Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 02-19-2012, 02:27 AM   #31
ProfessorMurder
I am your soldier!

ProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Futurama vs South Park vs Family Guy vs Simpson

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBJMVP
well fry never got to see anything past 1999, so the kardashians are new to him as well as the iphone.

That's what I'm saying, so by the rules established at the beginning, those references shouldn't exist... And if they do exist they should've been in every season. The Kardashians would be as well known in 3000 as they would be in 3012
ProfessorMurder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 02:35 AM   #32
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Timmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Futurama is one of the best shows ever put on television.

Not that The Simpsons and South Park aren't (Family Guy def isn't so that's out) but Futurama has more wit, better characters, but most of all it tells wonderful stories. Some of their episodes could stand with episodes from all time greats.

The original final epidose: The Devil's Hands Are Idle Play Things made me just sit in wonder from beginning to end at the masterful story telling of the episode. And still it's the funniest damn show through it all.

It stands up as a comedy. It stands up as a dramatic story. It stands up in the sci-fi elements (and has some of the better sci-fi episodes too).

It may not be iconic, I'll never argue it's impact vs that of South Park and sure as shit not against the Simpsons which dumps on it from Mars in that department. But it is the best show.

In my opinion at least.
Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 02:39 AM   #33
miller-time
NBA sixth man of the year

miller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorMurder
That's what I'm saying, so by the rules established at the beginning, those references shouldn't exist... And if they do exist they should've been in every season. The Kardashians would be as well known in 3000 as they would be in 3012

i'm not sure what you are getting at? why should everything that happened in the past be referenced all of the time? shows set in 2012 don't reference everything that happened in the 1980s. why doesn't south park reference cassette players and cyndi lauper?
miller-time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 02:55 AM   #34
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

South Park is light years above anything else. Simpsons was OK 25 years ago but it's Bill Haley to South Park's Beatles.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 03:10 AM   #35
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

LOL, that analogy is so terrible and so far off base that if I didn't know any better I'd think you were 16. Bah, too many kids on here who lack perspective.
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 03:44 AM   #36
Joshumitsu
Local High School Star

Joshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation hereJoshumitsu has an incredible reputation here

Prime Simpsoms>>>South Park>Futurama>>>>>>>>>>>Family Guy

Futurama still makes me laugh the most though.
Joshumitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 04:08 AM   #37
miller-time
NBA sixth man of the year

miller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmy D for MVP
Some of their episodes could stand with episodes from all time greats.

you've got that right. like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjNw75bJyuM
miller-time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 04:24 AM   #38
Velocirap31
Decent college freshman

Velocirap31 has a near all-star reputation hereVelocirap31 has a near all-star reputation hereVelocirap31 has a near all-star reputation hereVelocirap31 has a near all-star reputation hereVelocirap31 has a near all-star reputation hereVelocirap31 has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by miller-time
you've got that right. like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjNw75bJyuM

Exactly the episode I was thinking of before I clicked the link. Great show.
Velocirap31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 04:27 AM   #39
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle has a terrific reputationL.Kizzle has a terrific reputationL.Kizzle has a terrific reputationL.Kizzle has a terrific reputationL.Kizzle has a terrific reputation

Never could get into Futurama. Early Simpsons is the best. Family Guy and South Park can fight fot that 2 spot.
L.Kizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 04:42 AM   #40
A globe-trotter
Can barely lace up my sneakers

A globe-trotter has an OK reputation so far

Simpson's seasons 1-14 (maybe earlier) > Futurama seasons 1-4 > Family guy before its first cancellation > South park

Cowboy Bebop > All
A globe-trotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 05:14 AM   #41
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Timmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by A globe-trotter
Simpson's seasons 1-14 (maybe earlier) > Futurama seasons 1-4 > Family guy before its first cancellation > South park

Cowboy Bebop > All

Cowboy Bebop?

I think you missed the point.
Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 08:07 AM   #42
CeltsGarlic
Real quick

CeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Last episode was hilarious. But there are only 2-3 awesome, 5-8 good episodes, and rest are avarage in current simpsons seasons.

But I highly recommend watching previous one, pure gold.
CeltsGarlic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 10:24 AM   #43
bagelred
Weird

bagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

The Simpsons is as good as it ever was. Either people overrate the early years, or they are underrating current episodes. Or maybe's people tastes are changing. It's easily the smartest, funniest, and most enjoyable of the bunch.

South Park has great social commentary and can be very funny, but its also uneven. Some episodes are just really stupid. You can tell they made it up last minute. But still has some amazing episodes as well.

Futurama I never watched enough of. I think I just don't care for the characters or the premise or something. Can't get into it but the comedy you can tell is very good and well written.

I don't mention that last show. Complete garbage.
bagelred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 11:15 AM   #44
Knicks101
Taken

Knicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by miller-time
i'm not sure what you are getting at? why should everything that happened in the past be referenced all of the time? shows set in 2012 don't reference everything that happened in the 1980s. why doesn't south park reference cassette players and cyndi lauper?

He's not saying everything that happened in the past should be referenced, he's saying that they're making references to things that happened after Fry went to the future so it makes no sense to reference it, because he wouldn't know what they were talking about.

Pop culture references in Futurama have always been kind of stupid if we're being honest though. Why are people from 1000 years from now still talking about the same shit? Calculon and Zapp Brannigan are like the only two celebrities in the year 3000.

To get to the point of the thread. I'd go with Simpsons as the best followed by Futurama, then South Park. Last and certainly least is Family Guy.
Knicks101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 12:29 PM   #45
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackass18
LOL, that analogy is so terrible and so far off base that if I didn't know any better I'd think you were 16. Bah, too many kids on here who lack perspective.

Keep dreaming. Your response makes me think you're 12. Too many people here trying to act smart and confrontational who just end up looking stupid.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: