Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 02-19-2012, 01:02 AM   #16
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Linsane t.o. thread

So now we're gonna blame Amare? Really? We're quick to blame our stars for every thing they do wrong. Why is Lin exempt? The dude has been turnover prone since he's been a Knick. That insludes the games amare wasn't even playing. Stop it. He just needs to be more solid with the ball. period. Stop trying to find scapesgoats.

I will agree with Knicksity. Playmakers who have the ball in their hands most of the time ae going to naturally have more TOs than anyone. That being said, he's turning it over way too much.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 01:20 AM   #17
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Scoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation here

Other than a few lapses on backdoor cuts by Ayon, I thought Amar'e actually played some good D. His offensive game looked like it did last year, and he was rebounding very well. I though they missed him a few times in the fourth quarter when he could have scored more, but all in all it was encouraging. I think he just needs a little while to play himself into shape and lose some weight.
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 02:36 AM   #18
bluechox2
#knickstape

bluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

we can only ride amare till his contract is over, no one would take him, and we would only get less talent back
bluechox2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 12:55 PM   #19
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

What Jeremy Lin will we say today? Linsane in the Membrane or the Big Apple Turnover?
Old 02-19-2012, 10:08 PM   #20
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Lin definitely needs to harness that in a little, at least get it down to four.

But I think that would take away his aggressiveness at the moment so it's something we just have to wait and see how he controls that.

Kidd had like 5 himself.

There was a couple that I think it was JR that saved Lin on, because he lost the ball a few times more than the one's he got.

Looking at todays game, he was constantly trapped, and he didn't really get any more turnovers than he normally would.

He'll figure it out.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 02:56 AM   #21
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
Lin definitely needs to harness that in a little, at least get it down to four.

But I think that would take away his aggressiveness at the moment so it's something we just have to wait and see how he controls that.

Kidd had like 5 himself.

There was a couple that I think it was JR that saved Lin on, because he lost the ball a few times more than the one's he got.

Looking at todays game, he was constantly trapped, and he didn't really get any more turnovers than he normally would.

He'll figure it out.
He has bad stretches. He had 1 turnover in the whole first half and that one came 2 seconds before the end of 2nd quarter.
But he had 6 in the second half and 4 of them coming in a 5 minute span(maybe even less).

I also think he'll figure it out but I don't care so much about the turnovers because he played excellent.
28 points,14 assists,5 steals.

5 steals pretty much make up for those 7 turnovers
Especially because he turned at least two into the basket and he had a clutch steal on Dirk a few seconds before the end.

Last edited by Clutch : 02-20-2012 at 02:58 AM.
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 10:39 AM   #22
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

I agree. I can live with the TO's. But, like Knickscity said, he needs to at least start cutting it down to 4. The real test for me is when we play teams like Boston,Chicago and the Clippers.
Old 02-21-2012, 03:57 AM   #23
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
I agree. I can live with the TO's. But, like Knickscity said, he needs to at least start cutting it down to 4. The real test for me is when we play teams like Boston,Chicago and the Clippers.
Only 3 turnovers tonight
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 09:08 AM   #24
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch
Only 3 turnovers tonight

Shame we applaud 3 TO's but hey...it's better than 9.
Old 02-23-2012, 08:42 PM   #25
MightyWhitey
Local High School Star

MightyWhitey has decent reputationMightyWhitey has decent reputation

I think reggie miller said it best. Lin had 5 turnovers himself and enabled the rest for the total knick turnovers for the first half. This kid has got to work on this andfreethrow shooting.
MightyWhitey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 08:57 PM   #26
MightyWhitey
Local High School Star

Again lin forced jared jeffries to turn overthe ball. Rookie mistakes that are costing the game.
Old 02-23-2012, 09:44 PM   #27
MightyWhitey
Local High School Star

Lin played really bad tonight. He couldn't space the floor properly and he mismanaged passes and plays. I won't make excuses for Lin like other knick fans. He played like crap. Which is ok. Now he needs to work on this sort of pressure.
Old 02-23-2012, 09:55 PM   #28
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

I'm calling a spade a spade. He played scared; like he didn't belong. He got exposed. Im not saying he's a bum. I'm just saying a team turned up the presure finally and he crawled into his hole. I dont wanna hear jack $h!t about us not needing Melo and Amare anymore.
Old 02-24-2012, 07:56 AM   #29
MightyWhitey
Local High School Star

So far every game Lin has played whoever plays him on defense seems to manage ripping the ball right out of his hands. I mean this gets done to him on consistent basis. I hope the coaching staff will teach him to protect the ball a bit better. Things like this lead to too many turn overs.
Old 02-24-2012, 09:12 AM   #30
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

I think it may be best if we start playing him with Shumpert in games where the defensive pressure is high. That way,he gets help bringing up the ball.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: