Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-16-2012, 07:02 PM   #1
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion
 
Euroleague's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 13,117
Default Rick Roll Through

Through 30 NBA games, we can now see that I was RIGHT ABOUT RICKY RUBIO ALL ALONG.

1. I said all along in this forum that Rubio can't shoot.

He is shooting 37.4% from the field and 31.8% from 3 point range.

2. I said all along in this forum that Rubio is turnover prone.

He is averaging 3.2 turnovers per game.

3. I said all along in this forum that Rubio is nothing but an average player on offense.

His PER is 16.1 (15 is considered average for all 450 players across the NBA)...........

In conclusion, I was 100% right about Ricky Rubio, and the vast majority of the rest of the forum was WRONG about him.

"Future top 5 GOAT NBA PG"


Last edited by Euroleague : 02-16-2012 at 07:06 PM.
Euroleague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 07:04 PM   #2
strifed169
National High School Star
 
strifed169's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,072
Default Re: Ricky Rubio Through 30 Games: 37.4% FG 31.8% 3 PT FG

his 3 point jay is hte ugliest i've ever seen for a guard
strifed169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 07:05 PM   #3
Droid101
7-time NBA All-Star
 
Droid101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: SoCal
Posts: 12,055
Default Re: Ricky Rubio Through 30 NBA Games: 37.4% FG 31.8% 3 PT FG

For rookies who play over 30 minutes per game, Rubio is number two in PER (Kyrie is number one).

So, gtfo.
Droid101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 07:05 PM   #4
RRR3
For threeeeee!!!
 
RRR3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Oregon
Posts: 15,940
Default Re: Ricky Rubio Through 30 NBA Games: 37.4% FG 31.8% 3 PT FG

His 3PT% is almost identical to Spanoulis' FIELD GOAL PERCENTAGE
RRR3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 07:08 PM   #5
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion
 
Euroleague's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 13,117
Default Re: Ricky Rubio Through 30 NBA Games: 37.4% FG 31.8% 3 PT FG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droid101
For rookies who play over 30 minutes per game, Rubio is number two in PER (Kyrie is number one).

So, gtfo.

A barely above average PER and this means he will be a top 5 GOAT NBA point guard?..........right. Put down the crack pipe. Rubio hasn't progressed one bit in his game since he was 16.
Euroleague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 07:09 PM   #6
2LeTTeRS
Retired Bloggissist
 
2LeTTeRS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: www.twitter.com/EsquireSports
Posts: 6,684
Default Re: Ricky Rubio Through 30 NBA Games: 37.4% FG 31.8% 3 PT FG

So acccordi g to you he is a rookie playing what is considered the hardest position in the NBA to learn he's already an average player,and has been the biggest addition on the most improved team in the league and you feel that supports you viw that at best he'll be average? That's cool, as long as you realize it makes no sense.
2LeTTeRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 07:11 PM   #7
chazzy
3-time NBA All-Star
 
chazzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: LA
Posts: 10,920
Default Re: Ricky Rubio Through 30 NBA Games: 37.4% FG 31.8% 3 PT FG

I thought the NBA doesn't play defense?
chazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 07:11 PM   #8
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion
 
Euroleague's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 13,117
Default Re: Ricky Rubio Through 30 NBA Games: 37.4% FG 31.8% 3 PT FG

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LeTTeRS
So acccordi g to you he is a rookie playing what is considered the hardest position in the NBA to learn he's already an average player,and has been the biggest addition on the most improved team in the league and you feel that supports you viw that at best he'll be average? That's cool, as long as you realize it makes no sense.

Point guard is by far and away the EASIEST position in the NBA. It's not even close. It's WAY easier than every other position to play in the NBA.
Euroleague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 07:12 PM   #9
Bernie Nips
Local High School Star
 
Bernie Nips's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,169
Default Re: Ricky Rubio Through 30 NBA Games: 37.4% FG 31.8% 3 PT FG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euroleague
A barely above average PER and this means he will be a top 5 GOAT NBA point guard?..........right. Put down the crack pipe. Rubio hasn't progressed one bit in his game since he was 16.

Jason Kidd rookie season:

11.7 ppg on 38% shooting
7.7 apg
5.4 rpg
3.2 TOV

= ROOKIE OF THE YEAR

Ricky Rubio rookie season:

10.7 ppg on 37% shooting
8.6 apg
4.3 rpg
3.2 TOV

= overrated spud?

Is that your argument? So Jason Kidd is an average player too?
Bernie Nips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 07:13 PM   #10
zizozain
hi AJ2k8
 
zizozain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 2,130
Default Re: Ricky Rubio Through 30 NBA Games: 37.4% FG 31.8% 3 PT FG

FG % for losers .. see Lebron
zizozain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 07:14 PM   #11
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion
 
Euroleague's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 13,117
Default Re: Ricky Rubio Through 30 NBA Games: 37.4% FG 31.8% 3 PT FG

Quote:
Originally Posted by chazzy
I thought the NBA doesn't play defense?


Rubio shot 31.0% from the field and 22.4% from 3 point range in the Euroleague. Rubio may be the worst shooting guard of all time.

His horrible shooting in the NBA is not a result of "defense". It's a result of him being a horribly bad shooter.

Nonetheless, he appears to be a better shooter than he really is, as his numbers have still jumped by moving to the no defense NBA.

Besides the point anyway is the issue of defense. Rubio can be left unguarded the whole game and still throw up nothing but bricks.
Euroleague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 07:16 PM   #12
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion
 
Euroleague's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 13,117
Default Re: Ricky Rubio Through 30 NBA Games: 37.4% FG 31.8% 3 PT FG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie Nips
Jason Kidd rookie season:

11.7 ppg on 38% shooting
7.7 apg
5.4 rpg
3.2 TOV

= ROOKIE OF THE YEAR

Ricky Rubio rookie season:

10.7 ppg on 37% shooting
8.6 apg
4.3 rpg
3.2 TOV

= overrated spud?

Is that your argument? So Jason Kidd is an average player too?

Wow....Jason Kidd finally developed a semi-reliable wide open jump shot at age 38. This was also the first time he won a championship, because prior to that, he was such a huge liability on offense that his teams could not win a title because of it.

Congrats to Wolves fans. Just 17 more years before Rubio can develop a semi decent jump shot and you can become champs.

Last edited by Euroleague : 02-16-2012 at 07:19 PM.
Euroleague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 07:17 PM   #13
Haymaker
College superstar
 
Haymaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 4,464
Default Re: Ricky Rubio Through 30 NBA Games: 37.4% FG 31.8% 3 PT FG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie Nips
Jason Kidd rookie season:

11.7 ppg on 38% shooting
7.7 apg
5.4 rpg
3.2 TOV

= ROOKIE OF THE YEAR

Ricky Rubio rookie season:

10.7 ppg on 37% shooting
8.6 apg
4.3 rpg
3.2 TOV

= overrated spud?

Is that your argument? So Jason Kidd is an average player too?

Watch as he totally ignore this post.
Haymaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 07:17 PM   #14
Bernie Nips
Local High School Star
 
Bernie Nips's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,169
Default Re: Ricky Rubio Through 30 NBA Games: 37.4% FG 31.8% 3 PT FG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euroleague
Wow....Jason Kidd finally developed a semi-reliable wide open jump shot at age 38. This was also the first time he won a championship, because prior to that, he was such a huge liability on offense that his teams could not because of it.

Congrats to Wolves fans. Just 17 more years before Rubio can develop a semi decent jump shot and you can become serious contenders.

Hahahaha wow. You're an awful person.
Bernie Nips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 07:17 PM   #15
Haymaker
College superstar
 
Haymaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 4,464
Default Re: Ricky Rubio Through 30 NBA Games: 37.4% FG 31.8% 3 PT FG

So, Kidd sucked as a rookie? Go on, say it.
Haymaker is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:00 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy