender

and if not paul.. then howard.
i hate the whol enew player new team MVP bs.....the clippers were going to be a top team in the west regardless....Billups williams gordon and Griffin were going to be good regardless. The clippers without paul are still good in the west this year to win games... they have a good starting unit.

MVP right now has gotta be KD....
I.R.Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 04:07 PM   #19
jrong
Revolution untelevised

jrong has a near all-star reputation herejrong has a near all-star reputation herejrong has a near all-star reputation herejrong has a near all-star reputation herejrong has a near all-star reputation herejrong has a near all-star reputation here

It's between LeBron and KD at the moment. It'll depend on who has the better record and whichever between Wade and Westbrook is statistically closer to James or Durant, respectively. If the Heat keep blowing teams out, and Wade keeps getting below 25 minutes a game, then it's unlikely his averages will rise much more, which bodes well for James's chances.

On the other hand, if the Heat and Thunder play equally competitive games from here on out, it's a safe assumption that Wade is going to outproduce Westbrook. And, between the two of them, Wade is far more likely to outplay James in more games than Westbrook is to outplay Durant. So that would augur well for Durant.

An argument can also be made for Chris Paul.
jrong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 04:07 PM   #20
kennethgriffin
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by I.R.Beast
i hate the whol enew player new team MVP bs.....the clippers were going to be a top team in the west regardless....Billups williams gordon and Griffin were going to be good regardless. The clippers without paul are still good in the west this year to win games... they have a good starting unit.

MVP right now has gotta be KD....

this clippers team without a great pg would be lost

their entire offense is built on pick and rolls with lobs

alright take the pg out and just give it to blake... let him go 1 on 1 lol
Old 02-16-2012, 04:09 PM   #21
kennethgriffin
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrong
It's between LeBron and KD at the moment. It'll depend on who has the better record and whichever between Wade and Westbrook is statistically closer to James or Durant, respectively. If the Heat keep blowing teams out, and Wade keeps getting below 25 minutes a game, then it's unlikely his averages will rise much more, which bodes well for James's chances.

On the other hand, if the Heat and Thunder play equally competitive games from here on out, it's a safe assumption that Wade is going to outproduce Westbrook. And, between the two of them, Wade is far more likely to outplay James in more games than Westbrook is to outplay Durant. So that would augur well for Durant.

An argument can also be made for Chris Paul.

same old typical regular season championship mvp

same as last year

BOOOORING

1st seed mvps ... who cares about what value anyone has. just give it to whoever is the best player on the best team regardless of how much help he has LOL

this is why the award is a joke
Old 02-16-2012, 04:10 PM   #22
HurricaneKid

HurricaneKid has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droid101
If you think LeBron should get it no matter what, then you also think Kobe should have gotten it in 2006 no matter what.

Say that out loud to yourself. Then you're allowed to think LeBron should have it this year bar-none.

Explain this.

Kobe was 3rd in PER in 06. He took 350 more shots than anyone else in the NBA. He led his team to a 7 seed.

LeBron is currently breaking the all-time PER record for efficiency. No one is within 20%. MJ never had a PER as high or led by as much as LBJ currently does. Stop pretending he hasn't been by far the best player this season.
HurricaneKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 04:11 PM   #23
I.R.Beast

I.R.Beast is starting to rub some people the wrong wayI.R.Beast is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
this clippers team without a great pg would be lost

their entire offense is built on pick and rolls with lobs

alright take the pg out and just give it to blake... let him go 1 on 1 lol

They changed their offensive to cater to CP3s game......becasue all he does is PnR, he's ineffective otherwise, but Mo williams can throw lobs too....the clippers throws lobs regardless of who is in the game...dont make it seem as tho chris paul is the only player who can lob the ball. Besides if anyone on LAC should get MVP it's blake. THe clippers are better without Paul than they are without blake.
Old 02-16-2012, 04:11 PM   #24
dunksby
ISH's Scribbler

dunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

And people dissed Joyner for using PER?
dunksby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 04:12 PM   #25
theaussieguy
Good High School Starter

theaussieguy has decent reputationtheaussieguy has decent reputation

The award is all hype, we know this already.

Riveting thread
theaussieguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 04:13 PM   #26
kennethgriffin
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdf1990

lebron in the finals last year = 17ppg

wade out scored him +10ppg... how on earth can anyone believe lebron is the mvp of the league when he isnt even the real mvp of the heat

empty stats and padding all year long... we keep getting fooled by his 3 quarter dominance and regular season statistics..

someone put an end to it already
Old 02-16-2012, 04:14 PM   #27
kennethgriffin
Banned

Quote:
They changed their offensive to cater to CP3s game......becasue all he does is PnR, he's ineffective otherwise, but Mo williams can throw lobs too....the clippers throws lobs regardless of who is in the game...dont make it seem as tho chris paul is the only player who can lob the ball. Besides if anyone on LAC should get MVP it's blake. THe clippers are better without Paul than they are without blake.

did you really just say the clippers would be just as good with mo williams running the team
Old 02-16-2012, 04:15 PM   #28
I.R.Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneKid
Explain this.

Kobe was 3rd in PER in 06. He took 350 more shots than anyone else in the NBA. He led his team to a 7 seed.

LeBron is currently breaking the all-time PER record for efficiency. No one is within 20%. MJ never had a PER as high or led by as much as LBJ currently does. Stop pretending he hasn't been by far the best player this season.
He plays with wade and Bosh thus meaning he gets far fewer double teams, and gets a shit load of easy baskets playing off of wade vice versa.....the guy gets like 6 layups and dunks a game combined. ....come on...u just dont get it do you...?
Old 02-16-2012, 04:16 PM   #29
I.R.Beast

Quote:

did you really just say the clippers would be just as good with mo williams running the team
never said just as good..... still very good. They'd still be top western conference team.
Old 02-16-2012, 04:18 PM   #30
HurricaneKid

HurricaneKid has not been impressing people

Quote:
He plays with wade and Bosh thus meaning he gets far fewer double teams, and gets a shit load of easy baskets playing off of wade vice versa.....the guy gets like 6 layups and dunks a game combined. ....come on...u just dont get it do you...?

The Heat's biggest flaw is that they CAN'T play off one another. Does he get a lot of dunks? Sure. Is that a bad thing?
HurricaneKid is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: