Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 02-23-2012, 05:20 PM   #16
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

DKLaker has not been impressing people
Default Re: Jeanie Buss is not feeling this team

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
The article forgot to mention that the lakers are looking pretty good recently too.

#WinningCuresAll

Ok.....out of respect I stayed out of your Rose Colored Glasses, Homer thread......but I'm telling it like it is......not how I want it to be.
If you can't see the MAJOR problems with this team and how it is being run I am sorry for you. Magic Johnson said exactly what I've been saying. This team has no shot without a deal or preferrably 2 deals being made......drop the illusion.
So what we beat Dallas, they aren't the same without Barea and Chandler.

I don't care if we won 15 straight.....THIS team the way it is now has no chance at a title.....NONE!!!
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 09:50 PM   #17
tamaraw08
Decent college freshman

tamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
The article forgot to mention that the lakers are looking pretty good recently too.

#WinningCuresAll

The next few weeks, then during the next summer would be critical for the Lakers. If the MGT makes the great decision on what to do and who to draft etc.
I wish I have Freak's optimism, I really do I have been trying to savor each win, watching them atleast 2 times etc but I just can't help but worry about the lack of competent scouts within the team.
Yes they are winning but a lot of it is bec the major pieces like Kobe, Pau etc basically landed on thier lap. Yes I also give credit to their coach and their assistants for those nice road wins but it's not like they are in the top of the standings right now.
I remember those Frank McCourt apologists like John Ireland and his partner constantly pointed out that the Dodger under Frank managed to go to the postseason ignoring pertinent facts like Boston basically gave him Manny Ramirez for free and that they basically absorbed the current major players etc.
tamaraw08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 11:14 AM   #18
BØBØ
Local High School Star

BØBØ is popular on this boardBØBØ is popular on this boardBØBØ is popular on this boardBØBØ is popular on this boardBØBØ is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamaraw08
I just can't help but worry about the lack of competent scouts within the team.
Bill Bertka is head of the scouts all hires go through him. I'm fairly sure he knows what he's doing.
Clay Moser is the advanced scout for Brown he's more than capable
Ettore Messina covers the FIBA aspect of it and he's more than capable

Look up those people names and you'll find the Lakers scouting department is one of the better ones in the league. With the growth of video and technology in the sport you don't need 10 guys to traipse across the country anymore eyeballing everyone they can. A quality in-house video crew is more important than feet on the ground. Why go to one game when you can see an entire seasons worth of play without leaving home

Last edited by BØBØ : 02-24-2012 at 11:17 AM.
BØBØ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 02:11 PM   #19
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker
Ok.....out of respect I stayed out of your Rose Colored Glasses, Homer thread......but I'm telling it like it is......not how I want it to be.
If you can't see the MAJOR problems with this team and how it is being run I am sorry for you. Magic Johnson said exactly what I've been saying. This team has no shot without a deal or preferrably 2 deals being made......drop the illusion.
So what we beat Dallas, they aren't the same without Barea and Chandler.

I don't care if we won 15 straight.....THIS team the way it is now has no chance at a title.....NONE!!!

Yes, because we do in fact have two holes in the starting lineup. We need a PG, which I agree on. A better small forward would be nice, but I agree on a starting point guard being more important.

If we had a decent starting caliber PG, we wouldn't even be having this conversation. The problem is your touching on management being the issue, and you're pinpointing the fact that one, Jesse Buss, had been arrested for intoxication, is a factor in why these people aren't making moves, because they're drunk all the time?

Like I've repeatedly said, We have yet to see how this FO team will run when given full control. You can't pass a fair judgement on this issue now. It needs time. Thats all I am saying. In the next year or two if we see stupid things happening, then I can step back and say, "okay, we have a problem".
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 12:51 AM   #20
DKLaker

Quote:
Yes, because we do in fact have two holes in the starting lineup. We need a PG, which I agree on. A better small forward would be nice, but I agree on a starting point guard being more important.

If we had a decent starting caliber PG, we wouldn't even be having this conversation. The problem is your touching on management being the issue, and you're pinpointing the fact that one, Jesse Buss, had been arrested for intoxication, is a factor in why these people aren't making moves, because they're drunk all the time?

Like I've repeatedly said, We have yet to see how this FO team will run when given full control. You can't pass a fair judgement on this issue now. It needs time. Thats all I am saying. In the next year or two if we see stupid things happening, then I can step back and say, "okay, we have a problem".

Without going into detail, I can tell you that I know more than enough about the parties involved in this issue to have ZERO confidence in their ability to run anything........even a horse stable. Jimmy Buss likes booze too.......not just Jesse. Jimmy is the type of guy who wants to sit on the throne and brag that he's the King and is in charge........but not the type to put his full energy into anything or be responsible........much more time looking in the mirror and admiring his robe......do you know what I mean?

Really, you would need to see 2 years of incompetence before you would admit it was a disaster???? If you are outside on a dark cloudy day and you hear thunder and see lightning.....and you start getting soaked please realize that it is raining.....don't wait to hear the weather report that night
J/K
Old 02-25-2012, 01:02 AM   #21
DKLaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BØBØ
Bill Bertka is head of the scouts all hires go through him. I'm fairly sure he knows what he's doing.
Clay Moser is the advanced scout for Brown he's more than capable
Ettore Messina covers the FIBA aspect of it and he's more than capable

Look up those people names and you'll find the Lakers scouting department is one of the better ones in the league. With the growth of video and technology in the sport you don't need 10 guys to traipse across the country anymore eyeballing everyone they can. A quality in-house video crew is more important than feet on the ground. Why go to one game when you can see an entire seasons worth of play without leaving home

Bertka??? Once upon a time he could do the job.....not now.

Clay Moser..........did you notice that less than 24 hours before the Lakers played the Knicks that Brown didn't even know who Jeremy Lin was????
There's some damn great scouting huh??
Ettore Messina is not handling any scouting.

If you look at the teams in the NBA who have had the most success, you would see they spend much more time, money, energy and personnel than the Lakers piss poor non effort. Video?? You only have so much time to go over video.....you need a ton of people to scout using video.....it's not like you watch a game once, non stop. You have to stop, replay, circle, graph, track and comment........this takes considerable time per game. I have been doing this for a very long time......obviously you have never done this.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: