Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 02-17-2012, 09:45 AM   #16
Lavachebeadsman
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Lavachebeadsman has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Westborok quietly having best Season?...

He's having his best season and is for sure top 10. Threat to go off for 30 every night and had cut down on some of the dumb choices. Still not a perfect player, but as an OKC fan, he has done alot to give hope to the fan base this year.
Lavachebeadsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 01:15 PM   #17
Whoah10115
Linja Status

Whoah10115 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

The problem is that I don't believe this team is as geared for the playoffs as they are for the regular season. I understand how far they got last year. However, I believe that teams are better this year. The lockout makes it crazy, but I think teams are better.

Westbrook is not a top 10 player. I understand he's a great player, but he's not as good as Kobe, Lebron, Wade, Howard, Nash (NASH), Paul, Rose, Deron, Durant, Dirk, Rondo (RONDO), Pierce (PIERCE). He's not as good as a healthy Manu. I don't care about the season they're having, he has yet to surpass Gasol or Amare. He's not better than Kevin Love, Blake Griffin, or LaMarcus Aldridge.

He will get better tho. And his chemistry with Durant is undeniable, despite getting in his way sometimes. But Westbrook and Thabo in the backcourt is a horrendous idea. Neither of them has Michael's ability to control the game with intelligence, and more importantly there is no Scottie Pippen. Kevin Durant is a 6'11 SG. And that's no kind of knock. That is not to say he doesn't do more than score, but he doesn't do the kinds of things Scottie did. And there isn't even a Luc Longley in the post who can take up position down low, grab a few buckets from the post, make some good passes out of the post. They need to have better ball movement in the half court, more decisiveness from the backcourt, more facilitation thru the entire offense. Thabo is a terrible partner for Westbrook and a terrible fit for this team. And Harden is probably the perfect fit. Guarantee there is no chance that OKC can make the finals. 0.
Whoah10115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 01:18 PM   #18
Punpun
Head Connoisseur

Punpun has not been impressing people

Actually both Goatbrook and Durant have played like beasts this season.
Punpun is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: